September 22, 2014 | 1941 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Mdun13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the shampoo and conditioner. I have coarse thick frizzy hair and I do straighten it everyday. I had high hopes considering how awesome the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum is. I wish I would of just stuck with my gut before purchasing this product since I did some research. Left my hair super greasy, more tangly, and straw like.

Luckily I purchased the shampoo and conditioner at ulta and they allowed me to exchange it. Save your money!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to echo some of the previous reviews on this Shampoo (and conditioner). They leave a strange waxy-feeling coating on the hair. Hair looks drab and lifeless with no shine and straw-like texture. Dreadful altogether.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by KCLADYZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for the first time today. My hair did look smoother and felt thicker. Light good scent. Huge lather. I am pleased and will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by yvesrocher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry frizzy hair and try to avoid using harsh shampoos that may dry out my hair. The problem is a lot of those natural sulfate free shampoos sometime leave some residue on my scalp and make my roots feel a little gross. So far I like this shampoo is smells super yummy like green apples. It lathers well and makes my hair feel clean. My hair does feel a tad dry after rinsing it out but that is what conditioner is for. I do feel like with the right conditioner it does make my hair feel smoother and a little more manageable. Right now I am using Wella for Coarse/Dry hair. It in an orange bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ShadowKat

I have really thick hair and a lot of it. I recently started using this product due to a saloon stylist recommending it to me and it has worked very well for my hair. I use only the shampoo and serum with a different brand of conditioner. My hair does not feel greasy and it is very helpful when I straighten my hair. I am not sure y I am having great results when so many others have had bad results. It could be that I don't use the conditioner or I might just have the right hair type but the shampoo smells great and works magic in my hair that no other shampoo has done before.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

So I love Paul Mitchell products! I have this shampoo and the Super Skinny serum as well as a million other things. This shampoo was really amazing for my oily hair. kept it clean without drying it out. left my hair super shiny too. Love Love love it, my daily shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by nailaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick, coarse frizzy hair and had high hopes when I bought this. I guess the high amounts of silicone on this product made my hair look like I haven't showered in days. My scalp felt nasty and oily and even after finishing up the entire liter bottle, I did not see improvement in the overall structure of my hair. I haven't purchased another ever since.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by alexkaay

This shampoo doesn't lather very much and it doesn't leave my hair smelling very good. I find that I have to use a lot of it and even then, it smells a bit odd after my hair dries. I notice that my hair looks and feels really good after I straighten it, but other than that, it doesn't do much. My hair is still pretty dry and frizzy after using this product. The only thing that it does that impresses me is cut down the drying time, but that's not that big of a deal to me. It's not a terrible product, but for the price, I would rather buy something else that works better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

So normally I love Paul Mitchell products especially the SSS and the SSS balm and bought liter sizes of the shampoo (& conditioner)

I must say this shampoo (& conditioner) are awful!!!

The shampoo seemed to lather up well and initially my hair felt clean...afterwards that changed lol

This stuff made my hair soooo dried out and gross it was unreal! I have never had a shampoo and conditioner make my hair feel so awful and coated.

Needless to say this is a huge no for me and I passed it on to my husband and for him he loves it and it works great!

The only thing good about imo is the yummy apple/watermelon scent..

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I bought this along with the conditioner hoping that this would transform my hair, which is very thick and frizzy. I straighten it with a flat iron 2-3 times a week. I thought the Super Skinny Shampoo and Daily Treatment (along with the Super Skinny Serum) would allow me to cut down on time spent on styling. Actually, none of the products did anything for my hair. It didn't make it easier to straighten or more resistant to damage from using heat.

I used this system for over a year before switching to John Frieda's Frizz Ease shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair, and that too didn't make any difference.

I finally tried TIGI's Sleek Mystique line and it's HG for me! Please check out my reviews for the shampoo/conditioner and the thermal protection spray for more info if you're interested.

Don't waste your time or money with the Super Skinny line!