October 24, 2014 | 1769 users online

Makeup Brushes - Trish McEvoy - Trish McEvoy Brush #11

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great brush if you use it correctly, which can take some practice. Tip your head up, look down, and hold the brush (loaded with shadow) parallel to your nose, and and press onto your lid. Try it with dry shadow first until you get the hang of it. I have round, deep-set eyes, too, and find that I can reach the inner corners with ease.

I think that people who find the brush difficult to use are not using the correct technique. If you try to use it by holding the brush perpendicular to your face the brush will feel overly stiff and not deposit powder correctly.

I have had this brush (and #33) for nearly 15 years of nearly daily use, and it's no worse for the wear. I use #33 for my lower lid or my brows. There are few brushes on the market that have the same durability.

Use #11 properly and it will be your go-to brush for lining your eyes perfectly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this brush. I love my Bobbi Brown gel liners, but I've been on the hunt for the perfect brush. Based on great reviews everywhere, I thought this was the brush. It does provide a thin line, and good control. However, even using a very gentle "press and wiggle" method, this brush HURTS. I was surprised because when you test it on your hand, you would never think this would feel so scratchy against your eye lid. If you want to get this brush, get it from a source where you can return without too much of a hassle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone back and forth with this brush, because I'm always trying new things. But I have to say that in the end I always pull this brush out of the drawer and use it for eyelining with either powder or gel eyeliners. It's fantastic with gel eyeliner because I can get that thin upper line which I prefer for my eye shape. Just dip it into your gel pot, blot lightly and press against that upper area. Far superior to the BB gel eyeliner brush they recommend using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Great stiff brush for gel/cake eyeliner application (especially tightlining) or shadow app. at the base of lashes. Not too stiff though. Got mine a long time ago, and it has lasted well.

CONS: No cover for brush.

ALTERNATES: If you need a softer/pointed brush for cake eyeliner app., try Laura Mercier "Pointed Eyeliner Brush." For a brush like this that is cheaper and is a little bit more stiff, try Sephora's Professional Flat Eyeliner Brush #16.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This brush spawned a lot of imitators. Made for eye lining, this is a real winner for me. I have a large collection of eye shadows and don't always want to try and find a matching pencil liner to use with them. With this brush I can use the same powder shadow color to line with as I use on my lid or crease. Trish's brushes are always of excellent quality and really help me with m/u application. Having the right brush for the job really has made a huge difference for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by shells08

This brush has been sitting in my brush roll for years...unused. it's stiff and prickly, thick and wide, scratchy and just not a fave brush to me. i find it too thick and wide for eyeliner (besides the fact that it hurts). i don't really remember why i bought this to begin with!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Ruth120

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this brush for over ten years - has held up wonderfully. I use it to apply brow powder - you can get a precise line and fill brows too with it - then I mute it all with an old dry clean mascara brush with a dab of hair wax on it.

The brush was meant for liner - but I also find it good for applying a bit of shadow near the lid if you hold it flat. I also bought the definer liner, but it's rather dark for everyday use. I think it'll last til the year 2050.

The brush is white, so you can see when it's clean again after washing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by aizen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had this brush for a long time ummmm....
I hate this brush. it's very hard ,almost abusing my eye lid!!
but,I I found this brush is so good for paint for small part of wall
which the paint is off.so I am using this brush for re-paint .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this liner brush with McEvoy's Finish Line powder-to-liquid converter (which is quite possibly a tiny bottle of water with a $22 price tag--not recommended) and, while it works decently I found it to be too wide for my taste. The bristle stiffness is good and I like that it's white so you can see the amount of residue on the brush, but it just isn't my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am new to the concept of tightlining but this brush makes it easy even for clumsy me. I did not specficially purchase the #11 brush; instead, it came with a set of brushes DH bought me for Christmas 2004. It sat basically unused until about six months ago when I started using it to tightline my top lashline with MAC Blacktrack Fluidliner. I don't find this brush to be too "pokey" at all -- I use the press-and-wiggle technique and don't get any eye irritation. It has held up well to everyday washing and the white color means it is easy to see whether it is clean. I do agree with other reviewers that every makeup brush line has a brush like this, but I am happy with my #11 and would repurchase if broken or lost.