October 21, 2014 | 1060 users online

Liquid - Jane Iredale - Liquid Minerals

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by shinegirl

Ok.. so, I am a huge natural cosmetic fan and I have been using mineral makeup for years. I have always used powdered minerals, and I have switched back and forth between two brands. Jane Iredale and Bare Essentials. I love them both. Well...winter is comming and I always get too dry, even with all my treatments and creams. So, I decided to try the Liquid Minerals from Jane Iredale. It has a lot of minerals, algae and vitamins to help hydrate and calm the skin. While it does help keep me hydrated and calm my skin, it does not cover hardly anything. I have only had the bottle a week and a half now and a good portion of the it is gone because I have to use quite a few pumps to cover my face, and even then I have to conceal some spots with my normal powder foundation. I think I would call this a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation. I will not be purchasing this again, it was way too expensive for what the product is. I will however try her Dream Tint, it is 2 fl oz. vs. the 1 fl oz. of the Liquid Minerals and is $12.00 cheaper. Who knows, it might have the same coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Allnamestaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first clue should have been watching the S/A take almost 15 minutes just to put on the foundation/powder and blush and set it with some "tonic". Too many steps, but I said to myself if its good for your skin it would be worth it. Well,its not. It is awful in the sunlight. Settles into lines, no coverage and generally not flattering. I tried layering it, using a sponge, using fingers, and a foundation brush with different amounts of product. The results were all the same, lousy. Save your money.
UPDATE: They have foundation in liquid and powder, pressed and loose. At the recommendation of a friend tried it again. Apparently they changed formula. Liquid minerals followed by a dusting of loose base powder yielded nice results. A dab will do ya! Doesn't settle into lines anymore and looks natural in sunlight. Bravo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I finally, finally, finally found my HG foundation. I absolutely love this makeup. It doesn't look like makeup. It doesn't feel like makeup. It just makes my skin look so good. It is sheer but also has coverage.. if that makes sense. Honestly, I can't be without this, even at the price $65 CDN. I'm completely hooked and am already saving for my next bottle (even though the ladies at the spa where I bought it told me it will last a long time.) Now there have been some complaints with the application but a Jane Iredale representative showed me how to apply it and it works like a charm. Using the "Flocked Sponge $8CDN, pump two squirts of the foundation. Then, using the appropriate "Facial Spray" for your skin type $25 CDN spray onto the foundation on the sponge twice. The texture will be a bit wet so apply to your face quickly, it will seem a bit gel like... keep blending in and then it will dry to a flawless and dry finish within seconds. Trust me... it's absolutely gorgeous!

UPDATE: I do love the colour match and the texture but I find it doesn't stay on long and unfortunately I do tend to break out when I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2007 5:37:00 AM More reviews by tesschloe

This foundation was a real disappointment. It was very hard to blend, made my skin feel heavy and mask like, drying, BUT it looked quite good on. I would much prefer powder mineral foundatation as it is weighless. I will not be purchasing liquid minerals again, I still have half the bottle of this stuff left and will never use it. It is very expensive (In Australia) and really a waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2006 10:40:00 PM More reviews by hulaprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very skeptical when I first put this on my finger. It seems so light and thin and watery. Oddly though, when I applied it to may face, I could immediately see that it had just evened out my skin tone and had quite a bit of coverage. As with all mineral make up, it has to sit awhile before it looks its best.
It wears well all day, does great while working out, and even stayed on during a swim. Used with the powder it can have quite full coverage.
Very surprised and impressed by the coverage of this "light" foundation. Feels great too. Will buy again for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2003 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Prina45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this with the hope that it would give the coverage of powder minerals without the dryness. This foundation gives no coverage. It goes on wet and takes quite a bit of time to dry. If you have sun damaged, hyperpigmented areas, dry, over 40 skin, this product is not for you. Now, if you are 20 and just want a tad of something that is another thing. I would not purchase again. Very disappointed. So, another quest begins to find the foundation that gives the coverage I need without looking 1 inch thick.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No