Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Carbomer, Linalool, C11-15 Pareth-7, Limonene, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Laureth-9, Geraniol, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, CI 60730/Ext. Violet 2, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Citric Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Benzophenone-4, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Melanin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Rosa Centifolia Extract/Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide

on 4/19/2015 12:50:00 PM

Really Really nice shampoo. I wish it weren't so expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. This stuff was a little too hydrating for me though. I have oily hair and with this I had wash my hair more often. I would like to try more from pureology.

on 4/5/2015 7:12:00 PM

I got this shampoo because my hair stylist recommended it: initial impressions: absolutely loved it, instantly soothed my painfully dry scalp, the smell is DIVINE. Lately I've noticed an excess amount of hair fall (still normal but more than usual for me) which, while I'm almost positive is due to massive amounts of stress from a medical issue 4 months ago, I will still be switching off this shampoo for a while to see if that makes a difference (I've been using this shampoo for about 2.5 months now) as of right now I'm going to say I won't be buying this product again just because of the price - I feel like it's possible for me to find a shampoo that works for me that won't cost me $70 a bottle. Overall a nice product, just too expensive and there are some chemicals in the ingredient lists I'm not too happy about

on 3/31/2015 2:32:00 PM

I don't know what happened to my earlier review of this shampoo, but I came here to edit it and add lippies. My previously not damaged, sleek hair was too fine for this ultra moisturuzing shampoo, but now that I've trasitioned from black hair to blonde ombré with highlights, this feels great and doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

on 1/22/2015 9:14:00 PM

Ugh Pureology I love it way too much but it is so expensive. If you're looking for an indulgence or have color treated hair and you want to protect your investment this is the one you want.

Pros:
-Concentrated so you don't need to use as much as a normal shampoo
-Smells amazing, spa time in the bathtub!
-Sulfate free and great for color treated hair because it does seem to preserve color A LOT more than any other shampoo I've tried and I've had my hair dyed red. Any other shampoo that says it can protect your color is a liar ha ha.
-Not only does it actually lather which is rare for a sulfate free shampoo, it lathers a lot!
-Cleans effectively with just one wash
-No animal testing
-Bonus it's a fun light purple color

Cons:
-Pricey!

This is my fav Pureology shampoo/any shampoo ever, I've also tried the volume one but was not impressed like with this one and how is a shampoo going to make your hair more voluminous anyways?

Every now and then Ulta will have sales on the Pureology liters which is pretty much the only way I've found to get a discount and ensure it's authentic pureology. One time I tried the L'oreal sulfate free line they have at target because they are the parent company and I thought I could get basically the same product for much less, I'm going to save you the trouble that line sucks! It doesn't protect your color and dries out your hair.

FYI I have thin, color treated hair for reference

on 1/5/2015 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to splurge on this while Ulta was having a 15% off sale on their Pureology products because I'd always heard good things. I'm not a fan of the way this smells. Its extremely herbal. I do like the fact that it cleans my hair without feeling too squeaky but I don't think it works enough to justify the $60 price tag for 1L.

on 1/1/2015 3:39:00 PM

I really love this shampoo for my really long, dyed, fine hair. I often get oily roots by the end of the day, but I haven't noticed that problem after using this shampoo (I always add a little dime sized scoop of baking soda to my shampoo to help with oil as well).

My favorite thing about this shampoo is the smell! It smells herbal, not sweet or fruity, and the smell stays in my hair all day.

I also noticed that whatever conditioner I use soaks into my ends way better with this shampoo than with others I've been using recently (Redken All Soft and Teatree Lemon Sage Thickening). I love pairing this with Matrix Biolage Colorlast conditioner, as I didn't purchase the Pureology conditioner.

Usually with hydrating shampoo, my hair feels weighed down, and it's hard to build volume, but my hair has plenty of volume while using this product.

I would definitely buy again!

on 11/7/2014 6:03:00 PM

Sad to say this shampoo now contains sodium chloride which is just as bad as sulfate. It will strip and dry out your hair, and if you have the keratin treatment done don't even think of using this. It will totally remove the keratin from your hair! Please bring back the old formula!!!

on 9/3/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My only complaint about this shampoo is PRICE. It is very expensive which is why I got the biggest bottle I could as cheaply as possible. However, I did purchase online and of course had no guarantee that it was authentic but I was very impressed with the results. I switched over to sulfate-free shampoos about 2 years ago and wanted to find one that was moisturizing because like sulfate shampoos had a drying effect on me and my quest began. After some research I decided to make a purchase and it has become a staple. I like the lavender color and the smell is very pleasant. It didn't leave my hair feeling stripped even though I don't do a pre-poo treatment and a little goes a long way. The consistency is thick and creamy like any other shampoo and though I'm still using the same bottle after a year and a half, the lovely color is stable and does what it's supposed to do. I found an Ulta not too far away from me and will likely repurchase soon but a smaller bottle this time.

on 8/19/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My friend gave me a sample of the conditioner and initially when I first used it, I loved it. I loved the smell and texture of it on my hair so I then decided to purchase the shampoo and conditioner. I am now currently using the 250ml shampoo and conditioner and near to the end of it and have noticed these products are making my hair fall quite bad compared to other conditioners and shampoos I have previously used. Every time I finish the final rinse before using the conditioner I have loads of hair in my hands. I feel this is the conditioner.

on 8/13/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I forgot how much I love this shampoo/conditioner system. I ran out of the 8oz a year ago and just didn't have the money to continue to afford it. I recently received a gift card to a place that sells it, and I immediately bought the 1 liter bottle of the shampoo and of the conditioner. It was a lot of money for both, but I wouldn't have spent that if it wasn't for the gift card. I think it was worth spending all my gift card money on these bottles. I don't understand the bad reviews??

Maybe this just doesn't work for some people or their hair just doesn't react well to it?? Maybe you're using too much? You only need to use like a quarter size for the shampoo. The smell is amazing!! I love the smell. This makes my hair feel soft and silky...it also makes my hair look healthier and shiny! I feel that it actually hydrates my long hair. I love this stuff and this is hands down my HG shampoo. The conditioner is too.

By the way: when I used this a year ago, I had color treated hair (dark brown) that was damaged from previously being blonde. Now that I'm using it, my hair is non-colored and back to it's original color (medium brown)