April 19, 2014 | 1709 users online

Cleansers - Weleda - Almond Cleansing Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe it, but I was allergic this. I'm so sad. It cleaned my crazy skin nicely and didn't leave my face feeling tight or dry. However, I had a mild itching, hot sensation on my cheeks while I was washing and after a few days' use, started to develop a legitimate rash on both cheeks (my most sensitive area).

Oddly, I can use the cream from this line without a problem, and it has almost the same ingredients. It must just be the formulation. Perhaps more lactic acid, GS SE, or alcohol in this than in the face cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

This is the only product from the Almond line that I tolerate. This is my favorite morning facial wash!! I'm very sensitive with a few hormonal breakouts and aging skin(dry). The smell is like almonds and it leaves my skin soft. Small package but I use it only in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely cleansing lotion!
Very gentle and soothing on the skin, cleans well and it's very easy to remove, which is a big plus for me. It is fragrance free but it smells lightly of almonds. It's not stripping or irritating and my combination-dry skin loves it. I use a different cleanser to take off make-up, but this one works perfectly well if I've only used some tinted moisturiser.
I've been using it for a month twice a day and I still have some left but it's only 75ml, Weleda should probably consider making bigger sizes.
The packaging is not very user-friendly but I respect that the company maintains these aluminium tubes instead of plastic ones. I also value that the ingredients are natural and respect the environment. I bought mine for around 5 here in Europe. It's a really great deal if you can get it for around this price. I plan on repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well to start off, I love Weleda. The quality of their products is great and I feel like I'm making a sustainable choice for myself and the environment -just not my wallet. This little bottle ran me $16 and will last three weeks tops. Folks, that's a LOT of money. I love what it does, how clean and soft it makes my skin feel, and how yummy and soothing it is. I use oil (usually coconut, jojoba, or sweet almond) to take my makeup off and blot with a tissue. I then use a dab of this on a cotton ball (maybe the size of a blueberry) to get the excess oil and anything else off. It really works, I see blackheads and gunk in it every time that I'm sure never came out with my old soap and water routine. At the end, I use a cotton ball with Bragg's and water to tone and smooth my face. I love this product and it works well for my super sensitive skin, but it is just so pricey. I don't know what to do :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This really doesn't do the job as far as makeup removal is concerned. It hardly gets anything off and does not touch eye makeup at all. I am a fan of creamy/ milky cleansers and currently my two favorites are DHC's Cleansing Milk and the Body Shop's Vitamin E Cleansing Cream, which both remove makeup, rinse well and leave skin moisturized. While Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion smells delicious, it simply does not remove makeup, yet somehow leaves my skin feeling a bit squeaky after I rinse - maybe it's the alcohol? I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by emmdub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG cleanser. I have combination-dry skin which at one point was very dry due to a change in clothing detergent that it turns out I was allergic to. Sleeping on pillowcases completely screwed my face up and I went on a frantic search for new cleanser and moisturizer. I came across reviews for Weleda almond cleansing lotion and gave it a try and haven't looked back. I use this cleansing lotion almost every day, although in the summer sometimes it can be a bit too moisturizing, so I switch it out for cleanser samples I get from Sephora or Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Daily Gentle Cleanser. I've purchased this three times now and absolutely love that it is paraben free!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm finally happy with my bone-dry and highly reactive skin, or maybe it's finally happy with me. Either way, the Weleda almond products have done what no other skincare line has done for me, whether it's a cult French label or another 'botanical' company. The Cleansing Lotion takes away all sunscreen, grit and makeup and leaves my skin feeling very clean but basically already moisturized. I do use the cream from the same line to ensure that I don't get dry, and hopefully I will never have to have flaky, sad spinster skin again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by xxsweetDESiRExx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy using this product. I should mention my skin type. I have dry skin-- it can get especially dry in the winter. Also, my skin is very sensitive and I break out easily from many products (including products that are supposed to be fine for sensitive skin, such as Cetaphil).
This product has not broken me out and it makes an excellent cleanser. Note that this is NOT supposed to be a make-up remover. It is a cleanser and it does a great job at that. I like to use it in the morning to cleanse my face from remaining cream or oil that I put on at night. It leaves my face feeling clean. It doesn't leave a "tight" feeling like some cleansers leave.
I also like that the ingredient list is short. This is great for someone who breaks out easily. The ingredients are:
Water, sweet almond oil, glyceryl stearate se, alcohol, prunus domestic seed oil, zanthan gum, lactic acid

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by thebeesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very nice cleanser, with simple ingredients. I'm break-out prone, but this does not seem to bother my skin. In fact, I look more even-toned and less oily. I combine this with the Almond cream. The only con is a) the price and b) I hate the metal packaging, it always gets dents in it toward the end and product squirts out all over the place. A minor quibble. I am contemplating buying this again, but there are other cleansers I want to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Gradgirl1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love with Weleda Soothing Almond Cleansing Lotion. It is so moisturizing on my soft, dry skin that I don't always need to moisturize after using it, which is darn near a miracle! I had used Estee Lauder Tender Creme Cleanser for years, but wanted a more natural product. However, nearly every cleanser I tried was too drying on my skin. I am so glad I found this product (thanks to another MUA member!) I actually smile more after using this product because the skin on my face is so much more supple! I found that in combination with the Weleda Almond Lotion it reduces wrinkles, too. It has a great score on EWG, I'm so pleased.