September 2, 2014 | 1878 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Tulle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got this after reading Kate M is a fan of this color. Its a brown base, dark pink which really works with my tan skin(NC35/37). I line with BB lip liner in brownie pink (also her fav)and it looks gorg!! i also find the new formula of BB lipstick has improved over the years. Its softer when applied and doesnt drag. Its less waxy. However i do find the waxy smell still present but not as overpowering. The new formula is not thick,doesnt feather and leaves a lip balm like moisturised after-feel.

I topped it off with clear gloss and it looks so sexy and modern. Def worth the combo to try. But as most gals complain BB is unusually pricey for a makeup of a fairly simple line of philosophy for natural beauty. So the price ... thats my only gripe ...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by jenngjt

I've tried MAC, Chanel and Bobbi Brown but this range ("Lip Stick" that has the gold inner body) takes the cake compared to the 2 other brands.

Bobbi Brown is great because it doesn't have a strange smell like MAC, and feels way more moisturizing and has slightly better pigmentation than Chanel. When I glide this on my lips, it feels more comfortable (more moisture, less greasy/sticky feeling) than Chanel's which says a lot given that Chanel lipsticks are supposed to be really moisturizing. I don't have to use a lot of it to cover my lines, and my lips look perfect after even though I don't have the most moisturized of lips!

Color stays on forever, I see a lot of it even after lunch.

On the shade, Tulle is a 'my lips but better' shade & I like that the pigmentation can cover the slightly darker parts of my lips. It's a little brownish pink and yet the right amount of pink for work! It took me a long while to find the perfect shade of pink that brightens up my face and yet doesn't look like it's awkward or glaring on my lips. I just wished they made more shades and colors like MAC and Chanel!

However, not all Bobbi Brown lipsticks are made the same. I tried the "Rich Lip Color" range and it is really drying. I had to use lots of it to go over the lines on my lips which were made more obvious by the lippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

so i now have 3 of these, one a repurchase, so you know i love the formula. to me, they are non-drying; moisturizing, in fact. i take good care of my lips and am well hydrated though so they're in pretty good condition to begin w/. creamy, long-lasting rich opaque color. i have sandwash pink (my first lipstick repurchase EVER) which is def a MLBB (my lips but better) shade for me. it's like a medium pinky beige. i wear pink beige gloss over it, they are like the same color. then i have brownie. this is quite a dark 'brownie' pink. it is very different and much darker than sandwash pink but i'd still consider it in the neutral family. i sometimes wear rosy gloss over it to give it some depth but this one i like very much on its own. finally, i just received tulle in the mail sight unseen because i wanted something w/ a 'pop' of color but not TOO blatant like red or something and an online MUA i was chatting w/ recommended it based on my coloring. she recommended the marina pink sheer gloss atop. i bought that combo and am VERY happy w/ it. it is indeed a bright but not over the top medium-dark pink. it looks gorgeous w/ the marina. even my husband who is impartial to makeup and just thinks it gets in the way said he liked it, since he either usually can't tell one color from another or like if i have neon pink on obviously that's for me, not him. he said it was a nice bold color but not "too overwhelming". i will definitely look to bobbi's lip colors for my future lipstick needs. i have not found a formula i like better, and i've tried make up forever, shiseido, urban decay, nars, clinique, lancome, dior, guerlain, yves st laurent, mac, bare escentuals, multiple drugstore brands... to name a FEW!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my go to colors for the office or for a regular day out. It is a very wearable pink. So many pink lipsticks on the market are blue based or too light for my pigmented lips. I'm so glad this lipstick is not blue based and looks great still on my warm toned skin. It is a matte lipstick and if you wanted extra moisture, place a balm underneath or gloss over. It has a very slight light creamy brown undertone, but it is mostly pink. Kind of tawny pink. It looks great on my coloring (light yellow based skin and dark hair and eyes). I found it to be very wearable for office use and had many compliments on this lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

This is a beautiful, blue-based medium pink. The texture is matte and find that in winter, it tends to dry my lips out, so I make sure to wear a lip balm underneath. I

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by fourkicks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I asked a BB sales assistant to find a my lips but better shade for me, and she picked out Tulle. At first, I thought that I'd just been caught up in the moment and bought too many BB products, as I couldn't really see that this shade did anything for me.

Then I realised, over time, that it was actually doing the thing I'd always wanted: enhancing my lip colour really beautifully and making my bluegrey eyes pop, without looking too much. As has been mentioned by others it can definitely be layered for more impact. I love this pink and it is so great for a smoky eye or for more subtle work make-up. Paired with a rosy blush, you just look so fresh and healthy! I like wearing a lip balm underneath, but it also looks great on its own or with different lipglosses on top.

I am already on my second tube of this lipstick and will repurchase. Fantastic product, amazing shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by PrettyPouty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous and subtle shade of medium, neutral pink w just a hint of brown undertone. I call it my ballerina pink because it makes me think of the color of old fashioned ballerina tutus or slippers. I love this pink for work or for a more natural look but with generous application there is a lot of color payoff! A gentle pop of pink, but very classy! I do find Bobbi's lipcolor to be just a tad drying although I prefer this formula for its staying power and it really isn't drying enough to be a problem for me. Sometimes just a bit of gloss softens things up in the middle of the day. For reference I have medium skin with yellow and pink undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by al2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am finishing my first tube of this at the moment. This color looks really nice and natural on me. My lips are already pigmented and I wanted something a bit stronger than my natural lip color. To me this is one of those "your lips but better" colors. It looks much darker and more pigmented on me than in the tube. When I went to pick out a Chanel lipstick as a present for my mom, I showed Tulle (which my mom really likes) to the SA and she as amazed by the color and asked me what it was. It looks a lot like Mademoiselle from the Rouge Coco range, just a bit less brown and more rose colored. The color is also buildable, as I saw one night when I was going out and tried to layer it. Once applied well (two layers, first one padded with a tissue) it does last, and even after drinking/eating there is a nice stain from this on my lips. It also survived night outs with drinking/smoking. I do not remember though how kissproof the color is, although I'd think it's not amazing in that, because it does fade easily and after blowing my nose some of the color comes of really easily.
The formula is nice and smooth at the beginning, and the lipstick does not move into lines and does not smudge throughout the day. It's easy to take off, yet it does dehydrate my lips quite a bit. I'm currently using it with MAC's prep & prime for lips, yet after applying it over prep & prime, I've noticed that the actually lipstick in the tube becomes a bit chunky and the texture of the lipstick on the lips is a bit sticky. However, it is not as dehydrating that way, which I obviously prefer to a bit of stickiness. Except for the dehydration problem, it's a beautiful color and a staple in my makeup bag. I've been wearing it almost every day since I got it and i'ts lasted me for a few months now. I will check out Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle, since it seems quite close and the Rouge Coco lipsticks are really hydrating. However I will probably nevertheless purchase this color again, since it's so beautiful and suits my neutral based porcelain skin so nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by valeriellen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a go-to pink lippie for my purse for years, and they're always too sheer on my relatively unpigmented lips. Tulle is the answer. It's a lovely pink- not too brown, not too bright. Slap a bit of gloss on top and you're looking neat and fresh! It really passes my purse-lippie test... goes with everything, and doesn't need a liner to look like you're wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Chuvaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was at the MAC counter but didn't buy the lipstick I was interested in because the finish was frosted. I decided to visit the BB counter and tried a sandwash pink and Tulle.

Wow! I love this lipstick. Looks natural enough without making me look washed out. Wish I had this is my collection sooner. Would definitely buy again.