October 24, 2014 | 1188 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Evening Primrose Overnight Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by apatel17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this product, i've had one tub for the past couple of years and whenever my skin gets reallyyyyy bad, I use it to fix the dry patches.

Things to remember:
-only use it at night
-use a very thin layer (though its hard to because the product is so goopy)

It makes my skin all soft in the morning :) I tried it as a lip treatment and I took it off immediately because it just felt gross but I also use it as an eye cream and it works pretty nicely then too

Only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I get the same glowing skin effect the next day if I use a serum on my skin and then put vaseline over it at night

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by NewMagneticWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As with many of the other positive reviews on this product, I will need to start this off with a disclaimer: this is made for people with extremely dry skin. It is serious stuff. It is thick, it is heavy, and it contains beeswax, which leaves a heavy waxy, oily residue on your face. That residue is a deal breaker for most people, and I get that, but it's also essential to how this product works. The beeswax residue forms a barrier on top of the skin and it gives the product many more hours to sink in and work it's magic. It's a lot like that old trick of covering your feet in lotion, then sleeping in socks. Same concept. This stuff gets sealed in. Sure, wearing oil and wax on your face is a little weird and uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it. And for me, wearing an oily cream on my face every night while I sleep is still way better than waking up with uncomfortable, flaky dry patches. It's totally worth it for the results.

And speaking of results: this stuff is incredible. Like a secret weapon. I've been using it for years (off and on, but I'm still on my first pot!) and every morning, I'm always pleasantly surprised to find my face clean, soft, moisturized, and bright. I don't even like to wash my face if I can avoid it, because I don't want to wash off the traces left over from the night before. It's that good. As for application, I spread a thin layer of this stuff over my face at night, concentrating on the driest areas, waiting for the product to warm up on my face, and then spread outward. It works great as an eye cream if you don't want to use it all over your face, and sometimes I use it as a lip balm when my usual tubes are out of reach. This stuff is also great as a cuticle cream, and also as a spot treatment for elbows or knees, or other dry patches.

One of my favorite uses for this, though, and I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, is as a hair treatment for dry, brittle ends. My hair is untreated but quite long, almost to my waist, and my ends are typically pretty dry. I've used dozens of oils and conditioners, but absolutely nothing works better than this to keep my ends soft and supple. I rub a tiny bit of cream between my fingers, then rub that pea-sized amount into my ends before I go to sleep. In the morning, my ends are soft, supple, and lay flat without catching on each other. It's an incredible difference. And, believe it or not, so much of this stuff gets absorbed into the hair, I don't even need to wash it out in the morning. With my hair this long, I wouldn't ever want to go without it.

Overall, this is one of those top-five, desert island products for me. I'd be totally lost if I were suddenly unable to find it, which is actually a big problem, since it looks like Burt's Bees might have discontinued it. For now, I'll probably stock up through drugstore.com and hope the natural oils don't go bad by the time I need them. Sigh. Hopefully someone at Burt's Bees will see this, and the other reviews left by those with dry skin problems, and reconsider.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

This is such a nice idea in theory - a rich beeswax/oil moisturizer - nice ingredients ... HOWEVER it really kind of sucks. It leaves skin super greasy and oily looking yes - but worst is how sticky my skin feels after! EXTREMELY hard to apply - others say "warm" the cream between fingers to melt it but it doesn't even melt that easily! It just kind of rolls around in your hand/ fingers like play dough. Smell does leave something to be desired but that's the least of this cream's problems. Company needs to redo/revise this formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by lwjubeck

I have difficult/sensitive acne-prone skin and use retin-A at night, which tends to dry my skin out. SO I started using BB's evening primrose night creme. This has taken care of any dryness associated with the retinol, while also giving my skin a healthy glow.

Love this stuff; while it is rather greasy-feeling it doesn't make me break out and it smells lovely. One of my all-time favorite skincare products. One complaint: I can't seem to find it anywhere in stores and have to order it online...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this I used it for all over my face and HATED it because I felt like I was spreading bacon lard all over. It didn't make me break out, but I hated the greasy feel on my skin before I went to bed. If you do try this, using a little goes a long way. I only use this for my eye area or where I feel my face feels really dry due to excema/sensitive skin. When I wake up my undereyes and dry skin are perfectly moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, this product is greasy as can be, just like putting crisco on your face. However, it makes my dry, sensitive skin soft by morning. I would never use this during the day but at night it really does get rid of the flakiness and I wake up with soft skin. I have looked for a good heavy duty moisturizer for winter skin and I think this might do the trick. Amazingly, although it is quite greasy and thick, I have not had any problem with breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The smell doesn't get to me at all. In fact, I can barely smell anything. Oh well!

I like this overnight moisturizer. I don't know if it's going to become my permanent moisturizer, but I like this product. When I put the moisturizer on before going to bed, my face feels a bit oily, but my face is ridiculously soft by the time I wake up in the morning! I haven't had any breakouts either.

I took some advice from the reviews I've read and used this as an eye cream and a lip balm. It's a good eye cream, and it's a good lip balm.

And yes, the moisturizer is a fantastic lip plumper! I personally don't believe that my lips need plumping, but I had to try it out. My lips were very plump after wearing it for 5 minutes. It did kind of leave my lips too tender and sore though (that's probably because I don't have thin lips). I won't use this as a plumper anymore, but if you need a lip plumper, then try this out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yuck. I have to agree with the other reviewers who said the smell is horrible. I am not usually sensitive to scents in skin products but this stuff has a really weird smell. I could (maybe) get past the smell if the product produced good results but it was a greasy, mealy consistency and I didn't much skin improvement. I cannot recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by kanz3nx

I use this as an eye cream at night, and the results are amazing. My skin is so soft, and my makeup goes on better, too. I haven't tried this on my lips, but I definitely will try it now.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by hanulka

First of all - the smell is horrible. I really like most of the Burts Bees products Ive tried, but this one... I hoped this could be a great lip balm, but I dont see any special result. And have you ever tasted it? Im afraid to lick my lips, that taste is awful. Ill try it on my under eye area, maybe it will be useful.