October 24, 2014 | 1809 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Pigalle

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Limey

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why, oh why do I ever buy any lipstick other than NARS? All the lipsticks in my rotation are NARS, all the ones I have used up and had to dig out the last morsel of colour are NARS. Pigalle will be no exception, a beautiful warm pinkish brown that lights up my whole face, it's what I wanted all the MAC pinks I have tried to be , so if you are warm toned and think pinks always turn blue on you, this one will prove you wrong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by suzannerenee2012

I tend to gravitate towards reds, although I have pale skin with gold undertones so it's difficult to find a perfect match. Am on vacation this week and wanted to tone things down for time off and find the perfect nude. Tried on many lipsticks before stumbling upon this one. I love Nars, in general, for its deep pigments and am thrilled that I found this shade! It's perfection! I agree with others who posted that it works best with a bit of lip balm underneath to prevent drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by elle_3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After I started doing water sports and developed a tan, I thought I'd never find a perfect MLBB shade that wouldn't leave me looking like I'd just risen from the dead. I'm in love with this shade. It's incredibly easy to wear and I'll definitely be wearing it to work.

It's a matte colour and hence may be drying on the lips, but I usually wear a thin layer of lip balm (La Mer) underneath it and it hasn't been giving me any problems, which is saying a lot as my lips are pretty darn sensitive. I used to avoid wearing lipsticks as wearing just a little would cause my lips to looks as though I put a cheese grater to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new go-to lipstick for work. I am a young WOC and have NW45 skin. Beautiful and understated is what this lipstick is. Just the right hint of red/brown/pink shows on my lips. Well done, NARS.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by sab628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I am a MUA, and I must say I am very impresses with this lipstick, itțs a beautiful , matte, lovely color that look very natural , I love it. I was amused by the reviewer who said the color belongs to the intimate area, wow this is a very vivid imagination.For those who think it is too matte or drying, a matte lipstick looks more sophisticated and natural than a creamy, droopy one like NYX

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by laracole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

(see pics) I'm so excited to have found a MLBB color. The whole concealer as a nude doesn't work with my lips because my lip color is so different from my skintone. I'm around NC40 and my lips are pretty pigmented, and have uneven coloring so It's difficult to find nudes and neutrals that don't wash me out and clash with my skintone. Most things I try appear too cool on me. My bare lips are darker on the outside and lighter inside and are pinkish brown with a bit of mauve, so for me the color description of pink brown is spot on. Since my lips are pigmented, I can see a pink tone. Great everyday color. I can use out of the tube no problem, but I can see where lighter skinned women may have a problem. It's opaque, which is necessary for my lip color.

I tried looking for a less expensive dupe within the Sephora brand rouge cremes (similar texture imo), but the neutrals didn't have the nice balance of pink and brown that this has. The one that came closest was almost a dupe, but too yellow so it made me look sick.

Overall I love this color and it's worth every cent. My only gripe is the dryness. I just put clear gloss over it and it does the trick. Lasts pretty long on me too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by perfumenut

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only lipstick that I have EVER repurchased....in fact, I'm on my third tube! I have very pale, slightly yellowish skin and Pigalle works perfectly on me. It's a lipstick that has actually got me compliments and I've had 2 people ask for the name and have purchased it because of how it appears on me (one said it looked very "modern"). On my skin/lips, it is the perfect matte pinkish brown and it does make my teeth appear whiter. As the day goes on, and it fades or I bite it off, it wears off naturally - not leaving garish telltale signs of old lipstick. I keep an older tube in my purse and the older it gets, the dryer the formula is...don't love that, but actually the drier the tube, the longer it lasts on my lips so it's a good trade-off. Very pleased - I hope they never discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Much like reviewer SolarTantrum, I am so over the moon about this lipstick. I had been looking at it for a couple of years but never tried it on. Well, today was the day, and I am so glad I finally got this! I have been looking for the perfect neutral-ish, MLBB lipstick and have bought so many from MAC during my search, but Nars has done what no other brand could do for me. The formula is semi-matte which is great because if it were completely matte it would be too drying. Will just a smidge of lip balm underneath, I am good to go. My lips feel comfortable and the lipstick isn't budging at all. That's how a great quality lipstick is supposed to perform. Opaque coverage that I love because I don't need a lip liner with this and I need a lip liner for most lipsticks to either tone down or blend my own natural lipline...I was so surprised at how good this color looks on me -- color description on the Nars site is "pink chocolate" and though I was mislead by that at first, I find that this is very accurate. I am no longer looking for that HG pinkish neutral or "everyday" lippie--I've found it :) Totally worth the $24 and I will be buying again and again once I use it up. Nars please don't ever discontinue this!! (MAC C7, Px Antelope, Becca Syrup for reference)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

Yes this lipstick is a bit dry because it's a matte color, but it didn't bother me. If it bothers others I would suggets using a little lip balm with it. On me this a dark brownish pink, which is really flattering and very appropriate for the office. It lasts on me too. This is the one of the only lipsticks I've actually repurchased, and the only NARS product I've ever re-purchased. I will buy it again when I run out if it's still available. As far as packaging goes I love the look of the black casing of NARS lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pigalle is brick red on me. I like the texture and finish of this very matte lipstick. I'm not positive the color is my best color, and it's weird to me that it's nowhere near YLLB on me -- it's much darker, and my lips are more pink. I think this is a great lipstick but I'm not sure about his shade for me.