Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Carbomer, Linalool, C11-15 Pareth-7, Limonene, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Laureth-9, Geraniol, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, CI 60730/Ext. Violet 2, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Citric Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Benzophenone-4, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Melanin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Rosa Centifolia Extract/Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this shampoo, exclusively when possible, for about three years, and when I do wind up using other shampoos, I can tell the difference immediately. I have long, fine, wavy hair that I have always colored, so moisture is important to me. This shampoo (and its companion conditioner) leave my hair clean and then moisturized. I can comb it without tangles and it dries soft and not heavy. The shampoo has a nice, fresh smell, and my hair doesn't feel stripped after using it.

I hope it's never discontinued!

I was just recommended Pureology by my hairdresser. I bought the works, shampoo, conditioner, 21 Formula, mousse, and hairsray. IF you like heavily scented products that really don't do anything, then by all means, throw away your money. Me - I'm trying to see if my hairdresser will take this crap back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have colored hair--especially blonde then STAY AWAY from this product. I got my hair beautifully highlighted and colored 10 days ago and waited to wash it this morning. This is my first time with the shampoo and conditioner. My hair was a perfect golden blonde. However, now it is drained of color and is a MOUSEY ASH.

Seriously, there should be a warning label on this product or maybe just taken off the market. Horrible.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Where do I begin. I purchased this shampoo on a recommendation from my stylist to purchase a sulfate free shampoo to help preserve my freshly colored red hair. I did some research and a few of my friends swear by Pureology Hydrate line. I wasn't too thrilled with the smell but as long as it kept my color I would be happy. I shampoo my hair usually two to three days after I get it colored. When I used the shampoo I noticed a ton of my color in the shampoo suds, kind of odd for a sulfate free shampoo. My hair also felt coated and kind of gummy. I figured I just needed to get used to the shampoo so I dismissed it. After two weeks of using the shampoo, my scalp turned red and very itchy. I also had bumps along my hair line. Almost as if I had acne on my scalp. To rid my scalp of all of this I had to purchase Free and Clear shampoo and conditioner at Walgreens. I am not sure what ingredient in this shampoo I am sensitive to, but I don't want to risk that reaction again, so I am unfortunately staying away from anything Pureology. I would suggest to anyone who wants to try any of the Pureology lines to purchase the trial sizes before committing to the full size. I am glad I did.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm sorry but I have to say this product did not agree with my hair. I have natural dark blonde and get 2 levels of highlights...very light and med light
Somehow this left a strange brassy sheen to my highlights. They almost looked reddish-orange. I originally bought the trial box, used it. Noticed the brassy so the next wash I added sterling silver shampoo and still brassy. Next I used phytargent brightening shampoo and let it set. Great highlights back to normal. Bought the full size of each. Then back to the same thing on the next wash. I thought I was going crazy so I did a test and sure enough when I use this shampoo it leaves a brassy sheen on my hair. When I don't use it my hair is fine. I am returning the shampoo to ulta and will purchase Alterna's bamboo shine shampoo. Have read good reviews of shiny hair with little or no build up. Hope it works, can't use silver shampoos for every wash, too drying:(

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know what to think of this. Each time I wash my hair it dries silky smooth but in the shower i can feel this is building up. I do not use styling products or even blow dry my hair at all. This is the hydrate shampoo and hydrate conditioner alone. I use about a quarter size dollop shampoo and a bit more conditioner for my mid-back length hair. (As little as i can squeeze out of the terrible bottles). I apply the shampoo to my scalp only. cold water rinses too. I apply the conditioner to lower hair only. Part of me loves this set and part of me is freaking out, why is it so weird in the shower after 3 uses? Is anyone else experiencing this strange feeling of playdough hair in the shower? I've never had to use a clarifying shampoo before..do I need to use one with this shampoo? So confused . Also my scalp feels great but I notice roots are greasy by day 2, so have to shower to fix the dirty hair look.

Does anyone recommend another sulfate- free shampoo with a "silky" hair result that does not have tons of silicones? I am suspecting the silicones are the culprit here... Ingredients list at least 2 types.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this shampoo. It keeps my hair super soft, healthy and super manageable. Also big thumbs up for not using any sulfates! But this range was too hydrating for me though. I have very fine long hair and I had to wash my hair more often.
It also claims to protect your hair color and keep it bright, but unfortunately I didn't notice very much of that. My hair is dyed red and it fades to orange as fast as if you would wash it with a drugstore shampoo. A pity.

I had been resisting buying this because of the steep price tag. The girl that does my nails has been telling me for a long time that this is her holy grail. Yesterday I went and got my nails done and I really looked at her hair. She's a bleached blonde and her hair looks so healthy and shiny. Mine has been feeling and looking like straw despite keeping it trimmed and it's not very long to even get damaged. I think it's a result of a medication. I ran to Ulta and bought this and the follow up conditioner. OMG! I could hardly believe my eyes when I styled it this morning. Silky, soft and so healthy looking! This is worth every penny. I'm not sure if it's the shampoo or conditioner or combo of both. But I'm a convert.

Really Really nice shampoo. I wish it weren't so expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. This stuff was a little too hydrating for me though. I have oily hair and with this I had wash my hair more often. I would like to try more from pureology.

I got this shampoo because my hair stylist recommended it: initial impressions: absolutely loved it, instantly soothed my painfully dry scalp, the smell is DIVINE. Lately I've noticed an excess amount of hair fall (still normal but more than usual for me) which, while I'm almost positive is due to massive amounts of stress from a medical issue 4 months ago, I will still be switching off this shampoo for a while to see if that makes a difference (I've been using this shampoo for about 2.5 months now) as of right now I'm going to say I won't be buying this product again just because of the price - I feel like it's possible for me to find a shampoo that works for me that won't cost me $70 a bottle. Overall a nice product, just too expensive and there are some chemicals in the ingredient lists I'm not too happy about