Trader Joe's Honey Mango Shave

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/8/2015 8:47:00 AM

This was my husband's HG shaving product. I would buy 5 tubes at a time to make sure he had it when it was out of stock (which happened twice). After using it with no problem for several years, he developed a red, itchy rash on his neck. Visits to several dermatologists offered differing diagnoses and were unsuccessful in treating his discomfort and unsightly neck. After myriad creams and ointments he realized that it was Trader Joe's honey mango cream shave. Still don't know what the culprit ingredient is, but he is finishing up the replacement About-legs alpha hydroxy shave cream which is no longer available. I assume I will look for some hypoallergenic product and experiment.

on 4/17/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know about this being able to help with not getting nicks and prepping your skin for shaving like other reviewers have said because I use Venus Embrace and can't remember the last time I've cut myself. That being said I really do love this product anyways. It smells freakin amazing, I want them to start a body lotion line with this scent, it's to die for. It's creamy not foamy like other shaving "creams" and it leaves my legs ridiculously soft through to the next day (my leg hairs grow quickly lol) but regardless, they feel smooth. I previously had stopped buying shaving cream and used my hair conditioner to shave instead which I thought was the best idea ever until I found this product. This beats anything else for sure.

on 2/11/2015 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so glad that I read all these reviews and went to buy this product. All my life I've just shaved using whatever soap I had in the shower. Never again! I ADORE this shaving cream!
First of all, it smells absolutely amazing. The packaging is nice, the cap is on the bottom so it's easy to get the product out. The shaving gel has a nice medium consistency that's easy to spread over my skin.
It helped my razor glide so much smoother over my skin. I didn't get any nicks, razor bumps, or irritation like I used to while shaving. My legs were so smooth and moisturized after using this product.
The only con I found is that when using this I need to take more time so clean my razor after each swipe. It seems to clog my razor.
I totally recommend this!

on 2/6/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great smelling shaving cream! I use this and so does my husband. It feels smooth, leaves my skin soft, smells great, and has good ingredients.

on 12/17/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Smells delicious! Every shower is now a wonderful spa-like experience :). Left my legs super smooth with a really close shave. I used to dread shaving my legs before I tried this; I have sensitive skin and thick hairs = Dry, irritated Itchy skin after shaving.

The Best! shaving cream I've ever used, and does not irritate.This applied to wet skin just makes the razor glide.

The packaging is perfect for conveniently storing in shower.

Trader Joe's has the best bath and beauty products; once I try one I'm usually hooked!

Great shave cream. Long lasting. Nice scent. I like it better than gels and foams.

on 10/20/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a gift and I'm glad I did because I probably would've never purchased it. This is a gel cream and a little goes a long way. Provides a smooth shave and I love the scent -- not too strong -- yet very nice. I did seem to go thru this pretty quickly (2 months) so that is the only con.

on 10/13/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This has a cream texture and is very moisturizing, inexpensive and has great ingredients. It has a subtle fruity smell

on 9/21/2014 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Men!! This is such a good shaving cream! It smells good too and no bumps.

HG status, this stuff freaking rules. I noticed that people at Trader Joe's literally buy this stuff by the caseload and for good reason. It smells good, feels good and provides the perfect amount of slip without clogging your razor. Did I mention this stuff is also insanely cheap? Yay!

Popular Shave Products