July 25, 2014 | 1921 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lollypops

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has helped with my adult acne (along with a slew of other productsc see below.)
If you use benzoyl peroxide this will definitely relieve the dry skin flake problem.
Plus, the bottle lasts a good 3-4 months. sweet!

There is a slight stingy feeling with this product (sometimes more than others). It helps to wait 10 minutes or so to apply it after the shower to avoid the sting.

I'll preface my regime with this comment: I usually only want to put organic natural stuff on my skin, but after 2 years of skin agony I found products that work for me. I wish they were all natural, but I'd rather have clear skin.

Here's what I do in the morning and night: (in order of application, wait roughly 5-7 minutes between products)

Wash: Topix Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Wash 8 oz bottle: $14.45 - lasted 5 months!

Exfoliates: Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10 percent Glycolic AHA -- 6 fl oz Anti-Wrinkle: $10.35 - lasts for 4-5 months

Epionce Lytic Tx :$54 (expensive, but compared to what i was 'trying' that wasn't working, worth it.) - WAIT 7 minutes before applying next product. (i am now on my 2nd tube)

La Roche-Posay Dual Action Acne Treatment: $36.95
- lasts for about 1.5-2 months.

presription Clindamycin: $15 (one tube lasts about 2 months)
(i did this for 6 months, i just stopped this because my skin is pretty much free of pimples and i don't want to get the resistant bacteria.)
Hopefully the other products will work on there own.

Moisturizer:
night: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, 12-Ounce Bottle: $10.94
day: Olay Complete All Day UV SPF 15 Moisturizer, Sensitive Skin

- Today I just made my first batch of Vitamin C Serum and yesterday i started using MSM cream. (now that the zits seem to be chilling out, i'm working on removing scars and pigmentation.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by wishesonastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. The packaging definitely fools you for a bit. I saw it at Walgreens for $13.99 and it reminded me of a product from my grandma's stash. I think it's safe to say they haven't invested any money into their packaging. But who cares!? it Works!!

I read about it on acne.org after having a horrible bout of acne. If you have acne issues I *highly* recommend heading over to that site and reading up on his (Dan - the founder) regimen and technique. You definitely don't have to buy his products for it to work, I've used my own and have seen MIRACLES on on my skin!

Back to the product.. I've been using it for a little over a week and it has definitely lightened up my scars from past acne and has evened out my overall skin tone. It it definitely drying so be careful not to use close your lips and eyes! If you already have a clear complexion (lucky duck), and just need to freshen up your skin, after washing face apply a layer of this lotion. I wouldn't rub it in, just lightly spread it over your clean skin. If you fighting acne (like me!) apply benzoyl peroxide to the problem area, let this dry for at least 10 mins (very important for it to work!), then apply the lotion and let dry. I do this at night and am AMAZED when I wake up! Complexion is so clear - to the point foundation was not needed.

I would like to note that it does sting a bit when it's absorbing into your skin but will go away in a few minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by sinleeangulo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I alternate my moisturizers. But every time I use this, my skin looks its best. Love this stuff. I don't know why I stray from this. I think I'll stick with this line forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by quiksilvababe

definitely dig Alpha Hydrox's stuff, always so cheap too, yes!! (if you live in NorCal, they carry this at Grocery Outlet for like $5!) Minutes after putting this on i feel my face getting tighter, which i like.
i'll report back when its 2 weeks later, ive been using the face cream which is more concentrated i assume, i like that one too.

spreads on slightly watery than most face creams, which means you can get away with using less product.
simple packaging, nothing fancy.

4 stars not 5 because it doesnt have retinol which i desire

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by AnnabellaB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hi everybody

I will update this after a few months usage!
This is my first review on any website like this. I'm really trying to get into beauty as i've just turned 26 and am looking a bit rough round the edges due to a hectic lifestyle and a tomboy attitude to cosmetics and skincare.
I have been told i have very very very dry skin. i get perioral dermatitis and my makeup oftentimes looks caked on and flaky, not good.
I bought this product off the back of a recommendation on the skin care forum. I bought it for just 10 or so off amazon.
Upon receiving the lotion, it looked rather dated, and like something that would have resided resided in my nan's bathroom.
Do not be fooled! I have been using this for maybe 5 days and my husband has already noticed a difference to the point when we woke up this morning he said "why are you looking younger everyday at the moment?"
i am using this currently in conjunction with a good old favourite tub of thick nivea moisturiser. I'm hoping to do some research and fine something more effective
The first application smarted a little, but only briefly. I have been using it morning and night after washing.It no longer tingles, my skin is the softest its ever been and the few blackheads and blemishes i had have disappeared.
My makeup (though i have swapped to mac studio fix fluid foundation and a new brush/primer) has never looked so fresh, natural and stayed put for so long. i'm beaming!
This is a product for life i think! x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I have rosacea but my skin LOVES glycolic acid. I do like this. It stings just a teeny tiny bit when I put it on but that goes away quickly. I'm also doing at-home peels (mild ones!) and they sting much worse. I would never use this during the day, my skin is way too sensitive to sunlight to do that. The texture of this lotion would not be that great under makeup either.

My skin is much smoother when I use this. Not noticing a huge reduction in wrinkles, I don't have many but I have a forehead line and my eyebrow 11s drive me crazy. Will keep this up and see how it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this whole brand, to be honest. I've used multiple products from their line and none of them have ever broken me out or really pissed off my skin.

As far as this particular lotion, I REALLY love it. I use it for my face, alternating nights. My skin is fairly used to AHAs, so I never really had to work my way up with it. It doesn't sting, though there is a faint chemical smell when I apply it, but it seems to fade over time. The texture is like a slightly watery lotion, easily spread and melts into the skin very quickly. You do have to be careful not to get it too close to your eyes, though.

I'm currently using this product in combination with Retin A Micro, alternating nights between them. For me, this functions as both a way to exfoliate the flaking I get from tretinoin use, as well as helping me to fade my PIH marks even more quickly than I would on the Retin A alone. My skin isn't completely spotless yet, but this really does speed up the fading of my marks, which I love. (However if you are on Retin A Micro, I recommend holding off on attempting this for the first few months of usage, and then going slowly just to make sure that you don't aggravate your sensitive skin!)

When I wasn't using Retin A Micro, I used this by itself to try to keep my skin clear...and it worked better than any other over the counter product I ever tried. I did still get a few pimples, but it tends to dry them up and heal them quickly, without allowing them to leave too much hyperpigmentation afterwards.

I would definitely recommend giving this line a try if you're dealing with acne, clogged pores, dry skin or hyperpigmentation. As far as cost goes, this is about as good as it gets without a trip to the doctor for a prescription. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

What it is good for:

Dry Skin
Uneven Skin
Dark Spots
Red Spots
Exfoliating Dead Skin

Con:
It can sting if you have active acne or lesions. If you have acne you can dilute this with your regular moisturizer in a 1:1 ratio and keep adjusting it until your face no longer seems to sting.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm halfway through my second bottle this year and I love it! I use it once daily on my face, neck, chest, shoulders and upper arms. It smooths and moisturizes my skin so well and has completely gotten rid of bumps on my upper arms, and cleared my acne. I have no irritation with this, and it even leaves me moisturized. For $10 at Walgreens, it's cheap enough for me to use all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by acv1106

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I only bought this a week ago, but it has already done wonders for my skin. Before using this, my skin always had dry patches no matter what I did. I've used Stridex in the red box, Paula's choice BHA, and physical exfoliation before this, and this lotion is the only thing that got rid of the dry patches. After only a week my skin feels softer and foundation goes on much smoother and much more flawlessly. The tone is already starting to improve. I first bought this anticipating the dryness that would come along, even though it is a lotion. I was pleasantly surprised that my skin actually feels softer. I don't even need to put my cerave in the tub over it for added moisture. I will update this review in a few weeks when I have used it more.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No