Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals

3.5

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Water/Eau/Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Algae, Sodium Hyaluronate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Squalane, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Boron Nitride, Stearic Acid. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

I have very acne-prone skin and am always looking for a foundation that doesn't clog my pores. Since powder mineral foundations don't look good on my skin (dehydrated with visible pores) I wanted to try a liquid one and this foundation has good ingredients so I was hopeful it would work for me.

Unfortunately, as makeup, this foundation is horrible on me. It looks and feels like a really cakey physical filter sunscreen while at the same time not giving much coverage. It sinks into my pores making them more visible. Itl also doesn't work well with other products like concealer and powder because it is very sticky. It might work better on someone with a drier skin that needs little coverage. I can't really say whether it clogs my pores as I haven't used it for several days in a row, I bring it back up every now and then but I'm always disappointed.

I had my face done at a salon recently for a formal event and my makeup artist had a great touch and I liked the look she did on my face but I didn't care for the Jane Iredale products she used at all. Minerals/natural/organic etc is not a priority for me for my cosmetics (ethical products sure but I don't have an issue with chemicals in general). The colour she picked (I didn't ask which shade) was a great match with nice coverage on my adult acne, but I had my makeup done at 2pm, wedding was at 7pm, home before midnight, and started noticing that my makeup just wasn't lasting at about 9:30 or 10? I wouldn't go out of my way to buy Jane Iredale (I did buy a lip gloss so I could touch up my lips as the evening went on), it wasn't right for me but might be a great fit for somebody who prioritizes mineral and has a skin type that is well suited to it. A pass for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, I guess I had no business even trying this because I am an oily skin gal, but at the advice of the JI salesperson, I bought it. I am oily...this product does NOT make a happy couple with oily skin! It is very moisturizing, even though it may "feel" like it dries down matte immediately after application. Do not be fooled, it is not.
Mattifying at all. Within 2 hours, my t-zone was like an oil slick! This product is for dry skin. My Mom loves it. She has dry skin. I do not like it as it makes my oily skin even oilier! Not to mention there is NO coverage. It is so sheer it's like putting nothing on your skin. Will not repurchase :(

I discovered this product line several years ago after a spa I worked at became a distributer for the line. I fell in love with it right away. My skin is oily/acne prone and so far this is the only product line that does not aggravate those issues.
Today I decided to purchase the liquid minerals and give it a try. At first I was a little unsure about it. It is definitely not like other liquid foundations that I have tried. But I was pleasantly surprised. It covers amazingly (I have an active breakout right now,as well as scaring, no concealer required), feels amazing on and you can layer it in areas where you need more coverage without it looking caked on. I finished it off with the pressed mineral powder and spritz of the pomegranate mist. My face is flawless :)
The only downside is the price but the greatness makes up for it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I wanted to love this but it made my skin look ashy after application. I bought this product online after reading the discription of the shades. All the darker shades are described as being suitable for dark skin with yellow undertones but they just looked ashy. I am nc44-45 for reference (dark with yellow undertones) and bought the coffee and maple shades, which looked ashy against my skin. They only looked decent if they were applied over my tarte cc primer but the foundation is supposed to work alone. I then got a sample terra, which is the next shade up and it was too dark for my skin. I don't want to waste these foundations and I will use them over my cc primer but I won't repurchase .

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this... I love the ingredients (all natural) but it is nit the best. The coverage is too light for my taste but more importantly it has no staying power. It slides right off my skin if I give someone a hug and I'm not really oily or anything, but after a few hours it's gone. Too bad. Still sticking to the chemical filled foundations for now.

Well bought two bottles in radient.Dont like it not really a foundation more of a skin treatment.Going back to ardency inn.

Love this liquid foundation!
Glides on like a dream- it has hyaluronic in it- so great for smoothing and aging skin!
It is expensive but worth the money!

beautiful packaging, and great color selection. But on my face it just didn`t look good, or natural. I have `Bisque`. It has light coverage, that is usually great for me as I have really good skin. When I put this on, my skin looks worse. I am using the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer now, and omg, that looks so freakin pretty and so freakin natural (sorry), wow, I will just stick to that for my little coverage. :-)

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I adore this foundation - but would only recommend for those who have really dry skin. I would also recommend that those in the UK order some samples from mineralbeauty.co.uk first - as their samples are cheap and will save you a substantial mistake. I was once told by a Beauty Consultant that I had a warm skin tone and so was happily ordering this foundation in "Golden Glow". I liked how it felt like I had no make up on, but if I were to be picky, it could appear a tinge yellow in some lights.

I decided to order some samples to check I had the right colour and tried "radiant" which is a neutral shade, and low and behold my nearest and dearest started asking me why I was glowing and (dare I say) radiant! I love this foundation even more now. It is worth every penny of the pricey-price; and when I have veered off and tried something else, before long I do a sharp U-turn and return to JI as nothing compares. It is worth adding that I have one of those nightmare skins that tends to be red, dry and flakey and throws a hissy fit at just about everything I apply to it. It has taken me years, alot of reseach and many mistaken purchases to find my winning combination of products, and this bad boy is here to stay!

To those who are not fans, I would recommend trying the pressed powder or Amazing Base. This is my HG foundation!