October 30, 2014 | 1285 users online

Eye Shadow - Sonia Kashuk - Eyeshadow

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by CroatBoat

The most dissapointing eyeshadow ever. No pigmentation. Just looks like faint sparkles, all 4 shades. 14 bucks for nothing. I have #16 shimmering sands, and if the colors were anywhere true to how they looked in the pan this would be my favorite quad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

These are ok - I have about 3 compacts total (2 quads, 6pc palette). I just don't find them to be smooth and pigmented like a lot of the eyeshadows I already own ranging from WnW, L'oreal Infallible to UD, Lorac, etc

The 6 pc eye palette is the one I use most often of the 3 but it's not great. I have it in "perfectly neutral 10" and comes in with a cream, reddish brown and other shimmery brown, nude and taupe shades. I usually need to apply primer then at least layer the shade twice (sometimes more!) to see anything. They fade terribly fast too, even with primer I notice they are almost gone in about 4-5 hours. Some colours just show up as shimmer and not much pigment at all. They are also quite dry, and therefore difficult to blend when I'm trying different looks. I just use them now when I'm in a rush to just sweep a single colour over the lid and not blend with anything else. others have mentioned this in the reviews as well - that when used as a single eyelid colour it is ok but for blending - forget it.

Overall - I'm disappointed with all the SK eyeshadows because of the poor pigmentation, dry dusty quality and short wear time. They are workable but I would not repurchase. If you are on a budget, the WnW are really good, soft and blendable - much better than these!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Gailmakeup

I really like her eyeshadow quads, and I am usually very picky and only like high end and mineral eyeshadow , her colors are interesting and her glitters are very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you've seen these eyeshadow palettes in Target and found time to wonder about them...by all means, take them out for a spin, but mind a few pros and cons. Pro: they're sheer, wearable, blend beautifully, and the colours are on-trend without being loud and confrontational. Con: the texture is EXTREMELY dry and powdery, so expect a lot of fallout--you'll want to prep the lids with a moist foundation or primer to help it adhere, and keep a packet of makeup wipes on hand to clean up under the eyes. I have the Shimmering Sands quad and the Diamond Life duo, both of which are in heavy rotation when I'm doing either nuts-and-bolts minimalism or a strong lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

best drugstore shadows hands down very blendable and long lasting but not very pigmented

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by grldollies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great Eye Shadows! I have several of Sonia Kashuk's single colors & group palettes. I like her eye shadows as well as Macs or Ulta's. A little bit more color choices then other department store brands but not anything like Mac. But what is available are of nice quality & the mattes are very finely made. They blend well & hold all day.
The Sweet Nothings have a base with it which would work probably for normal to dry gals but I am a bit oily and Too Face shadow Insurance works better for me.
The Glitter Collection I bought last year has a nice matte plumb that is super nice color for in my shadow crease area when I use a light shade on my lid like Starlight (matte). I just wish it was available in the single palette. The other plumbs are too dark or too purple. I need to take it to the Mac counter (before I use it all up) & see if I can match it. I didn't have any luck with matching it with Ulta. I think it may be a limited collection too.
I like the glitter collections but I usually do not use heavy glitter eye shadows. They just are too glam for work but I have used them as an accent - high light for evening wear. I am older (50) so a little is better for me and I do not like a dark or heavy look. Less is more - but of coarse none is so Bla!!!!
Better then most of department brands out there. I am not knocking department store brands as I do use some, just not the eye shadows. I have not found many that I like as well as Mac. So I do recommend Sonia Kashuk as a nice quality brand to use for eye shadows.

Too Face - Shadow Insurance, eyelid primer. It comes in a handy tube. Itís a little expensive but you get what you pay for. I never ever have eye creases and my eye make up will stay on perfectly till I take it off even 24 hrs later. I have combo skin in the winter (2 months!) but mostly oily skin here in drippy hot Florida! Iíve tried so many but this one is the best. It is the only one that I don't ever have a crease no matter what I did even after a good work out at the gym.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by IllTakeIt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love her shadows! I have tried the sparkly ones which are to die for and the matt ones. I highly recomed the quad with the sparkly and matt shadows you will love it, It goes on super easy and gives your eves a wet shimmery look. I will buy again and stock up , I like these better than Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by andreama

I bought an eyeshadow duo in Taunting Teal and I don't really like it. The colors are pretty in the pan but they are so lightly pigmented, the colors don't come out as nice as they look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS:
1. Easily available at Target
2. AMAZING color choices

CONS:
1. Pricier than other DS brands
2. Not as pigmeted as I'd like (but this makes it easier to use the more daring colors during the day, toned down)

Repurchase? Yes. I currently own two duos, Cocktail Hour (01) and Take Cover (46?).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by lawils90

I was really excited to buy my first Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow pallet. I have the one in Sweet Nothings-16. I really like the eyeshadow base, its very smooth and makes my eyes look so soft. The eyeshadows however are not very pigment, which I was very disappointed about. You have to use a lot of product, usually layering on 3 swipes, to notice the color. Maybe because the colors are so light. Its not bad for just a simple eye color over the lid, but then I have to pair it with a more pigmented shade on the crease from another brand.