April 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam I - the original

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful shade of red.I wear this shade when I go out,because it is a little too strong for a daytime lip color look for work.I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one's safe for those who want to give red lips a try. Amazing texture and suits most skintones. It's one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best red shade from the entire MAC lipstick collection.

It is a slightly brownish blood red with cool undertones and it looks AMAZING.

I used to be a hardcore Ruby Woo fan but i got tired of it, and then i remembered i had Viva Glam I in my collection but never used it. Wow. I felt the joy of redescovering an amazing matte red lipstick i never knew before.

It is creamy and opaque and feels like a dream.

It is borderline vampy, could be a bit similar to NARS's Fire Down Below (although FDB is a bit darker), and definitely pinup-y.

I have a yellowish NC20 skin and it looks amazing on me, always receive compliments.

I have almost finished my tube and I can't wait to buy a second one. Might even go get my second buller tomorrow. Can't wait!

Definitely recommended. Plus, the Viva Glam collection supports a good cause. Go get yours today!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Ah, the original Red. MAC is the fave brand for when I feel like splurging on lipsticks so I had to try it.

I know that MAC Mattes are notorious for drying on the lips but I haven't had that problem with this little gem. It's a rich brick blue-red with a subtle hints of brown undertones. I don't have any lipstick that can dupe this so well done, MAC. I think that anyone can wear this, even if you are super fair-skinned with the complexion of a ghost as long as you tone down the other parts of your makeup. This is the lippie I grab for if I'm having a fancy dinner or something.

Like any other MAC lip products, it smells strongly of sweetened vanilla and the bullet tube has a bit of a sheen to it.

Just get it for charity :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kaisofine

I love this color. This is my first red lipstick! This is also my first matte lipstick, as well. The color is like Ruby Woo but with a brown tint, plus it's not as dry. Heads turn when I wear this color! That's never happened with other Mac colors. Even the girls be lookin'....lol. I love this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This then, finally, is My MAC Red. I wore Russian Red for years and bypassed VGI thinking it too brown or vampy. I also have Brave, MAC Red and New York Apple...but at last I've found the perfect, most flattering red for me. It's a shade or two deeper and while definitely a cool colour, would probably still look great on warmer tones - I think many reds do.
The most sophisticated, classy, sexy red I now own!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

VG1 is a really cool lipstick, because its a blue based red, so it works great for my fair skin, and it also makes my teeth look really white. However, it also has a brown undertone, so it makes it more wearable for all skin types. It's one of the creamier mattes MAC has, much like Red Russian, so it's comfortable to wear, and long lasting. I was surprised to see that this color is wearable during the day. I usually wear it with MAC's Brick lip pencil, or Cherry if I want it to be brighter. I don't know what took me so long to get this shade, but I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This was more blood red then the cherry red that I'm used to wearing. The lasting power and everything is perfect but the shade just wasn't for me. Ruby woo is more my color

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG red. I wear it almost everyday. I keep it in my purse always, I need it with me at all times. Love the great wear and formula, just matte enough. I do prefer my mattes dryer but this is just so delicious. My most gorgeous red. This red is perfect for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this, my HG red. It is a blue based red, which means fair skinned ladies can pull this off. It's like a brick/brownish red, and it is very dark, but not bright, so many people can pull it off. I have yellow undertones and this brings out the warmth in my face. I think there are too many reds that are pinky or orange, but this is that perfect retro, marilyn monroe red. As far as the formula - I found it to last a relatively long time, and it leaves a stain on the lips. It isn't TOO drying for a matte. I bought the matching gloss to go with it. However, I think I will only wear this in the fall/winter months. Love it!