Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Carbomer, Linalool, C11-15 Pareth-7, Limonene, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Laureth-9, Geraniol, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, CI 60730/Ext. Violet 2, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Citric Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Benzophenone-4, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Melanin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Rosa Centifolia Extract/Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this shampoo. It keeps my hair super soft, healthy and super manageable. Also big thumbs up for not using any sulfates! But this range was too hydrating for me though. I have very fine long hair and I had to wash my hair more often.
It also claims to protect your hair color and keep it bright, but unfortunately I didn't notice very much of that. My hair is dyed red and it fades to orange as fast as if you would wash it with a drugstore shampoo. A pity.

on 4/30/2015 7:11:00 PM

I had been resisting buying this because of the steep price tag. The girl that does my nails has been telling me for a long time that this is her holy grail. Yesterday I went and got my nails done and I really looked at her hair. She's a bleached blonde and her hair looks so healthy and shiny. Mine has been feeling and looking like straw despite keeping it trimmed and it's not very long to even get damaged. I think it's a result of a medication. I ran to Ulta and bought this and the follow up conditioner. OMG! I could hardly believe my eyes when I styled it this morning. Silky, soft and so healthy looking! This is worth every penny. I'm not sure if it's the shampoo or conditioner or combo of both. But I'm a convert.

on 4/28/2015 10:49:00 PM

Pureology is a very good and quality product. However, one of the reasons why I would not purchase it is that I found a shampoo by a company called Modere that is cheaper and even better than Pureology in my opinion. It is safe and non-toxic, and it has my hair looking healthier, straighter, and growing quicker than ever. And the best part is that the price for it is only $10 for the shampoo for all type of hairs and $17 for dry/color treated hair. Plus you will automatically receive $10 off your first order, and $10 for anybody that you refer. Check it out at modere.com/573201!

on 4/19/2015 12:50:00 PM

Really Really nice shampoo. I wish it weren't so expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. This stuff was a little too hydrating for me though. I have oily hair and with this I had wash my hair more often. I would like to try more from pureology.

on 4/5/2015 7:12:00 PM

I got this shampoo because my hair stylist recommended it: initial impressions: absolutely loved it, instantly soothed my painfully dry scalp, the smell is DIVINE. Lately I've noticed an excess amount of hair fall (still normal but more than usual for me) which, while I'm almost positive is due to massive amounts of stress from a medical issue 4 months ago, I will still be switching off this shampoo for a while to see if that makes a difference (I've been using this shampoo for about 2.5 months now) as of right now I'm going to say I won't be buying this product again just because of the price - I feel like it's possible for me to find a shampoo that works for me that won't cost me $70 a bottle. Overall a nice product, just too expensive and there are some chemicals in the ingredient lists I'm not too happy about

on 3/31/2015 2:32:00 PM

I don't know what happened to my earlier review of this shampoo, but I came here to edit it and add lippies. My previously not damaged, sleek hair was too fine for this ultra moisturuzing shampoo, but now that I've trasitioned from black hair to blonde ombré with highlights, this feels great and doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

on 1/22/2015 9:14:00 PM

Ugh Pureology I love it way too much but it is so expensive. If you're looking for an indulgence or have color treated hair and you want to protect your investment this is the one you want.

Pros:
-Concentrated so you don't need to use as much as a normal shampoo
-Smells amazing, spa time in the bathtub!
-Sulfate free and great for color treated hair because it does seem to preserve color A LOT more than any other shampoo I've tried and I've had my hair dyed red. Any other shampoo that says it can protect your color is a liar ha ha.
-Not only does it actually lather which is rare for a sulfate free shampoo, it lathers a lot!
-Cleans effectively with just one wash
-No animal testing
-Bonus it's a fun light purple color

Cons:
-Pricey!

This is my fav Pureology shampoo/any shampoo ever, I've also tried the volume one but was not impressed like with this one and how is a shampoo going to make your hair more voluminous anyways?

Every now and then Ulta will have sales on the Pureology liters which is pretty much the only way I've found to get a discount and ensure it's authentic pureology. One time I tried the L'oreal sulfate free line they have at target because they are the parent company and I thought I could get basically the same product for much less, I'm going to save you the trouble that line sucks! It doesn't protect your color and dries out your hair.

FYI I have thin, color treated hair for reference

on 1/5/2015 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to splurge on this while Ulta was having a 15% off sale on their Pureology products because I'd always heard good things. I'm not a fan of the way this smells. Its extremely herbal. I do like the fact that it cleans my hair without feeling too squeaky but I don't think it works enough to justify the $60 price tag for 1L.

on 1/1/2015 3:39:00 PM

I really love this shampoo for my really long, dyed, fine hair. I often get oily roots by the end of the day, but I haven't noticed that problem after using this shampoo (I always add a little dime sized scoop of baking soda to my shampoo to help with oil as well).

My favorite thing about this shampoo is the smell! It smells herbal, not sweet or fruity, and the smell stays in my hair all day.

I also noticed that whatever conditioner I use soaks into my ends way better with this shampoo than with others I've been using recently (Redken All Soft and Teatree Lemon Sage Thickening). I love pairing this with Matrix Biolage Colorlast conditioner, as I didn't purchase the Pureology conditioner.

Usually with hydrating shampoo, my hair feels weighed down, and it's hard to build volume, but my hair has plenty of volume while using this product.

I would definitely buy again!

on 11/7/2014 6:03:00 PM

Sad to say this shampoo now contains sodium chloride which is just as bad as sulfate. It will strip and dry out your hair, and if you have the keratin treatment done don't even think of using this. It will totally remove the keratin from your hair! Please bring back the old formula!!!