September 22, 2014 | 1033 users online

Shampoo - Pureology - Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Honeyamber1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My only complaint about this shampoo is PRICE. It is very expensive which is why I got the biggest bottle I could as cheaply as possible. However, I did purchase online and of course had no guarantee that it was authentic but I was very impressed with the results. I switched over to sulfate-free shampoos about 2 years ago and wanted to find one that was moisturizing because like sulfate shampoos had a drying effect on me and my quest began. After some research I decided to make a purchase and it has become a staple. I like the lavender color and the smell is very pleasant. It didn't leave my hair feeling stripped even though I don't do a pre-poo treatment and a little goes a long way. The consistency is thick and creamy like any other shampoo and though I'm still using the same bottle after a year and a half, the lovely color is stable and does what it's supposed to do. I found an Ulta not too far away from me and will likely repurchase soon but a smaller bottle this time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Nadyaali24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend gave me a sample of the conditioner and initially when I first used it, I loved it. I loved the smell and texture of it on my hair so I then decided to purchase the shampoo and conditioner. I am now currently using the 250ml shampoo and conditioner and near to the end of it and have noticed these products are making my hair fall quite bad compared to other conditioners and shampoos I have previously used. Every time I finish the final rinse before using the conditioner I have loads of hair in my hands. I feel this is the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I forgot how much I love this shampoo/conditioner system. I ran out of the 8oz a year ago and just didn't have the money to continue to afford it. I recently received a gift card to a place that sells it, and I immediately bought the 1 liter bottle of the shampoo and of the conditioner. It was a lot of money for both, but I wouldn't have spent that if it wasn't for the gift card. I think it was worth spending all my gift card money on these bottles. I don't understand the bad reviews??

Maybe this just doesn't work for some people or their hair just doesn't react well to it?? Maybe you're using too much? You only need to use like a quarter size for the shampoo. The smell is amazing!! I love the smell. This makes my hair feel soft and silky...it also makes my hair look healthier and shiny! I feel that it actually hydrates my long hair. I love this stuff and this is hands down my HG shampoo. The conditioner is too.

By the way: when I used this a year ago, I had color treated hair (dark brown) that was damaged from previously being blonde. Now that I'm using it, my hair is non-colored and back to it's original color (medium brown)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by kar0727

The lady at Ultra was raving about this line, and since my normal shampoo wasn't really working for me anymore, I decided to give it a try. I stuck with it for a full bottle, and I really wanted to like this one, I really did. But the truth is, I hate it. It's one of the worst products I've ever used on my hair. I would have been better off using a drug store brand. I have very dry hair from years of coloring. Even with it being dry, its the type of hair where if you look at it, the tangles fall out, so it's normally very easy to comb through. After ONE use of this stuff, it took me about twice as long to brush my hair, and once it dried (I let my hair air dry) it felt like straw. My hair has never felt that bad. Like ever. I thought that my hair maybe just needed to get used to it, so I used the whole bottle. By the end of it, still no change, so I switched to something else that at least got out the tangles. Definitely not at all worth the $24 per bottle I spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by xoxotracy

I absolutely love this shampoo and the conditioner as well! Through the recommendation of my BFF who swears by this stuff I tried it, yes at first I didn't see much of a difference but I shelled out like $140 so I was gonna use it till the end, but here I am less than a year later and I can honestly say, it has made my hair simply amazing. This isn't an overnight miracle which I'm sure we all want lol but honestly, if you give it time this stuff will improve your hair immensely!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by jkpesaturo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with this shampoo. I have fine hair and rarely use conditioner as it makes my hair limp. For the last year I have been using just a moisturizing shampoo (and I have tried them all from Kerastase to Redken). For the most part, I have only been impressed with Paul Mitchell's Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo - until now. This provides me with great moisture and manageability without massive amounts of volume. I would have thought that this would weigh my hair down, however, it actually provides a little lift in volume. As it long as it works, I have absolutely no problem with the price.

Update: I am absolutely thrilled with this Shampoo. The Hydrate Conditioner (even the light version) is just to heavy for my hair. I have started to use this with Kerestase Lait Vital which is formulated for fine hair. The results have been great!!! If you have fine hair, give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by KyrstyLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hated this shampoo! It just goes to show what works for some will NOT work for others! First off the smell is horrid. To me it smelt like herbal lavendar and black pepper. Yuckkkkkk! It had a very nice consistency and pretty purple color but whoa it made my hair feel like hay. I did not see ANY hydrating benefits period from it. Its wierd though how its so expensive and its 100% vegan yet it contains somewhat of sulfates..just because it doesnt say the most commonly use sulfates their are still pretty rough cleansing agents in it because it obvi dried out my hair! Ans it contains friekn parabans...like wayyy up on the list and also a silicone. I just dont like it at all.my hair is very thick and long and dry and frizzy ans this shampoo somehow managaes to dry my hair out and at the same time a day later its oily and weighed down. Not happy not a good buy. But thats just my opinion for MY hair type

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this shampoo (and conditioner) so badly.. I think mostly because I wanted to justify how much I spent on it, but unfortunately it was nothing amazing. It smelled great and cleaned my hair throughly, but based on the reviews I expected so much more from it. I would probably repurchase if it wasn't so expensive, but at that price, it better work miracles for me. I have been bleaching the life out of my hair for a few years now and figured it was time to invest in a good shampoo/condition but I didn't see any amazing results after nearly 3 months of using it. I am still on the hunt for a miracle shampoo that can keep up with the abuse I put my hair through!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok. So I'm pretty sure this stuff is the miracle of all miracles and I'm pissed I didn't buy this after spending $300+ on other high end products. So here's my story:

I have always had relatively healthy hair. People would always compliment me on how beautiful it was and how healthy it looked and what I would do to maintain it. I would laugh and say honestly, nothing. I used suave for my shampoo, I didn't use conditioner and I would use a blowdryer, straightener and would sometimes curl my hair. I was a hairdressers worst nightmare.

Recently however, the damage to my hair caught up. A year ago exactly, I decide to add a conditioner to the mix to keep it "healthy". It worked for awhile until about 6 months ago when my hair stopped growing as fast as it would before and looked so dry and brittle at the ends. It didn't have the body is used it, split ends were the norm and now you can tell there is some serious damage even at a far distance. I've never even dyed my hair but somehow managed to get it to the point of unrepairable.

I tried EVERYTHING to fix it. Literally I panicked. I bought coconut oil and almond oil and soaked my hair in it overnight. I washed it out and although it felt soft, my ends were still the same. I then took to a homemade recipe using egg yolks, honey, mayo, oils (you get the idea) and again, hair was OK but only until I washed it again did it look back to dry and brittle.

So then I decided to get into the products. I tried the following: L'oreal Advance Haircare Total Repair Mask, It's a ten mask & leave-in product, Bumble and Bumble hairdressers invisible oil primer, shampoo and conditioner, Aussie 3-minute leave in miracle, WEN, Kerastase nutrive bain shampoo, conditioner & elixir ultime and moroccan oil and mask. So when I say I tried everything, I literally tried so many products only to find nothing work.

I had a friend visit (who used to compliment me on my hair years ago) only to find myself doing the same to her this time around. She recommended Pureology (the purple bottle she said). It's the only thing she's ever used from what I remember and what she told me. She said she doesn't use sulfates and it helps her hair out a lot. After countless of hundreds of dollars spent I figured, another hundred probably wouldn't matter at this point so I may as well try. I purchased a liter of the shampoo and conditioner and went straight home to give it a try.

I used it, I liked the scent and the amount of product used went a very long way. I decided to try the product alone and not use any styling products afterward to see if the shampoo and conditioner actually made a difference (something I had never done before). I was literally in shock when I used it for the first time. Is this my hair? It felt like it did a year ago, HEALTHY. I was also very exhausted at the time and went straight to bed. In the morning I woke up and couldn't believe my eyes. This may seem dramatic but I literally can't believe it's the same hair. Although my split ends aren't miraculously gone, they are incredibly unnoticeable.

Sorry for the long drawn out detailed story. I am just so happy. It's been about a week now and I could not be more happy with the purchase of this product. Still haven't tried out styling products because i've seen so much success with this product.

***UPDATE*** so after my long drawn out review I started to notice my scalp have a bit of flakes in it. Fast forward a few weeks and my hair was covered in dandruff. I've never been one to get dandruff so when it came on all of a sudden I knew it had to have been the shampoo/conditioner I was using. So sad to see but my scalp must be allergic to something... Side note - after doing more research on what products to use to get the best results I found Alterna. Google it. Not going to write a review because everyone of their products boasts a number of high reviews. Also sulfate free (sense a theme here).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

Pretty disappointed in this stuff because I had such high hopes... But who wouldn't have high hopes about Pureology? The price made me believe this was going to be a dang miracle in a bottle. Nope. Just another shampoo and conditioner. Not sure if I would repurchase again.. it's a nice shampoo and conditioner, but there's a lot of nice ones out there that are half the price of this. (It's a 10, Joico, and Macadamia Natural Oil are my recent favorites.)