November 26, 2014 | 1789 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Amarige de Givenchy

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by offender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always like this fragrance, but have only smelled it in a tester. Yet my husband gave me a bottle for my birthday this weekend. It was a nice surprise. I hope to receive lots of compliments- to me it is lovely and unique.
He purchased it at Walgreen's and probably over paid 50$. We live in a small town, and I do not remember seeing it at TJMAXX.
I am in my early 40's- I don't want to wear an over trendy fragrance. But I also I do not want to date myself by wearing old favorites- Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Arden.
I have Red Door and White Diamonds which I find are too recognizable- and opinions are strong.
Amarige feels more unique.
If I receive a few positive comments- it will become my new go-to- as it seems seasonless to me

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amarige is my signature fragrance. I am in my forties, and love the way this smells on my skin. It is warm, sensual and just plain gorgeous. Every time I wear it, my husband can't stop smelling me :D

I wear this nearly every day, but I'm careful not to spray too much. It can be very strong initially, but calms down shortly after to a very warm, spicy floral.

This is elegance and timeless beauty in a bottle. I recommend it to anyone who is not afraid of standing out of the crowd, fragrance-wise. I will continue to use this over and over again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by bethtenerife

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried very hard to like this perfume. A good friend of mine wore this constantly, she loved it and vowed she wouldn't buy anything else. Trouble was, to me she always smelled of soap. I've bought the perfume and tried it myself. Maybe it was just a chemistry thing...but no...all I get is soap. For me, it's a definite no..no.....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Given all the warnings of the strength of this, I only put on a dot of the perfume. It is gorgeous. Perhaps I didn't put on enough to pick up all the notes listed, because what I get is tuberose plus more tuberose, every bit as high quality as that from L'Artisan. However, the listed notes are: topnotes: peach, plum, orange, mandarin, with the sweetness of rose wood and neroli; heart of mimosa, neroli, tuberose, gardenia and acacia with a gourmand hint of black currant; base of musk, sandalwood, vanilla, amber, Tonka bean and cedar. I've had it on for 15 hours and only now can smell the basenote of cedar. Perhaps the other notes came and left as I slept.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Quite nice and interesting fragrance. Reminds me of tropics... Not strong at all on me. Also smells a bit like a paper, books. Goes well on clean skin beneath a cream.
The main drawback to me is the low strength and longevity of this fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by maleajou

Amarige is a perfume, that I keep going back to. I absolutely fell in love with this perfume, when I first smelled it almost 20 years ago. By now I almost feel, that the smell is too young for me (I am 38 years now), but I do still love it, and I find it extremely sensual, even though it is in no way heavy or a headache-starter either.
Very unique scent. The bottle looks a bit cheep though, but who cares, when the inside is so gorgeus:-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new fall/winter fragrance that will be nice to wear for day and night. I didn't want something so heavy like my usual winter scent, Dior Addict. Both Addict and Amarige are sexy full bodied scents. However, I see it as Addict being the passionate back shoved to the wall sex and Amarige to be the spooning and kissing after the sex. Amarige reminds me of a cashmere sweater that wraps you up in warmth and makes you feel luxurious and comfortable. Amarige is a rich scent however it doesn't suffocate you or overpower the room. A little goes a long way. On me, I get very little citrus and fruit. The foral, spice and wood notes really warm up to my chemistry. Amarige is a very warm and slightly intoxicating scent that is geared for a mature following.
Notes:Neroli, Rosewood, Violet Leaves, Citrus Notes, Gardenia, Mimosa, Melon, Peach, Plum, Cashmereon Wood, Tonka Bean, Vanilla.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by coolfreshair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent came from the era of power. Power ballads, power singers ... and powerhouse perfumes. Whilst I am not adverse to all powerful scents I found the lingering intensity of this one veered toward the unpleasant side.

Like a huge bowl of fruit can smell wonderfully delicious, that same bowl of fruit can also at times become slightly cloying, especially if some of those fruit are over-ripe. Whilst not exactly unpleasant you feel a need to distance yourself from that pungently fruity intensity.

I feel the same about this perfume. It's not completely unpleasant but there's something within the notes that reminds me of fruit that is so ripe that it's beginning to turn ... and for me it spoils the whole scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by andreadianca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom loves this perfume so much (btw,my mom is 38 years old)
The parfume it self is quite rare in indonesia,however i found it at singapore.
The scent of this perfume last long time and also give a heavy scent at first but it will give you nice scent after 10 minutes

but personaly i just didn't into it. Perfect for my mom,not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by treilis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a Tokyo Milk edp, Song in D Minor, that a friend says reminds her of Amirage. Indeed, very similar. With one on each wrist Amirage seems to be the higher quality fragrance, but the other suits my body chemistry better. There's something vaguely bitter that I think is just how it reacts on me, rather than the perfume itself.