October 26, 2014 | 940 users online

Shampoo - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Shampoo with Honey

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't the worst shampoo I've ever tried, but it's in the top 5. It is very thick and gooey. I poured out my usual dime sized amount and discovered that it wouldn't lather in my hair, so I have to use twice as much shampoo as normal actually create suds (no, I don't have hard water, because other shampoos work). It also makes my fine hair flat and causes break outs on my forehead. Luckily, I didn't spend any money on this product; it was given to me by a friend. After I've used up the bottle, I do not plan to buy anymroe.

Update 6/20/09: OK, so I did discover one nice benefit of this shampoo. Over the long term, it lightened my medium brown hair, giving me lots of lovely blond highlights. I know it must be the shampoo because I'm not an outdoorsy type of person who gets lots of sun.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by fqari84

I have an oily/sensitive scalp that breaks out into a rash with most shampoos, so I tend to gravitate towards baby shampoos...I tried the honey shampoo, while it smells lovely and did not break me out, it gave me an oily scalp!!! this is the only J&J baby shampoo range that I cannot use, I'm not too fond of the pink one with conditioner either, while the original one in the yellow bottle suits me just fine. I found my perfect daily shampoo with 'J&J baby shampoo with wheatgerm'...made my hair feel thicker and more voluminous while being oh-so-gentle on my scalp...this wheatgerm shampoo is yet ANOTHER hard to find product only sold in a few Asian countries...grrrrrrrr....ANOTHER product I had to stock up on to take with me to the Middle East. My suitcase was so packed with bottles of shower creams and shampoos that I was afraid I couldn't get past the airport checkpoints...lol

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Cammy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is just OK for me. It smells good, but is way too thin and runny for my 3b/c hair. I've been using it as a cheap bodywash untill it runs out. It's a great bodywash in case you don't like it as a shampoo lol!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cedward

I really liked it at first. It was a nice change from Garnier's silicone laden Fructis line I was using that made me want to switch to something gentle. But after a few weeks my hair was dry, FRIZZY, unmanageable and tangled so easily. The very last time I used it, it went into tangle-free hair, and I ended up with a huge mess of knots at the very top of my head. I could hardly believe it. I like the unique smell. It cleans well. That's it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

The right hair type can really benefit from this -- my sister, who itches her scalp constantly (she's 13) loves this because it doesn't irritate her. This, however, made my hair gross and weird. I have oily roots with dry ends (fabulous combo) and I ran out of the ONLY shampoo I love (L'Occitane Olive Daily) so I used hers in the shower. Bad, bad choice. Should've used a clarifier. This made my roots frizz out like no other, and my hair felt crunchy, like pieces of it were broken and flyaway. I generally have pretty nice hair and people definitely noticed that something was wrong with it. I'm very picky about my hair products and this just was not a good fit. I repurchased the one I like and will not use this ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cocoliso

i wanted to like this, but it left my hair flat and "clumpy" if that makes sense. i've used baby shampoo without a problem before, and was excited to try one with honey for its moisturizing properties, but i felt like this never rinsed out right and made my hair stick together and stick to my head. it didn't dry my hair out or else i would have given it 1 lippie, but i won't be getting this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2006 6:17:00 PM More reviews by tropical___pinkk

Eeeek I love this stuff! My other shampoo I reviewed was John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Moisturizing Shampoo (good gosh that's a long name) and this stuff is DEFINITELY superior!

First off, my hair is always changing it seems. A year ago, I was positive my hair needed to be shampooed everyday; I'd use a huge glob of very drying (get your hair super squeaky clean) shampoo. Then however, months later, my hair experienced dryness and breakage! (I wonder why. *coughs*) So, I decided to overload my hair with moisturizing shampoos and heavy conditioners.

NOW that I have, over a year, have greatly improved my shampoo & conditioner choices, and kept my hair healthy, my hair is FINALLY at it's "equilibrium". (!!) I am very happy to say that I know what products work well with my hair. This shampoo is great: it doesn't have a 20 page list of ingredients that- when I try to pronounce- sound like I'm speaking another language. It also has honey and vitamin E in it, and I just love how I'm not stripping my hair!

The bottle some-what sucks, but who cares? It's the product I'm reviewing here. You get SO much for your money's worth. At Kroger (with my plus-card) I got two bottles of this for $5! I felt like a savvy shopper.

This is so great, and my hair has only gotten better since I've used it! I don't think it's weird how my hair feels so much softer and healtheir since I've bought this (and no, the only thing I changed in my hair-routine was my shampoo).

To sum it up, I love this stuff. Very cheap, gentle, and I am thankful for MUA so I could experience this shampoo. Go and buy it! I will once I run out (which won't be for a while). continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2006 2:39:00 PM More reviews by heyjenb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is nice stuff, bought it based on reviews here. I decided to try and eliminate hair products with gigantic lists of ingredients, trying to treat my hair gently these days. I have been using Jason and Aubrey Organics shampoos, but the natural stuff is costly (and some argue these kinds of products are not as "natural" as they claim.) The baby shampoo is not "natural" but it has a short list of ingredients, and no SLS. I find it's comparable to the natural stuff I've used, leaves hair soft without buildup, not a lot of lather, smells nice. The only reason to buy this and not some $$$health food store brand is that is costs about three bucks ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2006 6:18:00 AM More reviews by ingad

nothing special at all and contains chemicals...ok it is cheap, but there are more fantastic cheap and good brands!!!
I started using JASON JOJOBA SHAMPOO and i highly recommend for somebody, who wants fantastic results.I tried many products starting from expensive brands Rusk, Abba,KMS, Kerastase,Clinique finishing natural brands like Weleda.
I have baby thin, wawy oily hair with dry ends.
i use Jojoba's shampoo and results are better compare with Kerastase even and way better compare with Johnson&Johnson ...and even without conditioning my hair is moisturised, shine, very very soft and full of body.
My husband has dry hair and the shampoo is the best as well!!!!
highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 3:26:00 PM More reviews by xtinaxtina

I bought this based on the reviews here & I was not disappointed! It took me a while to find it, it was not on the shampoo aisle anywhere. Then I found it on the baby aisle at the grocery store! Great big bottle, about $3.50. Leaves my hair clean but not stripped & very soft, shiny, no need to use a conditioner. I've been using it less than a week so I'll update if my feelings change, but right now I think this is a great, cheap product. 12/2/05 UPDATE Is this what's making my hair so limp? I'll go off it for a while & then try again...