October 21, 2014 | 2036 users online

Loose Powders - Alison Raffaele - translucent loose powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ValJean

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ooooo, me likey! Received as a sample ages ago, I pulled this out because I just needed a finishing powder. Voila! A really beautiful finish. I highly recommend this product. Looks white and frightening, but once on really blurs imperfections and just softens the look of your skin. It's not in your face noticeable but just so subtle. It used to be sold at Sephora, but it appears they have dropped the line. However, this is definitely on my list to search and buy once I run out of the sample. Also, a favorite of Robert Jones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not a huge fan of loose powder but saw this for sale at an internet site and for what I paid I figured why not. First off I didn't think I really needed a translucent loose powder (my skin is not oily) as I rarely if ever use the pressed powder compact from Shiseido that I have. That said I prefer this one hands down. I love the fact my skin sincerely looks flawless and my color remains true and isn't yellow or pink. I don't mind the texture of this (it isn't exceedingly smooth) and I don't mind that it's loose, except I doubt I could travel with this and would therefore take my compact along.I didn't itch, the final result was not chalky and any imperfections were blurred. Unlike other comments this did change my color slightly, in fact, lighter than I expected but because I love being very pale I liked the subtle alteration. The finish lasted all day and left no mask like effect, no oxidation and no T zone oil bleed through. High quality brush application required. AR is a lovely underated cosmetic line I suggest you explore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic loose powder that sets perfectly and looks incredibly natural. It contains no parabens, talc, gluten, fragrance or oil, is not tested on animals, is made in the US and is packaged in 80% post-consumer waste, non-polluting wind power paperboard. I love effective products from environmentally and consumer-friendly brands, so this is an absolute winner in my book. This is the first thing I've purchased from the Raffaele line, but I'll definitely be back. $26.00 for 0.38 oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is THE first truly translucent powder I've ever used. I can't count the times that I've purchased a "translucent" powder and found it to be the exact opposite-- changing the colour of my foundation. Doesn't darken, lighten or cause ashiness.This stuff goes on as transparent as can be and does nothing but set the makeup-- it really has no significant coverage properties. Don't let its stark white appearance fool you! It looks like it will apply ghastly white, but it doesn't. Also, I hate when I apply powder and it feels heavy and later cakey. This stuff is as light as can be!
I think other cosmetics companies need to take note with this product. SAR defines what "translucent" should mean!
The only issue I have is the price. It's far too expensive. I use my only container sparingly-- got it at Sephora for half price and don't intend on paying nearly $30 for that small container!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 7:43:00 AM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG loose powder. Looks a little fuinny in jar because it's white, but it does not go on that way. This is truely a translucent, sheer, fine powder. It does not give coverage - it sets your makeup without adding to it. I have very sensative skin and so far this is the only powder I have used, and I've used hundreds, that does not give me a rash as it has no mica or irritants at all!!! Finally after all these years of looking I have found a loose powder I can use. Now if she would just make a compact that works as well for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

I love this powder. It's transparent and quite granular, and so it fills the pores (mine are small) perfectly. I was given a sample by my local cosmetics boutique and I will definitely buy more. I detest that Bella Pierre stuff, which sits like white chalk on my skin. I was scared this might do the same but it is completely superior in every way.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by subucni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff looks good when i first put it on. It doesnt make my face look dusty and dry and gets rid of shine, but it really does not last long. Maybe its becasue i do have oily skin but it doesn't seem to keep my face matte for very long at all. it did however help my sucky creme eyeliner (smashbox) stay on longer when i put this over it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Something about this product makes my skin itch and overproduce oil if I wear it for longer than an hour or two. Strange, because the ingredients list is super short -- it's just talc and preservatives...perhaps it's the preservatives that are the culprits? In any case, I give it high marks for the un-powdery finish it gives. Like other reviewers mentioned, it melts into the skin instead of sitting on the surface. I could even dust this around the eyes after applying concealer and it doesn't settle into fine lines. It looks very opaque in the jar - like chalk dust, but it applies super sheer provided you use care & a light hand. Too bad I'm sensitive to something in the ingredients :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 10:12:00 AM More reviews by tracita

I got a generous-sized sample of this from Sephora some time ago. I used it over my cream eye shadow to set and it kept me crease-free all day long. I also used it on my shiny forehead after all my other makeup was said and done, and it did a good job of keeping the shine at bay. A very good product...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by livie981

I am always in search of the perfect powder because I can't stand the look of powder on the skin. But I have to use a powder because I have an oily T zone and without powder my makeup disappears by lunch time. I was afraid this powder would look white and chalky but it didn't! I just use it on my T zone and it just disappears into my skin. Keeps my skin from getting oily and keeps my make up in place. I love it!!!