July 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Shave Products - Trader Joe's - Honey Mango Shave

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG for sure. I use an epilator pretty regularly, so a lot of the regrowth is very fine. This leads to a lot of breakage. Shaving every once in a while helps keeps legs smooth. I decided to try this cream after reading the reviews... It is the most amazing shave product! After using this, my legs are so smooth and moisturized. I might make shaving my regular means of leg hair removal. Price is ok, I believe it went up recently.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe I haven't written a review for this product yet because it's just so incredibly good.

HG shaving product and I'd recommend it to anybody & everybody. Perfect for giving a slick, smooth shave anywhere on your body! Legs, armpits, bikini line, this softens the hair beautifully and makes your razor feel so nice against your skin with no dragging, nicking, or itching after you're done. Just smooth, pretty, moisturized legs to enjoy with a lotion of your choice. I haven't got a single cut since using this. It's so buttery and slippery.

Has a nice, clean, mild smell that doesn't stick to your skin at all once you've washed it off. I'm so happy with the price and how well this product works. Shaving my legs has turned from a chore to something luxurious since I've found this product. I will repurchase until the ends of time or I'm too old to give a crud about body hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by domin007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive and dry skin but I don't buy shave gels often because they're so expensive. Yes, I could use conditioner but those never have the right texture and tend to just fall off my skin. This stuff is 8 oz for about 4 dollars, so it passes my cheap test. I'd say it smells more like honey than mango, but it smells delicious nonetheless. But really, it's just a really nice shave cream for the pice. It gives my skin a bit of moisure, it helps my razor glide on the skin nicely and you only need a small amount so I'm expecting this bottle to last for ages. If you want to be part of the fancy people who buy fancy shave products group but don't like the price, this is a good product to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by msdeezee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells great, and it's nice and slippery as you want a shaving product to be. It's a bit thin, and not extremely moisturizing, but for the price you can't beat it. I like emollient shave products way more than lathery or foamy products, so this is great for me. If you wanted something even cheaper, you could just go with a v05 conditioner or something, but I like this a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! Fantastic, affordable, and moisturizing shave cream. Have repurchased many, many times. Love that it's cruelty-free, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have originally bought this product off Amazon, as a gift for my SO who used to shave with only water and, unsurprisingly, often had irritated skin. Thank you, Trader Joe's, for a small gesture of labeling this shave cream as "for men and women," so it doesn't make men uncomfortable to use a "girly" product. Although I bought it for him, I tried this cream too, and have been completely sold. This shave cream is the best ever! It is surprisingly creamy, but never leaves residue on a razor. I feel like it really penetrates the skin and moistens it. This cream smells lovely, and can appeal to both men and women. The price is amazing, and, as others have said, the product last a really long time. For anyone who doesn't have Trader Joe's nearby, check out Amazon for it. I hope they never stop making it! Highly recommend as a great gift to anyone who shaves. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this was my HG shaving product for a long long time but sadly no trader joe's around me carried it any more. sadness :( its so very gentle and lasts forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I bought this on a whim, I was reading reviews and happened to go to my trader joes that day, I decided to pick this up. I honestly did not need this product and I'm still staying firm on that. I think it smells nice, it's smooth, I still need about a quarter size or so for my leg and it seems to get the job done. I don't think it preps your skin for a closer shave, the smell doesn't seem to linger and I don't think it does anything else a body wash or conditioner couldn't do. Because I have a huge bottle of olay body wash and also Nivea body wash, I can happily use those two washes to shave and get the same results. I actually like shaving with conditioner as well, it does the same thing. I would love this if they had a body lotion for it, it smells that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by shry

This is THE best shave cream, nay, shave product ever!!

I've tried EOS, Skintimates, store brands and even conditioner (because it's cheap and at the price you pay for half of the shaving creams/gels out there, you get triple the product for a fraction of the price), searching for the best cream that doesn't stink, turn into water when you apply it to your skin so you end up getting razor burn, helps reduce the risk of ingrown hairs AND moisturizes amazingly. This shave cream is the greatest thing since sliced bread - you only need like a dime sized amount and it covers the ENTIRE LEG!!! With other creams/gels I've use - such as EOS - I've had to pump it 3x to get enough for *one area*. Not to mention you can't get all of the product out when it's low, which is a cheap way to get people to rush out and buy more. I honestly can't say enough good things about this. It's a little pricey ($3.50), but I'd gladly pay $10 for how wonderfully well this stuff works.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by popnote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best shave cream I've used period. I had previously been using eos, which was okay but not really any better than your regular shaving creams and gels in the cans.

First things first, a tube lasts AGES. You don't have to use much at all. I'm using about a nickel-sized dollop for one leg. It costs about the same as a bottle of eos but last MUCH, MUCH longer, so it's a much better value. Plus, unlike eos, you can get all of the product out of the bottle because it's a tube rather than a pump.

Second, it is very moisturizing and smells great. I typically don't need to use a moisturizer after shaving when I've used this. I have to use one on days I don't shave.

Third, it's not irritating to my skin like regular shaving creams and gels. To me, that alone is pretty much worth the switch.

Fourth and finally, in what may be one of the oddest things I've felt the need to write in a review, it isn't clear. It's white. You can definitely tell where you've shaved. I am adding that based on an earlier review that says it's not just so no one is confused. Besides, if you're concerned with clogging a razor while shaving, you should just be rinsing the blades more regularly anyway.

I can't tell any difference in the closeness of my shaves with this versus any other product, so I don't think there's any sacrifice of quality.

I'm soon moving from a town with a TJs to one without, and before I do, I plan on stocking up! It's THAT good.