April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by KCLADYZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for the first time today. My hair did look smoother and felt thicker. Light good scent. Huge lather. I am pleased and will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by yvesrocher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry frizzy hair and try to avoid using harsh shampoos that may dry out my hair. The problem is a lot of those natural sulfate free shampoos sometime leave some residue on my scalp and make my roots feel a little gross. So far I like this shampoo is smells super yummy like green apples. It lathers well and makes my hair feel clean. My hair does feel a tad dry after rinsing it out but that is what conditioner is for. I do feel like with the right conditioner it does make my hair feel smoother and a little more manageable. Right now I am using Wella for Coarse/Dry hair. It in an orange bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ShadowKat

I have really thick hair and a lot of it. I recently started using this product due to a saloon stylist recommending it to me and it has worked very well for my hair. I use only the shampoo and serum with a different brand of conditioner. My hair does not feel greasy and it is very helpful when I straighten my hair. I am not sure y I am having great results when so many others have had bad results. It could be that I don't use the conditioner or I might just have the right hair type but the shampoo smells great and works magic in my hair that no other shampoo has done before.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

So I love Paul Mitchell products! I have this shampoo and the Super Skinny serum as well as a million other things. This shampoo was really amazing for my oily hair. kept it clean without drying it out. left my hair super shiny too. Love Love love it, my daily shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by nailaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick, coarse frizzy hair and had high hopes when I bought this. I guess the high amounts of silicone on this product made my hair look like I haven't showered in days. My scalp felt nasty and oily and even after finishing up the entire liter bottle, I did not see improvement in the overall structure of my hair. I haven't purchased another ever since.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by alexkaay

This shampoo doesn't lather very much and it doesn't leave my hair smelling very good. I find that I have to use a lot of it and even then, it smells a bit odd after my hair dries. I notice that my hair looks and feels really good after I straighten it, but other than that, it doesn't do much. My hair is still pretty dry and frizzy after using this product. The only thing that it does that impresses me is cut down the drying time, but that's not that big of a deal to me. It's not a terrible product, but for the price, I would rather buy something else that works better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So normally I love Paul Mitchell products especially the SSS and the SSS balm and bought liter sizes of the shampoo (& conditioner)

I must say this shampoo (& conditioner) are awful!!!

The shampoo seemed to lather up well and initially my hair felt clean...afterwards that changed lol

This stuff made my hair soooo dried out and gross it was unreal! I have never had a shampoo and conditioner make my hair feel so awful and coated.

Needless to say this is a huge no for me and I passed it on to my husband and for him he loves it and it works great!

The only thing good about imo is the yummy apple/watermelon scent..

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I bought this along with the conditioner hoping that this would transform my hair, which is very thick and frizzy. I straighten it with a flat iron 2-3 times a week. I thought the Super Skinny Shampoo and Daily Treatment (along with the Super Skinny Serum) would allow me to cut down on time spent on styling. Actually, none of the products did anything for my hair. It didn't make it easier to straighten or more resistant to damage from using heat.

I used this system for over a year before switching to John Frieda's Frizz Ease shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair, and that too didn't make any difference.

I finally tried TIGI's Sleek Mystique line and it's HG for me! Please check out my reviews for the shampoo/conditioner and the thermal protection spray for more info if you're interested.

Don't waste your time or money with the Super Skinny line!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by HTsButterfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**This is for both the Super Skinny Shampoo and Daily Treatment** Wow!!! I've been a hairstylist for a little under 10 years and with all my knowledge about hair care, I have never been super picky about my shampoos and conditioners. As long as they cleaned my hair after shampooing and left my hair soft and easy to comb out after conditioning, didn't leave my hair feeling dry and smelled good, that's all I really ask for. But this shampoo and conditioner is by far THE WORST I have ever tried. I'm not one to return items but this is definitely going back! I knew with the first wash that it felt like the shampoo had coated my hair with something that felt waxy or another example is the feel of having not washed your hair for a day or two and then just wetting it. It has that weird waxy, dirty, stiff feel to it. And even my hands felt like they had something coating them. My hair felt stiff and sticky right after rinsing out the shampoo and I thought "Hmm, maybe the conditioner is going to be the miracle product here" Umm, no. The conditioner was no better. I couldn't even run my fingers through it, even with conditioner still in my hair. HORRIBLE! My hair felt no better dry and styled and had little to no shine. Super skinny serum on the other is fantastic! I've been using that for a couple of years now. It's great. Very disappointed with the shampoo and conditioner. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A couple of years ago, I ordered this Paul Mitchell Super Skinny shampoo/conditioner set in travel size bottles on sale from Drugstore dot com. I thought I'd give this hair care line a try, because I'd never tried it before.

After one week of using the Paul Mitchell products, they made the bottom 12 inches of my very healthy hair break off around the 2 and 3-inch mark (broke off 2-3 inches from my scalp). My hair started breaking off in huge amounts, so I stopped using the Paul Mitchell products, but it was too late. Most of my hair broke off over the next couple of days. It clogged up the large main water drain that is underneath the foundation of our house and we had to spend $300 for a plumber to come and get the gigantic hairball out.

My long, thick, shiny, naturally-straight hair had always been my best feature. Therefore, it was pretty traumatic for it all to break off without warning because it made me look awful - I looked 10 years older. And that's not just my impression -- every stranger feels okay about coming out and saying this to me when he or she looks at my photo on my driver's licence or passport -- such as when I'm going through security at the airport, or when I am buying a bottle of wine at the supermarket. A supermarket clerk even said this last week to me, even though my jaggedy damaged hair has now grown down to my chin in the last 2 years and it looks SO much better than it did when it first all broke off.

My hair grows slowly, so it has taken 2 years to get all the broken pieces to chin length.

At the time that I bought these travel size bottles of the Paul Mitchell products, I did NOT know that Drugstore dot com was not an authorized seller of those products. I thought that they were such a big company and so well-known that of course they would stick to the industry rules and I assumed that they would only sell products they were authorized to sell. I later found out that this is not so - they are not authorized to sell Paul Mitchell products - and the fine print on their website states this. Apparently there is a big grey market in salon-level hair products. If you don't buy the products from authorized sellers (like bricks-and-mortar hair salons), the manufacturer won't guarantee the product's quality or purity.

Lord knows what was actually in the bottles I got. I cannot imagine that Paul Mitchell products would be so terrible, because they have a good reputation.

I do not really blame the Paul Mitchell company for ruining my hair, but even so, I will never try another one of their products again, just in case the shampoo that made all my hair break off was authentically their product.

My advice is to never buy salon haircare products from an unauthorized retailer! And there are many of them around now - supermarkets, big box stores, most of the major internet retailers -- but in most cases they are not authorized by the manufacturer. You can check on the manufacturer's website to see who the authorized retailers are.

===
In case you are interested, this is what happened after that:

I made appointments with many stylists/salons in my town, asking for advice. I tried nearly everything at the beauty supply store, and what the various stylists/salons recommended to me. I tried shampoos/conditioners, treatment packets, special protein treatments done at the salon, styling products, leave-in conditioners, various oils.

I was getting to the end of my choices, and I tried about 5 of the product lines of Redken, but nothing worked, until the Redken All Soft range.

The All Soft shampoo and conditioner were *magnificent*. The All Soft made my hair shiny, soft, and decent-looking. (To make it merely decent-looking, like anyone else's normal discount-brand-shampooed hair would look, was a miracle.)

Then, last year, Redken REFORMULATED the All Soft line. They took out avocado oil and added argan oil. They changed other ingredients too. The new formula of All Soft was terrible on my hair. It made my hair dry, brittle, frizzy. It made my scalp oily and it made my forehead break out in pimples.

In a mad rush, I spent about 2 days trying to locate bottles of the old product in about a 30-mile radius. I was able to scrounge up a couple of sets of the old shampoo/conditioner. I've been using those precious supplies sparingly for the last year, but I'm now out of it.

Therefore, I have gone around the last 3 weeks and tried all kinds of brands, I've gone to salons, I've gone to drugstores. Nothing is working for my hair. Not even the highly-rated Pureology line, which was really bad for my hair last week.

A lot of formerly-loyal Redken customers were very upset about the change in the All Soft formula. I don't know WHY they changed it. They could have brought out a new product line that contained argan oil, if having a line that featured it was so important to them.

I've tried to find what other people are using as a replacement for the old All Soft, but no one really says what they have moved on to.

If anyone has found something comparable to the original version of Redken All Soft, please send me a message via this website!