Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Carbomer, Linalool, C11-15 Pareth-7, Limonene, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Laureth-9, Geraniol, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, CI 60730/Ext. Violet 2, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Citric Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Benzophenone-4, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Melanin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Rosa Centifolia Extract/Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide

on 7/9/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Where do I begin. I purchased this shampoo on a recommendation from my stylist to purchase a sulfate free shampoo to help preserve my freshly colored red hair. I did some research and a few of my friends swear by Pureology Hydrate line. I wasn't too thrilled with the smell but as long as it kept my color I would be happy. I shampoo my hair usually two to three days after I get it colored. When I used the shampoo I noticed a ton of my color in the shampoo suds, kind of odd for a sulfate free shampoo. My hair also felt coated and kind of gummy. I figured I just needed to get used to the shampoo so I dismissed it. After two weeks of using the shampoo, my scalp turned red and very itchy. I also had bumps along my hair line. Almost as if I had acne on my scalp. To rid my scalp of all of this I had to purchase Free and Clear shampoo and conditioner at Walgreens. I am not sure what ingredient in this shampoo I am sensitive to, but I don't want to risk that reaction again, so I am unfortunately staying away from anything Pureology. I would suggest to anyone who wants to try any of the Pureology lines to purchase the trial sizes before committing to the full size. I am glad I did.

on 6/27/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm sorry but I have to say this product did not agree with my hair. I have natural dark blonde and get 2 levels of highlights...very light and med light
Somehow this left a strange brassy sheen to my highlights. They almost looked reddish-orange. I originally bought the trial box, used it. Noticed the brassy so the next wash I added sterling silver shampoo and still brassy. Next I used phytargent brightening shampoo and let it set. Great highlights back to normal. Bought the full size of each. Then back to the same thing on the next wash. I thought I was going crazy so I did a test and sure enough when I use this shampoo it leaves a brassy sheen on my hair. When I don't use it my hair is fine. I am returning the shampoo to ulta and will purchase Alterna's bamboo shine shampoo. Have read good reviews of shiny hair with little or no build up. Hope it works, can't use silver shampoos for every wash, too drying:(

on 6/22/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know what to think of this. Each time I wash my hair it dries silky smooth but in the shower i can feel this is building up. I do not use styling products or even blow dry my hair at all. This is the hydrate shampoo and hydrate conditioner alone. I use about a quarter size dollop shampoo and a bit more conditioner for my mid-back length hair. (As little as i can squeeze out of the terrible bottles). I apply the shampoo to my scalp only. cold water rinses too. I apply the conditioner to lower hair only. Part of me loves this set and part of me is freaking out, why is it so weird in the shower after 3 uses? Is anyone else experiencing this strange feeling of playdough hair in the shower? I've never had to use a clarifying shampoo before..do I need to use one with this shampoo? So confused . Also my scalp feels great but I notice roots are greasy by day 2, so have to shower to fix the dirty hair look.

Does anyone recommend another sulfate- free shampoo with a "silky" hair result that does not have tons of silicones? I am suspecting the silicones are the culprit here... Ingredients list at least 2 types.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this shampoo. It keeps my hair super soft, healthy and super manageable. Also big thumbs up for not using any sulfates! But this range was too hydrating for me though. I have very fine long hair and I had to wash my hair more often.
It also claims to protect your hair color and keep it bright, but unfortunately I didn't notice very much of that. My hair is dyed red and it fades to orange as fast as if you would wash it with a drugstore shampoo. A pity.

on 4/30/2015 7:11:00 PM

I had been resisting buying this because of the steep price tag. The girl that does my nails has been telling me for a long time that this is her holy grail. Yesterday I went and got my nails done and I really looked at her hair. She's a bleached blonde and her hair looks so healthy and shiny. Mine has been feeling and looking like straw despite keeping it trimmed and it's not very long to even get damaged. I think it's a result of a medication. I ran to Ulta and bought this and the follow up conditioner. OMG! I could hardly believe my eyes when I styled it this morning. Silky, soft and so healthy looking! This is worth every penny. I'm not sure if it's the shampoo or conditioner or combo of both. But I'm a convert.

on 4/28/2015 10:49:00 PM

Pureology is a very good and quality product. However, one of the reasons why I would not purchase it is that I found a shampoo by a company called Modere that is cheaper and even better than Pureology in my opinion. It is safe and non-toxic, and it has my hair looking healthier, straighter, and growing quicker than ever. And the best part is that the price for it is only $10 for the shampoo for all type of hairs and $17 for dry/color treated hair. Plus you will automatically receive $10 off your first order, and $10 for anybody that you refer. Check it out at modere.com/573201!

on 4/19/2015 12:50:00 PM

Really Really nice shampoo. I wish it weren't so expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. This stuff was a little too hydrating for me though. I have oily hair and with this I had wash my hair more often. I would like to try more from pureology.

on 4/5/2015 7:12:00 PM

I got this shampoo because my hair stylist recommended it: initial impressions: absolutely loved it, instantly soothed my painfully dry scalp, the smell is DIVINE. Lately I've noticed an excess amount of hair fall (still normal but more than usual for me) which, while I'm almost positive is due to massive amounts of stress from a medical issue 4 months ago, I will still be switching off this shampoo for a while to see if that makes a difference (I've been using this shampoo for about 2.5 months now) as of right now I'm going to say I won't be buying this product again just because of the price - I feel like it's possible for me to find a shampoo that works for me that won't cost me $70 a bottle. Overall a nice product, just too expensive and there are some chemicals in the ingredient lists I'm not too happy about

on 3/31/2015 2:32:00 PM

I don't know what happened to my earlier review of this shampoo, but I came here to edit it and add lippies. My previously not damaged, sleek hair was too fine for this ultra moisturuzing shampoo, but now that I've trasitioned from black hair to blonde ombré with highlights, this feels great and doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

on 1/22/2015 9:14:00 PM

Ugh Pureology I love it way too much but it is so expensive. If you're looking for an indulgence or have color treated hair and you want to protect your investment this is the one you want.

Pros:
-Concentrated so you don't need to use as much as a normal shampoo
-Smells amazing, spa time in the bathtub!
-Sulfate free and great for color treated hair because it does seem to preserve color A LOT more than any other shampoo I've tried and I've had my hair dyed red. Any other shampoo that says it can protect your color is a liar ha ha.
-Not only does it actually lather which is rare for a sulfate free shampoo, it lathers a lot!
-Cleans effectively with just one wash
-No animal testing
-Bonus it's a fun light purple color

Cons:
-Pricey!

This is my fav Pureology shampoo/any shampoo ever, I've also tried the volume one but was not impressed like with this one and how is a shampoo going to make your hair more voluminous anyways?

Every now and then Ulta will have sales on the Pureology liters which is pretty much the only way I've found to get a discount and ensure it's authentic pureology. One time I tried the L'oreal sulfate free line they have at target because they are the parent company and I thought I could get basically the same product for much less, I'm going to save you the trouble that line sucks! It doesn't protect your color and dries out your hair.

FYI I have thin, color treated hair for reference