April 16, 2014 | 1970 users online

Shampoo - Pureology - Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have searched high and low for a low/no chemical shampoo that actually works for me. You know, lathers, cleans but improves the condition of hair. Finally I found something high quality enough to stick with. This compares to kerastase in terms of quality. It actually lathers. It is moisturising. Can't recommend highly enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

I never thought I'd be spending this much on a shampoo, though I do think the price matches the quality if you see the ingredients and give it a try yourself. I may or may not be spoiled, because I can't remember feeling like my hair was dirty after a poor shampoo. I've been using this for years now and know nothing else.

Pureology's Hydrate shampoo gives my hair that lovely squeaky-clean feeling after the usual two scrubs and rinses. Like most shampoos, the suds are slow to start on the first shampoo, though the second time around gives a thick, lush lather that goes right through my thick, waist-long hair. Just dreamy!

I love how with just a quarter-sized drop of product, the lather still sort of overflows through my fingers when I'm scrubbing my scalp. I never second guess how clean my hair is after using this. For a whole day my hair is flowing, shimmering and for the most part, tangle-free. I will say that I am not crazy for the smell, which is an earthy, herb-y odor with a dab of peppermint, though it doesn't follow you after your hair has dried a while.

Followed up with the Pureology Hydrate conditioner, you can't lose with this one. Biggest downfall is the crazy-high price making you feel like cash is sucking down the drain. If my mom wasn't buying this for our house of ladies, I would most likely make myself fall out of love with it in exchange for something that wouldn't break the bank. $70 for a full-size bottle of shampoo is crazy talk! I'm much too cheap.

If you can afford it, though, don't cheat yourself with something dingy and lackluster. Definitely go for it! Splurge and indulge yourself! I can't imagine better in a shampoo. I feel like a celebrity and get so many compliments on my hair it's just a really nice time and makes me feel so much less guilty of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by jaymunjal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works fine. Pretty neutral on this shampoo. Would rather try out another shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very dry hair even though I color it seldom and concentrate only where I have grey. I always use sulfate free shampoos, and they often still leave my hair dry feeling pre-conditioning. Except this one. My hair feels so soft after shampoo alone! Girls, if you need a non-drying product than splurge on this. The formula is concentrated meaning you only need a tiny amount compared to other brands and still lathers well. The super smooth line is also great on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by bellabellabella

Ok....I cannot believe people actually like the smell of this! It smells EXACTLY like this flea shampoo my parents used to use on my dogs when I was a child. Just gross. But it really is great stuff. I can actually feel my hair is super clean after it's washed. I mostly use this on my 4 year old daughter who had crazy long hair that gets super tangly. Her hair is a dream when I use this and the matching conditioner, super shiny and soft. I will continue to purchase for her unless I find something better. The price is very high obviously.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Carson123

Best shampoo for color treated hair ever. I've been dying my hair (partial highlights) for about 10 years now. Both my colorist and stylist always comment on how healthy my hair is.
I know it's pricey, but a little goes a LONG way with this product. I have thick hair, always 3-5 inches past my shoulder and use about a quarter size or smaller. I buy the liter sizes as it's much more economical that way. I get the full liter of shampoo and conditioner from amazon for about $90. I know that sounds like a lot for shampoo and conditioner - but I just had to repurchase. I checked my account to see the last time I purchased - September 2012. Yep these liters lasted me over a year, so absolutely worth the money. (I wash my hair every 2-3 days).

This product is great for your hair and leaves it in such a wonderful condition. The last time I got my highlights done, my colorist offered me a free treatment. She advised to go with the one that makes my hair shinier and helps lock in the new color vs the hydration treatment as she said my hair was in great condition and not dry at all. Which is awesome considering I dye my hair every 8-10 weeks, blow dry, flat iron or curl a few times a week and have been sitting in this gross, dry, indoor winter weather for what seems like forever. Thanks, Pureology!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first used this product, I couldn't get over how smooth and soft my hair looked. My boyfriend even asked me what I did to my hair because it looked gorgeous. As the day went on my scalf started to become really itchy and irritated. By the end of the night, my scalp was flaking and it was unbearable. I really wanted to love this shampoo because it's sulfate free and made my hair look amazing. I must to allergy to something in product... Such a bummer. I want to try the super smooth line but I'm nervous that the same thing with happen. Sigh...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by mudra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sigh. I really wanted this to be my HG shampoo based on the smell alone. I swear that I think this is the best smelling shampoo of all time! I figured that the combination of the awesome fragrance and high price would mean that this shampoo was perfect. I finally splurged on myself with some gift money when I had an Ulta coupon...and this was terrible for my hair! I was so disappointed! It made my hair incredibly dry, even with the matching conditioner. I will say that in general the sulfate-free shampoos are really hit or miss with my hair, and this was definitely a "miss." I suppose that considering the ridiculously high price, it's just as well that this didn't work for me. But I still sniff the bottles every time I go into Ulta, just because it smells so good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG brand and my first "sulfate-free" shampoo. I started using this more than 6 months ago in preparation for coloring my hair since I knew I will sustain some damage from the dye I was about to apply. I also wanted to extend my haircolor by using something more gentle. My hair is slightly wavy, very thick with medium texture and before this, I had been using shampoos with sulfates that always seemed to leave my hair oily at the roots but dry at the ends.

Ever since using this shampoo paired with the conditioner, my (colored) hair has been at its best behavior. It's in even better condition now than when I had virgin hair but using shampoos with sulfates. What I noticed: less breakage, more shine/ body, much softer and hardly any frizz. The permanent dye on my hair has lasted about 5 months with minor fading. My hair doesn't shed as much anymore either. Best of all, my oily scalp and dry ends seemed to have normalized. With this shampoo/condtioner combo, I can go 2-3 days without having to wash my hair whereas before, I had to wash it the next day. I have tried other "sulfate-free" brands, even drugstore ones off and on since this is expensive but I keep going back to this because it's the one my hair and scalp agrees with the most. Although it's on the expensive side, a little goes a long way. I only need to apply a quarter size (sometimes less) for my scalp and massage in and let the run-off run down the length of my hair. A definite repeat buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the chance to stock up on salon hair care products at a recent Family & Friends Event and I grabbed this shampoo as I wanted to try the much touted Pureology line but without paying the high price tag.

Is it worth the money? In all honesty, I don't think so. I think there are other shampoos out there that work just as well or even better than this one and for less money.
Yes, it does leave my chemically treated hair nice and soft without stripping the colour. It doesn't irritate my scalp and it has a nice consistency.
But I can't justify spending this kind of money on something that's literally going down the drain. I'll just use up this bottle and unless there's another Family and Friends event, I won't repurchase.