MAC Hue

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba Wax), Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wonderful pale pinky nude (more pink than peach or beige), wears well w a natural OR smoky eye. My fave way to wear this is w MAC Dipdown, MAC Painterly, & some mascara/brows (w face makeup) for an every day glam look. I like MAC Pure Zen a bit better for a nude but Hue is a lovely color nonetheless. It is fairly opaque which I'm not a big fan of sheer lipsticks--if I wanted something sheer I'd wear a Lipglass. Warning this is pale, like Creme Cup, Angel, Myth & Creme d'Nude so if you did not like those u may not like this & find it border lining on too pale/Kim K lips. They are kind of similar in intensity but different finishes.....MAC makes my fave lipsticks!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really, really like Hue! It is a glaze finish from Mac and gave me a lot more colour than I expected, in fact I could make it opaque. It is a gorgeous, easy to wear colour. It is a very pale, white based pink with a bit of shimmer to it but it definitely does not look frosty. It applies easily and wears very well, again surpassing my expectations. It lasted through eating light snacks and a couple of drinks, but needs to be touched up after a meal, however that is to be expected with such a light colour in a finish such as this. I am NC20 with almost-black hair and dark features and Hue is a good few shades lighter than my natural lip colour. However, the pinkness prevents it from becoming a concealer-lips shade. It can be worn subtly, with a bare face or minimal makeup and will make you look natural and pretty or it can be worn with a smokey eye for a dramatic, party/clubbing look. This is a go-to shade, can be applied on the go, wears well and is a must have for those seeking a natural looking nude. This lipstick surpassed all expectations I had for it.

I really wish Hue worked for me. It's such a pretty, easy shade: a sheer, flattering, peachy nude that lightens up my pigmented lips without making me look deathly. However it picks up every flaw on my lips. The MAC Glaze formula is hit or miss for me, Hue was a miss unforch :(

If you have more wrinkly lips like me, I would try this on first and walk around for an hour or so before taking the plunge just to see how it wears. If you don't like it, don't write off the Glaze formula - Hot Tahiti is a perfect lipstick if there ever was one!

I really like Hue. I'm quite pale so I usually only use this with a bit of fake tan.. perfect nude lip on a night out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before I jump to a review on this product, can I just say that $36 for a MAC lipstick is a ridic price to pay. MAC, please make the prices in Australia more reasonable.

Anyway, beisdes the price, I do really love the classic packaging of MAC lipsticks. Its really simple and classy I think, I just love the look of them. Plus they're super lightweight and really easy to pop in your handbag. Can we also just take a moment to appreciate the heavenly vanilla smell of these?

As for the product, I think its quite nice. A really smooth and creamy formula thats rerally hydrating on my lips, and the colour is just aboslutley stunning. A really beautiful soft pastel pink colour with peachy undertones. I love wearing this lipstick because it really enhances my smile and makes my teeth look super white, so I love wearing it with both day and night looks. Plus the peachy undertones of the lipstick really bring out my green eyes so I also really love it for that reason.

I do have a couple of problems with this lipstick though. The first thing is that this lipstick is super sheer. Maybe because it's a glaze lipstick I'm not too sure, but I was expecting more pigmentation. It is easy to build up the colour, but it would be nice if it was a little more pigmented. I also find sometimes if I dont build it up the colour can stick to the cracks and lines in my lips and make my lips look gross, so I dont wear this lipstick when my lips are cracked. The other thing is that on some days when my skin is discoloured (which can happen sometimes because I'm really pale) it tends to wash me out a little. It only ever happens rarely, but I just think thats something to consider if your super super pale.

In summary, I really love this lipstick and I see it being quite a universal lipstick on all skintones. Despite a couple of little problems, I'll probably re-purchase.

This was second ever bought lipstick from MAC and definitely most used one!

Hue is a best selling shade and I totally get why. This is your perfect warmish-nude, that has a slight peach undertone to it. It doesn't look ghostly or chalky on the lips as say Myth or other matte nude colours by MAC.

This is also a great lipstick to wear underneath a colourful lip gloss; if you basically want your lip gloss to stand out - apply this beforehand as a base for the gloss to pop.

Hue is a good choice for those of you who look for their first MAC lipstick.

For swatches and more info on other best selling MAC shades feel free to use the blog link below. Hope it helps!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This nude shade is great for all those people with natural light lips. But for people with red (and very pigmented) lips I don't see how this is supposed to work. Even if I swipe it over my lips several times I just leaves a weird and way too light color on my lips.
Unfortunately I have learned way too late, that MAC lipsticks all have very different pigmentations and from now on I only purchased Matte and Amplified finishes.

At first I hated this lipstick..I was so disappointed having paid 15 for a lipstick that I had done extensive research on that just didn't look the way I expected it to on me (bad thing about beauty blogs..products..especially lipsticks..never look the same on two people..). Anyway, I hated how pink it was and how it did nothing to compliment my fair skin tone after having read so many times that it was great for those with paler skin. It was far too 'Barbieish' and so not what I wanted from a lipstick.

However, having recently started an office job after finishing uni I reached for this in a hurry the other day and just dabbed it lightly on my lips instead of dragging it across my lips. Wow. What a difference it makes. When you gently dab this on your lips it becomes a beautiful light pinky colour with a slight gloss that gives the appearance of fuller lips and a healthy colour.

I have really pigmented lips so I like lipsticks that can tone that down a bit and this one is ideal for that..as well as for wearing to work to still look smart and professional.
Give this one a go and play about with different forms of application and you'll love it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is by far my all time FAVORITE nude lipstick. It is the pretties light shade of nude/pink, not to mention the fact that I love the smell of MAC lipstick. Just a recommendation, I love to pair this with the MAC "In Synch" lipliner and "Fashion Scoop" lipgloss. If your looking for that pretty pink color to wear for summer this combo is amazing :).;

I am not a fan of this lipstick even though I've used it a lot.

Firstly, it is very sheer, and that automatically means the pigmentation is not great. I don't find this a very buildable lipstick as well. Too many swaps may look you washed out (it's somehow white-ish) plus it doesn't apply well.

Okay, let's say application and colour payoff is something subjective. However, I do not suggest to give that amount of money for a lipstick that doesn't have lasting power. You can find much better in drugstore brands. Even some chapsticks will do the same thing.

Recommended for Medium Skin