April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Amarige de Givenchy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Given all the warnings of the strength of this, I only put on a dot of the perfume. It is gorgeous. Perhaps I didn't put on enough to pick up all the notes listed, because what I get is tuberose plus more tuberose, every bit as high quality as that from L'Artisan. However, the listed notes are: topnotes: peach, plum, orange, mandarin, with the sweetness of rose wood and neroli; heart of mimosa, neroli, tuberose, gardenia and acacia with a gourmand hint of black currant; base of musk, sandalwood, vanilla, amber, Tonka bean and cedar. I've had it on for 15 hours and only now can smell the basenote of cedar. Perhaps the other notes came and left as I slept.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Quite nice and interesting fragrance. Reminds me of tropics... Not strong at all on me. Also smells a bit like a paper, books. Goes well on clean skin beneath a cream.
The main drawback to me is the low strength and longevity of this fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by maleajou

Amarige is a perfume, that I keep going back to. I absolutely fell in love with this perfume, when I first smelled it almost 20 years ago. By now I almost feel, that the smell is too young for me (I am 38 years now), but I do still love it, and I find it extremely sensual, even though it is in no way heavy or a headache-starter either.
Very unique scent. The bottle looks a bit cheep though, but who cares, when the inside is so gorgeus:-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new fall/winter fragrance that will be nice to wear for day and night. I didn't want something so heavy like my usual winter scent, Dior Addict. Both Addict and Amarige are sexy full bodied scents. However, I see it as Addict being the passionate back shoved to the wall sex and Amarige to be the spooning and kissing after the sex. Amarige reminds me of a cashmere sweater that wraps you up in warmth and makes you feel luxurious and comfortable. Amarige is a rich scent however it doesn't suffocate you or overpower the room. A little goes a long way. On me, I get very little citrus and fruit. The foral, spice and wood notes really warm up to my chemistry. Amarige is a very warm and slightly intoxicating scent that is geared for a mature following.
Notes:Neroli, Rosewood, Violet Leaves, Citrus Notes, Gardenia, Mimosa, Melon, Peach, Plum, Cashmereon Wood, Tonka Bean, Vanilla.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by coolfreshair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent came from the era of power. Power ballads, power singers ... and powerhouse perfumes. Whilst I am not adverse to all powerful scents I found the lingering intensity of this one veered toward the unpleasant side.

Like a huge bowl of fruit can smell wonderfully delicious, that same bowl of fruit can also at times become slightly cloying, especially if some of those fruit are over-ripe. Whilst not exactly unpleasant you feel a need to distance yourself from that pungently fruity intensity.

I feel the same about this perfume. It's not completely unpleasant but there's something within the notes that reminds me of fruit that is so ripe that it's beginning to turn ... and for me it spoils the whole scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by andreadianca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom loves this perfume so much (btw,my mom is 38 years old)
The parfume it self is quite rare in indonesia,however i found it at singapore.
The scent of this perfume last long time and also give a heavy scent at first but it will give you nice scent after 10 minutes

but personaly i just didn't into it. Perfect for my mom,not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by treilis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a Tokyo Milk edp, Song in D Minor, that a friend says reminds her of Amirage. Indeed, very similar. With one on each wrist Amirage seems to be the higher quality fragrance, but the other suits my body chemistry better. There's something vaguely bitter that I think is just how it reacts on me, rather than the perfume itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

Amariage is beautiful in EXcEPTIONALLY tiny doses...by that I mean 1 spray. This stuff is heaven when applied to clean skin in the evening and very minuscule amount. It attracts men like crazy. This is super femininine. I know some young ladies can carry it but is say leave this to the 30-60 crowd. This is a mature scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by benzippo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfumes by esteem popular Fashion Houses of yesteryears such as Givenchy always yields high standards fragrances where each and every launched was a work of art.

To me, a great fragrance creation should possesed at least the basic qualities:

1) Has its very own character and not a copy cat of some other fragrances.

2) Unique and not like the rest similar smelling juices where, one do not smell much different from another, that is sadly flooding the market nowadays.

3) Able to strongly invoke an either you love it or hate it feeling and that's it! No in betweens.

4) Has an individual identity where a single whiff, you'll be able to immediately recognized it.

5) Once sniffing it, you'll immediately know that much work and effort has been instilled in its creation, unlike the ones (lost count of these recent releases) that were composed in a hush hush pace just for the sake of filling in the market and with only one mission in mind...$$$ where quality is nearly always compromised.

With that said, all earlier Givenchy creations are wonderful and Amarige is no exception.

It may be too strong initially, but when it dries down, the real beauty of the perfume will prevails....

Alas, it is so hard to come across new creations such as this now and thank goodness, despite its reformulation, it still smells like Amarige.

Final words before summing my review, this perfume is for a Women (who is not afraid to use what she likes instead of using something that she does not like, but just to pleased other instead)!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm afraid I don't agree that it can't be compared to anything else. Check out Revlon's Wildheart! Dead ringer. 1.7 oz for $14. Got it at fragrancenet. Matching body spray to go with it. Not that I'm crazy about Amarige or Wildheart...they are strong peach, and that doesn't do it for me. But that's just me...if you like peach and/or Amarige, absolutely look at Wildheart!