September 23, 2014 | 894 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Vanilla Line

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by superminx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you love the original vanilla oil, please sign my petition.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to wear this perfume when I was a teenie-bopper. I thought it smelled like cookies and sugary treats. (It still does... at least the formula I used did.) However, now I only want to smell cookies when they are baking in the oven... not on my wrists.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Body Shop changed their formulation for the Vanilla Products in about 2005. They don't smell the same anymore.

The Perfume Oil & EDT now have florals in them - rather than the pure Vanilla they used to be.

I won't buy them anymore, they ruined a perfectly good scent.

I hear they'll be discontinued anyway.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I'm so glad i came here and found snugglebunnyjm's review on this. I totally agree. The 90's Vanilla was something i used all the time. The shower gel was beautiful and the lotion made my skin so soft. No vanilla scent since that has touched it and i'm so disappointed in this, i say new but its been back for years!

If anyone knows of anything that smells like the old vanilla line, please contact me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW! I went CRAZY for this stuff a few years ago, and I went and bought it. I love love LOVED it soo much. VERY sweet and pretty.. but I guess my nose got sick of it because when I smell any of the Vanilla scents from TBS now I just smell chemicals. Staying power wasn't great either. So this gets a 4.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by snugglebunnyjm

I don't hate this, but I miss the old Body Shop vanilla line. In the '90s it smelled more like marshmallows or syrup or something ... in the best way possible. The new version is more floral and musky, and I smell something sour and chemically in there. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by heather_dawn_77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this scent (EDT)on me! I always feel sexy when I wear it and people always comment on how good I smell. My bf can't get enough of it either and gets annoyed when I try other perfumes! To him and me so far, nothing else compares to this fragrance. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by kooky_pound

Ok 3 as vanilla goes.

The new one with the white lid is nice but floral and very warm.

The second version with black lid....warm floral and strong mixed with alot more than just vanilla

the original marshmallow pure vanilla that you wanted to eat! i love this i got one on Ebay a month ago, paid a fair bit for it but i love it.

**********THE BODY SHOP PLEASE BRING THIS VANILLA BACK*********

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 8:48:00 PM More reviews by joellarose

this is a very nice vanilla...my mom,who can't stand any other vanilla products actually likes this one on me! it's a little tropical and coconuty on my skin,i love it worn over the nut body butter,i also find this to be the only vanilla scent that i can tolerate in the heat of summer,i use the oil in winter only because it is VERY STRONG! but for the spring and summer i prefer the body mist,it is light and perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by maxies_world

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My signature scent - people frequently compliment me on it, from a homeless guy in the street stopping me to tell me I smelled good, to a drunken dj biting me because he said I smelled good enough to eat (strange man). You have to give this fragrance bonus points because it is relatively cheap, and the scent sticks around all day, especially on clothes.