Chantecaille Lasting Eye Shade - Cinnamon

3.9

on 3/11/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Cinnamon is a beautiful warm brown in the pan, but unlike some of the reviews below, I see no pink in it. I wish! Those mauve tones appear in Coriander, but unfortunately on me, Cinnamon is just too warm against my pink-porcelain skin. In any case, I am fairly certain Cinnamon has been discontinued. I was able to find one on eBay to see if I was missing anything. It is not on the chantecaille.com web site.

For those who loved Cinnamon but did not like it's cool undertones, you might consider trying Bois which is a warm gleaming brown with reflects of pearly gold. Bois is available in the Shine formulation, and according to a MUA at Chantecaille, it is the color they most often recommend for green eyes.

on 12/14/2008 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used to adore this shade on my lids in cooler weather as an everyday shade - not overly dramatic, but pretty. It has just a tiny bit of sparkle which I can handle on my "mature" lids. But, lately, I find it has a bit too much pink to it and it can make my lids look a little too red. The color is so gorgeous in the pot that I pull it out still now and then even though my current fav medium lid shade is LM Khaki.

on 12/13/2005 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Chantecaille is a huge waste of money IMO. Retailing for a crazy $26 these shadows look pretty but arent very pigmented and fade through the day even with a good base. Cinnamon is a pretty shimmery light brown shade that's nice in the crease for a very subtle natural look. I prefer more pigment. Too many better quality shadows out there. This is also available in the Sylvie Palette.

on 6/14/2005 12:03:00 AM

This color came in a palette, I like it and it is flattering, but it's not overly special to me. I wouldn't have paid full-price for the single because it is very similar to LM Antique Gold, which I also own. Cinnamon is just a touch more deep in tone, a bit more taupe/brown than Antique Gold.

on 4/13/2005 7:39:00 AM

This is an insanely beautifuul brown. I find it difficult to successfully wear brown e/s and still manage to look alive, however this warm shade looks great! I tend to wear this in the crease with pyrite on the lid and perle on the browbone. It also looks great with lemongrass, peony and aquamarine (individually mind you!)

on 4/12/2005 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this after reading some great reviews from MUA'ers, but oh what a disappointment! I used masses and masses of the stuff, it showered all over my cheeks, but would it stay on my eyelids? Nooooo! Such 'delicate' pigmentation that it didn't look as if I'd got anything on at all. What a waste of money. Gave it away. Packaging OK, I quite liked the translucent lid but would have expected something a bit more substantial for the price.

on 1/20/2004 5:06:00 PM

This is my favourite chantecaille eye shadow. It gives a natural light brown colour yet there is tint of golden in it, just like "cinnamon" :p Unlike my other neutral eye shades, this one really make my eyes *pop*. I love it! Chantecaille eye shadows are top notch!

on 9/29/2003 1:13:00 PM

I love this colour! It is a medium brown that looks ever so pretty as a crease colour. I can't wear any greys because it makes me look ill, so this particular shade of brown is perfect. It looks slightly darker than milk chocolate in the pan (therefore, no orange tones), is very neutral and has the slightest gold shimmer. Rave!

on 9/27/2003 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite Chantecaille eye shadow. I was originally afraid to wear any bronze or browns as I am a PPP and thought browns would be overwhelming on me. I was wrong! Chantecaille e/s are so soft and silky that you can apply them as sheer or opaque as you like. Cinnamon is a gorgeous light warm brown which I use as a wash from lash to brow. Looks great paired with Cola. It really makes the green in my eyes pop.

Top Rated Chantecaille Products