November 21, 2014 | 1068 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Professionnel Serie Expert - Intense Repair Masque

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by reveriex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I have had really damaged hair from bleach lately. I also have curly hair (yipes!).. So my review of this product is that it's not the best, and it is certainly not the worst I've used. I don't like the fact that it has glycerine in it. Admittedly, that's a personal preference. From what I've read about glycerine, it's a cheap moisturizing ingredient but it pulls moisture out of the inner part of the hair shaft and leaves it closer to the surface. It doesn't impart moisture, if that makes sense. It's hard to find conditioning products without glycerine in them, but those I have found seem to be very focused on prime ingredients and they work really well. Alterna has one or two without glycerine and Kenra has a few as well. There used to be a line at whole foods with an amazing conditioner but they don't carry it anymore..

Compared to my all-time favorite HG Kenra conditioner (that has recently been reformulated so I'm not sure it's as good as it used to be), this conditioner doesn't hold a candle to the Kenra. But it certainly is better than a lot out there. Those looking for a lot of moisture, I recommend you look at Kenra products.. I've tried everything out there - organic lines, salon lines, etc. Alterna, Kerastase, Ojon, Crede, Kevin Murphy, L'Oreal professional, Phyto, Aveda, Leonor Greyl, Carol's Daughter.. a lot, basically..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

I wrote another review on the Absolute Repair masque as I have used them both interchangeably and I love them! They brought my hair back to life after a few hair fiascos and I have been using them for over 8 years now, once a week. LOVE LOVE LOVE! As for the packaging, it allows you to use every last drop! I don't mind the tub and actually prefer it to the tubes or bottles. A little goes a long way, use it on towel-dried hair as it will be absorbed better, and you don't need to put it on the roots. Rinse it out really well otherwise it can weigh hair down, but so can any product that is used incorrectly. For anyone who bleaches their hair, this is THE HG of all conditioners!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by TheBeautyStart

This is my new love - L'oreal professional! Oh God I have no idea why I was so hesitant to buy this product at first... If you have dry, damaged or porous hair - don't panic! Just try Loreal! Loreal professional intense repair is for dry hair. For very dry and damaged they also carry loreal Absolute Repair Line: http://www.fashionandbeautystore.com/loreal.html which is great as well.
I use this mask and also I have purchased Loreal powerdose treatment for dry and damaged hair and let me tell you - wow, this is a miracle product! After just couple of uses Loreal left my hair silky and shiny, detangled and looking so much healthier!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just began using this product, but I've already noticed a difference in the overall health of my hair. I was suffering from dry, damaged hair (some breakage) due to too many chemicals used in a short period of time (bad dye job, toners, corrective color). I was recommended this product by a beautician during a consultation. She said this particular product would provide both hydration and moisture. I went to my local Harmon store and purchase it there (saved a few bucks). I knew the price was a bit steep, but was desperate to revive my hair. This product definitely did it! I did not weigh my hair down at all, and I actually saw shine in it! Do not need to use a lot of product to get results either. I guess you get what you pay for. I've tried tooo many conditioners/masques to mention, but this one is THE BEST! (no complaint about the container-it makes it easier to get the last little bit out when it's almost empty)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by camilka

UPDATE: This definitely fades color if you dye your hair. I dyed my hair 9 months ago ( a sunny vacation bleached my hair and I dyed it darker to match my roots) and the dyed part of my hair is back to it's original color. I take one lippie off for this. Still happy with the moisturizing effects though.

UPDATE 2: Ive used this for over three months now together with the shampoo and the 500ml has lasted me a long time, I still have 1/4 left. It has changed my hair. Before I started using this my hair was always flat and dull. A few hours after blow drying it went back to its boring self. Now I dont blow dry. If I wash my hair before going to bed it looks great in the morning. I have volume now. This is the first time I've used a high end hair mask and shampoo for an extended period so I can't compare it to others (except for Matrix shmapoos which all suck). I don't thing it would work as well without the intense repair shampoo. Only downside: Hair gets greasy 2nd day.
.........................................................................................

I will never use anything other than this again (except for Dr Hauschka Neem Hair Oil now and then). I cannot stop looking at my hair in the mirror. I have to touch it all the time. For the first time my hair is shiny.
I have thin, dry hair that lays flat on my head. I've tried most shampoos and conditioners out there. Moisturizing, volumizing etc. They just don't work.
After reading good reviews here I decided to try the Intense repair shampoo and masque.
The first time I used this I had tons of product in my hair like root lifter mousse, shine spray, hair spray and shine serum. It was very dirty, I hadn't washed it for three days.
I used 1,5 pumps of shampoo (the 500ml bottle). Then I towel dried my hair and used a tiny amount of the masque. About a third of the amount I usually need when using drugstore masques, I could feel this was enough for my hair. After 3 minutes i rinsed, and you know that feeling when you think there's product left in your hair and you keep rinsing even though there's none left? That's what happened. My hair felt too smooth and thick.
I let my hair dry on its own. It has shine, volume, is smooth and I just love love love it. My haircut finally shows, the layered ends come out very nicely.
Hair smells clean, but not melon like the product itself does (which is good cause I don't like the artificial melon smell).
I didn't realize how dry my hair was until I used this masque. I'm so happy I tried it. Well worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by gerdavv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This treatment is so nice.... It will make your hair frizz free!
I use it on the days when i blowdry my hair and it makes it so soft that you do not have to use a straightner!
I still want to try absolut repair and masquintense, but so far for me this Intense repair is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by MissCandyThief

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG!! this product literally saved my hair. Before using the masque my hair was drier than usual, i had split ends and my hair was just feeling dull even though i dont colour it but i think it might have been because of the sun. I really love the scent which is good because i don't like putting things in my hair that don't smell good. I live in Australia and it costs $30.50 for 200ml. This is the first hair product that i put in my hair/makeup bag when I'm travelling. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by cswkoko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

At the beginning i havent noticed a big difference. I would give it 4 stars, After a few weeks of using this masque I noticed that I forgot about my old problem - loosing lots of hair. Hair was on the barthroom floor, on my clothes, on my pillow. I thought it was normal amount of hair every person loose but after using this masque I realised that it was abnormal. I do not loose my hair anymore in such amount and I have also noticed a lot of new strands of hair. which makes my hair more fuller and lush. I recommend this product to anyone who is loosing their hair. GREAT PRODUCT!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I rebonded my hair with a hairdresser that I had never tried before--I was lured in by the sale--which was a terible mistake. After he finished straightening my hair, I had to cut a good portion of it off because it was so fried. The remaining hair was completely fried, dry as straw. After a few days, I went to a hairdresser that I had been to a few times before to seek help. She recommended this product to me, and after the first treatment, I was amazed. I went into the shop with dry straw, and I came out with hair. I came back for a few more treatments, and ended up buying my own tub. In one month, my hair is healthy and managable once again. I live in Thailand and it only costs 3 u.s. dollars for me to get my hair washed and styled by professionals, so I am not sure about how difficult it is to wash out of the hair itself, but the results are excellent. I have my hairdresser put it on my hair and leave it for about 10-20 minutes, depending on how much time I have, and then rinse. Afterwards, she blow dries and styles my hair for me, and it looks great. My hair is shiny and smooth, without any unwanted fullness or frizz. I swear by this mask, it has saved my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by jnjules

GREAT STUFF. I have heavily foiled hair (blonde) & this makes a big difference in the condition of it. I sometimes use it just as a regular conditioner b/c I don't find it super heavy. I hate the jar, though b/c I hate having to mess around w/opening it while I'm in the shower. It has a little bit of protein in it (wheat) but it is toward the bottom of the ingredient list. The small amount doesn't seem to bother my hair at all (my hair is extremely protein sensitive). It's funny b/c the Absolut Repair mask has no protein listed on the label but that one is supposed to be more repairative for the hair (my hair likes the Intense Repair better than that one). Intense Repair leaves the hair super silky soft & moisturized. Just as good-if not better-than Kerastasse Masque Intense & WAAYYY better priced.