July 23, 2014 | 1921 users online

Shampoo - Pureology - Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by jkpesaturo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with this shampoo. I have fine hair and rarely use conditioner as it makes my hair limp. For the last year I have been using just a moisturizing shampoo (and I have tried them all from Kerastase to Redken). For the most part, I have only been impressed with Paul Mitchell's Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo - until now. This provides me with great moisture and manageability without massive amounts of volume. I would have thought that this would weigh my hair down, however, it actually provides a little lift in volume. As it long as it works, I have absolutely no problem with the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by KyrstyLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hated this shampoo! It just goes to show what works for some will NOT work for others! First off the smell is horrid. To me it smelt like herbal lavendar and black pepper. Yuckkkkkk! It had a very nice consistency and pretty purple color but whoa it made my hair feel like hay. I did not see ANY hydrating benefits period from it. Its wierd though how its so expensive and its 100% vegan yet it contains somewhat of sulfates..just because it doesnt say the most commonly use sulfates their are still pretty rough cleansing agents in it because it obvi dried out my hair! Ans it contains friekn parabans...like wayyy up on the list and also a silicone. I just dont like it at all.my hair is very thick and long and dry and frizzy ans this shampoo somehow managaes to dry my hair out and at the same time a day later its oily and weighed down. Not happy not a good buy. But thats just my opinion for MY hair type

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this shampoo (and conditioner) so badly.. I think mostly because I wanted to justify how much I spent on it, but unfortunately it was nothing amazing. It smelled great and cleaned my hair throughly, but based on the reviews I expected so much more from it. I would probably repurchase if it wasn't so expensive, but at that price, it better work miracles for me. I have been bleaching the life out of my hair for a few years now and figured it was time to invest in a good shampoo/condition but I didn't see any amazing results after nearly 3 months of using it. I am still on the hunt for a miracle shampoo that can keep up with the abuse I put my hair through!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok. So I'm pretty sure this stuff is the miracle of all miracles and I'm pissed I didn't buy this after spending $300+ on other high end products. So here's my story:

I have always had relatively healthy hair. People would always compliment me on how beautiful it was and how healthy it looked and what I would do to maintain it. I would laugh and say honestly, nothing. I used suave for my shampoo, I didn't use conditioner and I would use a blowdryer, straightener and would sometimes curl my hair. I was a hairdressers worst nightmare.

Recently however, the damage to my hair caught up. A year ago exactly, I decide to add a conditioner to the mix to keep it "healthy". It worked for awhile until about 6 months ago when my hair stopped growing as fast as it would before and looked so dry and brittle at the ends. It didn't have the body is used it, split ends were the norm and now you can tell there is some serious damage even at a far distance. I've never even dyed my hair but somehow managed to get it to the point of unrepairable.

I tried EVERYTHING to fix it. Literally I panicked. I bought coconut oil and almond oil and soaked my hair in it overnight. I washed it out and although it felt soft, my ends were still the same. I then took to a homemade recipe using egg yolks, honey, mayo, oils (you get the idea) and again, hair was OK but only until I washed it again did it look back to dry and brittle.

So then I decided to get into the products. I tried the following: L'oreal Advance Haircare Total Repair Mask, It's a ten mask & leave-in product, Bumble and Bumble hairdressers invisible oil primer, shampoo and conditioner, Aussie 3-minute leave in miracle, WEN, Kerastase nutrive bain shampoo, conditioner & elixir ultime and moroccan oil and mask. So when I say I tried everything, I literally tried so many products only to find nothing work.

I had a friend visit (who used to compliment me on my hair years ago) only to find myself doing the same to her this time around. She recommended Pureology (the purple bottle she said). It's the only thing she's ever used from what I remember and what she told me. She said she doesn't use sulfates and it helps her hair out a lot. After countless of hundreds of dollars spent I figured, another hundred probably wouldn't matter at this point so I may as well try. I purchased a liter of the shampoo and conditioner and went straight home to give it a try.

I used it, I liked the scent and the amount of product used went a very long way. I decided to try the product alone and not use any styling products afterward to see if the shampoo and conditioner actually made a difference (something I had never done before). I was literally in shock when I used it for the first time. Is this my hair? It felt like it did a year ago, HEALTHY. I was also very exhausted at the time and went straight to bed. In the morning I woke up and couldn't believe my eyes. This may seem dramatic but I literally can't believe it's the same hair. Although my split ends aren't miraculously gone, they are incredibly unnoticeable.

Sorry for the long drawn out detailed story. I am just so happy. It's been about a week now and I could not be more happy with the purchase of this product. Still haven't tried out styling products because i've seen so much success with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

Pretty disappointed in this stuff because I had such high hopes... But who wouldn't have high hopes about Pureology? The price made me believe this was going to be a dang miracle in a bottle. Nope. Just another shampoo and conditioner. Not sure if I would repurchase again.. it's a nice shampoo and conditioner, but there's a lot of nice ones out there that are half the price of this. (It's a 10, Joico, and Macadamia Natural Oil are my recent favorites.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only reason I can't give this 5 lippies is because of the price. Ugh! I love this shampoo. It made my hair feel so nice, clean and soft. There is a tea tree scent but it doesn't linger and it doesn't tingle my scalp. I will buy this again but only if it is on serious sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, what an amazing shampoo! I have fine hair, that I used to colour, now I'm letting it grow out. My ends are still highlighted blonde, so they split easily and sometimes break off.
I've been searching for years for that one shampoo that will give my hair moisture, but won't make it oily. After using Redken for over a year now, my hair got used to it, so I had to change my shampoo. I decided to try pureology, after reading a lot of good reviews. And I'm so glad I have it a try. I like the smell, because it's so herbal, I don't know why some people hate this smell. When I wash my hair, I can actually feel that it's already moisturized and soft, before it's dry. I always let my hair air dry, because I don't want to damage it anymore, and this shampoo makes my hair straight without using a blowdryer.
So for now this is my HG shampoo, I hope it will stay this way!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by EvilDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like many others have stated, this shampoo makes your hair feel very clean! A little bit of this goes a LONG way! Worth the price in that aspect. Where a normal shampoo would last maybe a month, this one will last AT LEAST 6 months. This shampoo will likely last me at least a year though. Definitely worth the price in my opinion. Many people tend to be allergic to something in this stuff, I am one of them. Though it is minor enough for me to ignore or take bendryl to help with the rashes. Love this stuff, likely won't be changing shampoos for a long time!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Tellyfry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi there. This product is fantastic, just not for me or anyone with allergic reaction to it. Leann I'm not sure if you're still part of this forum, but I, too, have head red bump rash all over neck and chest for all the years I've used pureology hydrate shampoo/conditioner. I have never had breakout issues and I'm 37yrs old. Been using pureology, also recommended by my stylist 5yrs ago, and never once attributed my red bumps on neck and chest to their product. I have been to multiple dermatologist and allergen docs and spent hundreds, perhaps near thousands, on pureology products and drs visits/prescriptions/creams. I love the hydrate line and maybe a little too much to have dealt with these breakouts, never pimples just rashy red bumps on my neck and chest and sometimes forehead. Only now have I concluded it is the pureology product that does it to me. I have found the only remedy to get rid of it, or at least subside the bumps is hydrocortisone cream on exposed area and Benadryl everyday. It is am allergic response and I'm sad to admit it, but I am officially done with their line. My advice, apply hydrocortisone cream and take Benadryl until it clears up and STOP all pureology product use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Redsilas77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hairdresser recommended this shampoo because I'm trying to grow my hair back out. Normally I never spend more than $15 on a shampoo and this was a higher end, well over $20. I absolutely hate the smell, but it goes away as the day goes on. My hairdresser told me with my hair I need to shampoo twice. So, with this shampoo I use a quarter sized amount and shampoo the scalp first, scrubbing, then rinse. I barely get any suds with the first shampoo. The second shampoo I use a bit more and scrub the entire scalp and hair - it REALLY suds up the second shampoo.

I follow with the conditioner in this line. I usually can shampoo every other day, but with this shampoo I can go for a third day if I pull my hair up or back that third day.

Over all, very pleased, would actually spend the money to buy the shampoo with the separate conditioner when I run out. I wish they could change the smell of it. I could care less about the phthylates or sulfates or whatever it is everyone else is seems to focus on.