October 1, 2014 | 1158 users online

Liquid - Jane Iredale - Liquid Minerals

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

beautiful packaging, and great color selection. But on my face it just didn`t look good, or natural. I have `Bisque`. It has light coverage, that is usually great for me as I have really good skin. When I put this on, my skin looks worse. I am using the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer now, and omg, that looks so freakin pretty and so freakin natural (sorry), wow, I will just stick to that for my little coverage. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Kittyaddict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this foundation - but would only recommend for those who have really dry skin. I would also recommend that those in the UK order some samples from mineralbeauty.co.uk first - as their samples are cheap and will save you a substantial mistake. I was once told by a Beauty Consultant that I had a warm skin tone and so was happily ordering this foundation in "Golden Glow". I liked how it felt like I had no make up on, but if I were to be picky, it could appear a tinge yellow in some lights.

I decided to order some samples to check I had the right colour and tried "radiant" which is a neutral shade, and low and behold my nearest and dearest started asking me why I was glowing and (dare I say) radiant! I love this foundation even more now. It is worth every penny of the pricey-price; and when I have veered off and tried something else, before long I do a sharp U-turn and return to JI as nothing compares. It is worth adding that I have one of those nightmare skins that tends to be red, dry and flakey and throws a hissy fit at just about everything I apply to it. It has taken me years, alot of reseach and many mistaken purchases to find my winning combination of products, and this bad boy is here to stay!

To those who are not fans, I would recommend trying the pressed powder or Amazing Base. This is my HG foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

Absolutely hated this.

Here's why!

- the texture is thick and feels wet and slimy on the skin
- the application is very bothersome
- it is required to use a brush or sponge to apply it
- it is recommended for best results to use one of the JI primers. This makes no sense to me. In order to use the one product it's required for me to buy another product to make it work better? Shouldn't a makeup product be able to work well on it's own?
- It provides coverage only for minor flaws, acne scars and dark circles still show through.
- It highlights larger pores
- It looks shiny even once it's dry and set
- rubs off and smudges on everything
- It's incredibly expensive- -

Don't bother with this, it's terrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Terpsichorean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using JI foundation for donkey's years. I started with the loose powder in Bisque (my skin is NC15 ish) and it was a perfect match. Can't remember why I switched to Liquid Minerals originally but I find it blurs my large pores better than the powder foundation. My skin is far from perfect but I dislike heavy foundation and put up with some of my flaws showing through just because the foundation is natural and 'glowy' looking.

This was advertised as being good for dry skin I think but I find it works fine with oily skin in as much oily skin works with anything (!) Whatever products/ regimes I use - I always have to blot and re-powder regularly throughout the day. The loose powder foundation probably works better in terms of the oil but I'd rather blur my pores so I stick with it.

My main bugbear with JI foundation is that the colour varies a lot between formulations. Bisque in the loose is great match for me. In the liquid minerals I need to buy a darker warm toned shade and mix a bit of that in. Oddly bisque in the pressed powder used to be darker but it is much lighter these days. Maybe they've listened to customer feedback over the years.

The reason I stick with JI is just because it acted like a skin treatment rather than an occlusive product that does nothing for your skin - my skin felt much much better when I started using these products and I am reluctant to experiment much because I'm so happy with that element of it.

I'm wondering if perhaps the wildly varying experiences of the product are to do with just what your skin gets used to and how it reacts when you change what you put on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by zoepaquin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in love with Jane Iredale's pressed powder, which I've been using for six months and suits me perfectly. In order to get maximum coverage, I thought I'd treat myself to Iredale's liquid foundation as well and apply it under their pressed powder, to get that extra-evenness that one cannot achieve with only powder as coverage.

The result : Disaster!

I'm giving this three lippies because I am sure Iredale's liquid minerals foundation is great for drier skins, and the ingredient list reads more like a treatment serum than foundation, and packaging is luxurious, but, please, if you have skin on the side of oily, or pores at all, do not buy this!!

It was awful looking. Jane Iredale only sells through specialty stores and the sales attendants are supposed to know how the products work. I cannot believe I was recommended this; this product dries to a very dewy, very satiny finish that might look great on flawless skin (it sure looked amazing on the back of my hand and on my jawline where I have no pores) but it seriously made my pores and orange-peel texture appear the biggest that I have ever seen them!

I told the SA I had oily skin, and she said this was for all skin types. It is not! After just half an hour it felt gross and mask-like, as if it was sitting on top of a layer of oil that was pushing underneath. Ew. And my oil glands went into super-production mode; I'm not even that oily, just oily-ish, but this was disaster, it was like this foundation had found the secret switch to my oil production center and turned it to the max.

I am also incredulous about how bothersome the application is. You have to mix it yourself using a concealer-type brush and some flat surface to get rid of the grainy texture it has when it comes out before even thinking of putting it on your face. I understand that the point of the little balls is to preserve the rejuvenating ingredient's freshness, but time-wise, it would be quicker to apply both a serum and a no-frills foundation, than having to pummel this serum-plus-coverage mineral liquid into shape every time. It's also no longer fun to do after the first few times, and it's inconvenient to have to schlep around another thing in my makeup bag just for getting the foundation into the right texture.

I've tried a few different applications methods, including the one from Iredale and a couple others from Goss makeup artist (he makes youtube videos) because I wanted to love this, but no matter, it always settled into my pores, highlighted my bad skin texture and made me more oily and basically looked terrible.

If you're looking for mineral or natural makeup, and have pores or oily skin, avoid this one, but you can check out Iredale's pressed powder. I've reviewed it too and gave it full marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

At first I hated this foundation..

I had bad acne at the time and was not impressed for how the first application made my skin look, plus it feels weird on the face and has this weird grainy consisentcy.
But I ran out of my foundation today and had to use this ,surprisingly if you let it dry between coats it builds quite nicely covering all the blemishes and red spots, and my friend said i had a glow today. But I looked in the mirror later and I looked a bit cakey around my neck. Didn't blend nicely with the parts of my skin that weren't covered in foundation. Try it for yourself!

UPDATE - this made me break out in big pimples in clusters around my chin area and rubs off easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not a stand alone foundation unless your skin is near perfect but combined with the pressed base it's the best coverage I've ever seen that still looks like skin. The pressed base can get pretty pricey if you rely on it for all over evening and coverage every day. This product applied underneath evens out skin tone but in a natural way so you can apply lighter layers of powder for sun protection and targeted coverage. To apply it I use a flocked sponge that I dampen with a pump of the pommist spray or distilled water, add a pump or two (depends on desired coverage) and dab it on my forehead, cheeks and chin. It's kind of wet at first and seems thin yet chunky but then I just lightly sweep the sponge across my face blending outward and it fuses beautifully. I was shown this by a rep and it works so much better than even a brush. I then use a beauty blender to spot treat areas of concern with pressed base an then finish by sweeping a layer of base all over. I can cover anything with this combo usually without a concealer and I have pretty mottled skin with quite a bit of scarring. The price is outrageous as is all jane iredale. The packaging is as good as it could be. I appreciate the airless pump but for $57 CAD it could contain more product. That said its a staple for me and I will still totally repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by ChristineKhamp

The packaging of this product is awesome, very interesting when you first look at it. The beads are formatted in a spiral vertex, very fancy looking. The pump works very good. HOWEVER, this product is terrible. The coverage is weak, for a foundation it acts more like a MILD tinted moisturizer, that you need a ton of to even get the moisturizing effect. It's staying power does not exist if your have oily/ combination skin.
I beg you to save your money or purchase her powder's instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by adr75050

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at my dermatologist office. Never right reviews but this stuff is expensive and if it saves someone else some money then great! the reviews I read seemed positive so I was excited to try this. But it leaves an oily shine throughout my t-zone even with a primer. I also use the Jane iredale amazing base to set it and knock out shine. I had to regularly keep applying powder and an hour later I was all dewy and shiny again. I prefer the matte look and this definitely is not matte. its very moist feeling and dewy. They claim it feels like a 2nd skin, I think it felt sticky and moist. I couldnt stand it. I also have roseaca and I am very fair. I was able to match my color easily but the foundation is light and does not cover my red cheeks. They recommend using the amazing base for increased coverage but I was still red in the cheeks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by amandaleejones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all...you have to apply this product correctly and in correlation with the JI PRESSED BASE.
When i first put it on, i thought the same thing as a lot of other reviewers...not easily blendable, not a huge amount of coverage, etc. But if you apply it with a good brush (i use a "powder" brush from E.L.F. fat bristles, flat head - http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/tools/single-brushes/powder_brush) and it works well. It's a lot more blendable than using your fingers. I find it a little on the light coverage side by itself, but when i put my PRESSED BASE on overtop, i literally get a flawless HD complexion! Better than i've had with any other foundation or powder and i've tried A LOT! Even the MUFE HD Foundation everyone likes.
So put it on properly, right after moisturizer, and finish with pressed base and you'll be flawless.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No