October 20, 2014 | 1895 users online

Cleansers - Weleda - Almond Cleansing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Weleda Almond range is gentle but ineffective in my experience. The alcohol content of the products also may dry the skin in the long term. I bought the Almond cleanser when I was having a bout of irritated sensitive skin due to excessive washing. It calmed my skin down initially as it was pretty inert but I didn't feel that it was cleaning well. I struggled to finish the bottle. It doesn't take sunscreen off very well. It may be a good morning cleanser when you don't have sunscreen or make up on. I find the alcohol drying. It also gave the products an unpleasant dry feel. I used it in conjunction with the Almond cream which is also a mediocre product. The only noteworthy product in this range in my opinion is the Almond oil which was lovely to use and nice effects on my skin. I gave it two lippies for the effort on Weleda's part as there is a distinct lack of natural products without heavy essential oils for sensitive skin types on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice cream cleanser to use if you have sensitive skin and do not wear any makeup. I will not purchase again because I need something that will remove my makeup or whatever I used to remove my makeup. This has a very light scent and is not drying at all. The tube did not last very long and was very expensive considering how small it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe it, but I was allergic this. I'm so sad. It cleaned my crazy skin nicely and didn't leave my face feeling tight or dry. However, I had a mild itching, hot sensation on my cheeks while I was washing and after a few days' use, started to develop a legitimate rash on both cheeks (my most sensitive area).

Oddly, I can use the cream from this line without a problem, and it has almost the same ingredients. It must just be the formulation. Perhaps more lactic acid, GS SE, or alcohol in this than in the face cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

This is the only product from the Almond line that I tolerate. This is my favorite morning facial wash!! I'm very sensitive with a few hormonal breakouts and aging skin(dry). The smell is like almonds and it leaves my skin soft. Small package but I use it only in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely cleansing lotion!
Very gentle and soothing on the skin, cleans well and it's very easy to remove, which is a big plus for me. It is fragrance free but it smells lightly of almonds. It's not stripping or irritating and my combination-dry skin loves it. I use a different cleanser to take off make-up, but this one works perfectly well if I've only used some tinted moisturiser.
I've been using it for a month twice a day and I still have some left but it's only 75ml, Weleda should probably consider making bigger sizes.
The packaging is not very user-friendly but I respect that the company maintains these aluminium tubes instead of plastic ones. I also value that the ingredients are natural and respect the environment. I bought mine for around 5 here in Europe. It's a really great deal if you can get it for around this price. I plan on repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well to start off, I love Weleda. The quality of their products is great and I feel like I'm making a sustainable choice for myself and the environment -just not my wallet. This little bottle ran me $16 and will last three weeks tops. Folks, that's a LOT of money. I love what it does, how clean and soft it makes my skin feel, and how yummy and soothing it is. I use oil (usually coconut, jojoba, or sweet almond) to take my makeup off and blot with a tissue. I then use a dab of this on a cotton ball (maybe the size of a blueberry) to get the excess oil and anything else off. It really works, I see blackheads and gunk in it every time that I'm sure never came out with my old soap and water routine. At the end, I use a cotton ball with Bragg's and water to tone and smooth my face. I love this product and it works well for my super sensitive skin, but it is just so pricey. I don't know what to do :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This really doesn't do the job as far as makeup removal is concerned. It hardly gets anything off and does not touch eye makeup at all. I am a fan of creamy/ milky cleansers and currently my two favorites are DHC's Cleansing Milk and the Body Shop's Vitamin E Cleansing Cream, which both remove makeup, rinse well and leave skin moisturized. While Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion smells delicious, it simply does not remove makeup, yet somehow leaves my skin feeling a bit squeaky after I rinse - maybe it's the alcohol? I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by emmdub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG cleanser. I have combination-dry skin which at one point was very dry due to a change in clothing detergent that it turns out I was allergic to. Sleeping on pillowcases completely screwed my face up and I went on a frantic search for new cleanser and moisturizer. I came across reviews for Weleda almond cleansing lotion and gave it a try and haven't looked back. I use this cleansing lotion almost every day, although in the summer sometimes it can be a bit too moisturizing, so I switch it out for cleanser samples I get from Sephora or Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Daily Gentle Cleanser. I've purchased this three times now and absolutely love that it is paraben free!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm finally happy with my bone-dry and highly reactive skin, or maybe it's finally happy with me. Either way, the Weleda almond products have done what no other skincare line has done for me, whether it's a cult French label or another 'botanical' company. The Cleansing Lotion takes away all sunscreen, grit and makeup and leaves my skin feeling very clean but basically already moisturized. I do use the cream from the same line to ensure that I don't get dry, and hopefully I will never have to have flaky, sad spinster skin again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by xxsweetDESiRExx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy using this product. I should mention my skin type. I have dry skin-- it can get especially dry in the winter. Also, my skin is very sensitive and I break out easily from many products (including products that are supposed to be fine for sensitive skin, such as Cetaphil).
This product has not broken me out and it makes an excellent cleanser. Note that this is NOT supposed to be a make-up remover. It is a cleanser and it does a great job at that. I like to use it in the morning to cleanse my face from remaining cream or oil that I put on at night. It leaves my face feeling clean. It doesn't leave a "tight" feeling like some cleansers leave.
I also like that the ingredient list is short. This is great for someone who breaks out easily. The ingredients are:
Water, sweet almond oil, glyceryl stearate se, alcohol, prunus domestic seed oil, zanthan gum, lactic acid