Avon Planet Spa Mediterranean Olive Oil Conditioning Hair Mask

3.8

on 2/12/2014 4:14:00 PM

the best hair mask for conditioning the hair thoroughly, in my opinion, is the one from pro naturals b/c it's made from argan oil.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i love this product because of its results. i put it in my hair for literally a minute or so and instead of leaving my hair soft for two minutes while i towel dry my hair, it stayed really soft WAY after! my hair isnt easy to brush when wet but it was way easy to comb through when i had the conditioner in.

im not really bothered by the smell like some picky people are but it doesnt smell gross or anything. doesnt leave nasty residue and its an overall amazing product :]

on 7/11/2010 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's not too shabby, It's really thick so I only apply it to my ends because It will weigh down my fine hair like crazy.
I don't care for the smell, I guess it smells like olive oil.
It hasn't done any miracles for my hair, but my hair isn't dry, or too damaged anyway, so I don't notice much if it is doing anything. It's not doing any harm. I couldn't use it consistently because it's so heavy.
It's one of those products that has been sitting in my shower for ages and I'm trying to use it up.
I could see this being awesome for thicker, more unruly haired gals.

on 2/13/2010 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my fav deep conditioners. It makes my hair sooo soft and silky and i like the smell. the formula is real creamy. it really helped my hair a lot. i loved it so much i ran out of it in like 3 weeks cuz i used it so much. id love to repurchase.

on 12/29/2009 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Excellent hair mask, I just got 4 jars of it because it was on a special sale, so I got some backups... :)
Anyway the original price is a bit high, but this one really does the job, makes my hair soft and shiny.
Really nice product Avon!

on 10/3/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This did a very good job of moisturizing my hair and leaving it soft. I had increased shine which is a plus. Kinda of thin for a mask, but it rinses off with no residue. It smells ok, kinda herbal and light. It left my curls very bouncy and came in a tube instead of a jar which is much better as far as packaging goes. It contains a couple of cones, but overall they don't leave a lot of build-up if you remember to clarify every now and then. There is also a decent amount of actual olive oil in it. A great find from Avon.

on 9/14/2009 7:13:00 PM

I this that I could have got the same results if I had to use any regular hair conditioner and left it on my hair for 10-15 mins. You are not going to see any noticable differences to your by using this product.

on 9/14/2009 3:33:00 AM

Ok since im an Avon Rep, I always want to try new items, plus it was a very good price. I went to go try it, and there was nothing very spectacular about it. It honestly seemed like any other conditioner iv used but thicker. I do like how it left my hair nice and soft, but again it wasn't spectacular. For the amount you get, I don't think it's worth it unless you find it on sale. I will admit, that I don't have dry and brittle hair...so that might be an indication of why I don't see a big difference. Actually my hair is kinda oily at times. For those of you who have oily hair, I wouldn't suggest this. But for those who have dry hair, I think the other reviews might be more beneficial to you.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have fine straight hair, but it is prone to dryness and is slightly damaged. I agree with other reviewers in that this is more a rich conditioner than a mask. I like MOST of the Planet Spa products from Avon, and this one is no exception. It smells good, and it did leave my hair soft. But it wasn't super nourishing, and it didn't wow me. I would buy this again if I wanted a nice cheap conditioner for the warmer months, when my hair requires just moderate hydration.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm a natural full curly girl with 4a hair. I decided to try it becauase one the price and two my hair loves creamy stuff with olive oil. Well for the most part my hair was really soft. I agree it more of a deep conditioner then a mask. would i buy again? yes but only if i run out of my more expensive stuff.