Sally Hansen Cornsilk Zero Shine Invisible Mattifier

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/12/2007 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay,bought this twice.....it works a little bit. I think my skin is too oily too be helped by anything but face blotting sheets. Makeup stayed on nicely.....

on 6/17/2007 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i'm actually surprised i haven't thrown this out yet, considering my first experience with this product was dreadful.
i gave it another shot recently and the only way i could use this without having it peel off is with mineral or powder foundation. Also, you have to apply this stuff with a really quick hand or it will rub off and "peel."
i don't know...i really don't think it helps hold the oil for long
i rarely buy anything that is "anti-shine" or "oil control" anymore because i think anything depriving oily skin from natural oil, just makes the skin produce even more. i really want to try YSL matt touch though.. it felt amazing on the back of my hand.. but it's such a small tube with a huge price tag. Anyways, i would not repurchase this item, nor would i recommend it to anyone. Thankfully it was cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this so I could cut back on using my semi-pricey Eraser from Pure Luxe cosmetics. But it doesn't work for me. It goes on smelling like alcohol (because it contains it, obviously) and initially it looks great. But I get even oiler than usual whenever I use this stuff. It was unbelievable.. I usually just have a little t-zone shine which was why I picked this up, but after just a few hours my whole face was just an oil slick, it was disgusting. IMO it's one of those things that is a double edged sword... the alcohol dries out your skin at first, in which case it overcompensates by producing even MORE oil which makes it look worse. Blech.

on 2/13/2006 4:32:00 AM

I have combo skin. I Bought cause I noticed my make-up not staying on like I wanted. Rebuying.

on 1/8/2006 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product at first I thought was so alful, but then I realized I was using it wrong, it dries up the skin sometimes leaves a film so be sure to rub it in, i use it before and after putting on my makeup, when I use it with powder foundation my skin looks flawless and matte, It's not really good to use a cream foundtion or a liquid over this, because it will make your face looked craked like it's peeling, so just use a powder or a powder foundation and it works great, it lasts for hours. I am now addicted to this product.

on 12/31/2005 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product does a horrible job of controling oil BUT, I liked the way that my makeup went on after it (powder). it made my face VERY matte so my powder didn't clump up or nething. Even after blotting every hour, this stuff helping my makeup looking fresher and in place. When I don't use it things tend to smear when powder and oil mix. FOr $5 I'd buy it again just to put over another oil control product that doesn't give such a matte finish.

on 11/26/2005 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Does NOT. Mattify. Period. Returned it to the store the next day. Don't buy.

on 9/27/2005 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Why didn't I read the reviews before I wasted my money?? This stuff is useless. It made my skin look greasy and nasty. I even tried it without foundation and it still looked greasy. And I could do without the alcohol smell and stinging feeling on application.

on 8/22/2005 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I get the feeling from all the reviews and my own experience that if I used this product w/out makeup over it, it might be halfway decent. However, I do wear makeup and the result is....hmmmm, icky? to say the least. Please heed my warning and that of the other reviewers before me - when you put makeup over this mattifier it will ball up and make you look like your skin is flaking off. If you're thinking eeeewwwwwwww, you would be right. It is quite gross and no amount of wiping with a tissue or dusting w/ a brush will remove it all. On a good note it's cheap, it is pretty good at mattifying, and it looks like it'd do a good job w/out makeup(from what I can see before I put my foundation over it), but no way would I ever use this with makeup again. Oh, and it does smell like rubbing alcohol but the smell does dissipate.

on 5/27/2005 10:47:00 AM

Crap!

I wish I'd read the reviews. I am so shiny right now given that it's summer, and my face is like a pile of grease. (Seriously, I need to update my moisturizing foundation to something more appropriate for summer, too). Anyway, I bought this stuff on a lark - trying to spend less money on certain pricey department-store products when I can get the equivalent at a drugstore. I need to learn my lesson and just cough up the bucks. Because this product is terrible.

I've tried it now for two days. Maybe it's okay if you're going for a bare face (I doubt it), but this stuff under foundation makes me look like my face is falling apart. And I have some decent foundation with lots of slip that should just glide over this stuff (I wear Chanel Vitalumiere - great for colder months). My foundation is now just peeling off, and I feel all itchy. Yuck, yuck! It's so bad I actually took time out of my workday *specifically* to sign on and rant about this cruddy product.