December 22, 2014 | 1330 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Scalp Benefits conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

This conditioner left my thick s'wavy hair looking wonderful and my scalp looking clear. However, I noticed a link with this conditioner and increased acne in my hair line and cheeks (where my hair would touch). This is the best conditioner for my hair and scalp, but my cheek acne was unbearable. I stopped using this conditioner and tried a rosemary lavendar acv borax concoction I found on the Internet as a replacement to conditioner in itself. My face and scalp have been clear, and my hair looks awesome. This time aveda didn't win.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Mssugaree423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine, curly, dry hair, and this product did not meet my standards. My curly hair was left weighed down and dry. It had a sweet, musty, and bark-like smell that could be taken as unisex.

This product however is definitely better than a lot of conditioners, however it was just not good enough for me. My hair was left shiny, but very dry on the ends. It "seemed" to make my hair healthier, but it only made it look healthier without actually improving it's quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked this, its a decent enough conditioner, nothing spectacular, but it left my hair frizz free without weighing it down. The scent is of the usual Aveda herbal variety, which I didn't love, but it wasn't offensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by hannemille

I bought the scalp benefits shampoo, conditioner and the scalp remedy spray has I had a bad case of itchy and dry scalp.

Don't know if it was the shampoo, the conditioner or the remedy spray or the combination of all the products - but this stuff works!
The itchyness and dryness is all gone - and pretty fast as well.

The conditioner feels rich, without leaving the hair heavy.

The scent is herbal.. and rather unisex.. not my thing either .. but I'll return to this product again if the itchyness returns.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not have serious scalp issues other than the occasional itchy scalp from sweat or hair product overload, but I do have color treated hair. I decided to try this conditioner and I'm glad I did. We have really hard water and most of my other conditioners left my hair crunchy and a tangled mess. This on the other hand left my hair so soft and easy to style after getting out of the shower. I massage it in, let sit for a minute or two, and rinse. Great results! It smells good too, herbal but not too strong.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jennadee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have scalp problems and I don't think this conditioner does anything to help that. TGel shampoo does all the work. This seems to be very moisturizing and I don't have static in my hair after using it. It's very thick and the smell isn't the greatest. I think I prefer Color Conserve conditioner both for the smell and consistency. Overall I don't think this aggravates my scalp but I'm not really a fan of rubbing it right into my scalp either. I wouldn't buy this again because it's so thick and I went through it too fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Aladyinredpolish

This is a good conditioner. I do not use it on the scalp, but the ends of my hair. I find it easy to style my hair after I use the conditioner. Unlike its partner (the shampoo) the smell is light and not so strong. Id recommend the conditioner but not the shampoo. I dont know about the effect on the scalp from the conditioner because I use it only on the ends of my hair, and it doesnt seem to weigh it down to much or cause the ends to become oily. Its overall pretty good, I do think it is a bit pricey for what it is though, but it feels healthy on my hair, so Id probably buy it agian. Ive been using it for 4 months now.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Jay_06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While the shampoo leaves a lot to be desired the conditioner does a good job at putting the moisture back in that was sucked out by the SB shampoo. I have wavy/curly long Med/Fine hair and it does an excellent job at de-tangling. It did take my hair a couple of washes for it to get used to but once it did it was all good. I don't suffer from a flaky scalp but my SO does and the Scalp Benefits Range does nothing for him.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by PoppiesForThePirates

MY HAIR : fine, thin, straight, oily flaking scalp + roots and dry everywhere else.

TIME USING THIS : about two weeks, every shower

COST : $13-15 for 6.7 oz

PACKAGING : Wonderful! It's in a squeeze bottle/tube so not only is it sanitary, but the right amount always comes out and you will be able to get every last bit out! I hate when bottles of conditioner pour out too much. With this, I haven't had a problem!

OTHER NOTES : I have really fine, thin hair and my hair has not been weighed down by this conditioner! It rinses clean (though your hair won't be SQUEAKY clean. That's good, though. Squeaking hair = dried out hair.) and my scalp feels wonderful! I have issues with flaking year round and this in conjunction with Giovanni's Tea Tree shampoo has made SUCH a difference in my scalp in only a short amount of time! The smell is something else. Very... Earthy! Once rinsed out, my hair smells fine (a bit Earthy still, but nothing strong) but PHEW! Be prepared when you put it in. I'm used to it now, but the first two or three times weren't pleasant.

INGREDIENTS :

Aqueous Purified Water Extracts, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract (Coneflower), Salvia Officinalis Leaf Extract (Sage), Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Behenamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Dimethiconol Meadowfoamate, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Fragrance (Parfum **Please see Note), Stearyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Gluconate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this a long time ago along with its conditioner. Hated the shampoo but absolutely loved the conditioner. It was softening, detangling, and it made my hair really smooth. I never bought either of them again, but I am open to revisit the conditioner.