August 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Daddyo shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Sulphates.
Sulphates in the second and third position on the ingredients list. Sodium Alkyl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

Parabens.
Both Methylparaben & Propylparaben. Bottom of the ingredients list.

No thanks.

I have an unnatural hair color, I use 'Ultrablue' by Stargazer, have done for years. Never has a shampoo stripped my color so fast!! My color life was shortened by about 3 weeks!

I feel sad really, its like everyone gets to be in love with Lush but me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After trying other brands of purple shampoo and them falling short, I stumbled on this Lush shampoo. They had a small bottle for only 10$ so I was happy to give this a try. I am not the biggest fan of Lush hair products as I have tried a couple and they have failed miserably.

This shampoo has a nauseating smell, a cross between flowers and old spice. Mixed together, terrible combination.

The shampoo did lather well but I didn't notice much in terms of the toning . To top off the repulsive smell, this shampoo made me break out unlike any time ever. There were pimples in my hair line and on my forehead. I will not be giving this shampoo a second chance. Stay away from this shampoo if you are acne prone or sensitive. Such a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an ok shampoo - it cleans really well, maybe a bit too much. I use it more as a clarifying shampoo as it can be drying.

I'm not sure on the toning effects as I don't use it for that purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since I bleached my hair ~2 months ago this has been the shampoo I've used. I used to use trichomania solid shampoo, but this was far too harsh for my new treated hair.
I leave it in for about 3 minutes and then rinse it out. It definitely helps with the brassiness, especially when used alongside a toner and/or purple conditioner.
It's quite a runny liquid so it usually ends up all over my shower! I always make sure to rinse it off the shower walls before I get out because I don't want to stain the walls.
The smell isn't as nice as some of the other Lush shampoos in my opinion, but I'm willing to sacrifice the nicer smells for a product that helps my hair. If you're not sure, definitely go in store and have a sniff first because it's a pretty strong smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Luuuna

I bought this shampoo for my highlighted hair(copper) to prevent it from being brassy. Apparently, you have to lather and leave the shampoo in your hair for about 3 to 5 minutes and rinse it to to ensure that the colour in your hair doesn't go brassy.

I have used for weeks and i don't see it doing anything to stop my hair from looking rusty but it does keep my hair clean. So i suppose this shampoo is just like any other shampoo;there's nothing special about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by dutchessnkiki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this shampoo after a Lush sales associate recommended this for my hair type. For reference I have colored my hair a medium blonde and my hair is med in thickness with natural wave. I don't mind the smell of this nor the price, I will spend extra money for hair products if they work. I got this in October and the bottle now is just under half full so it does last me a while however it has damaged my hair. I've had 2 haircuts since I started using this and in Nov. Had to have 1/2 an inch cut off from dry ends and when I just went to have another trim had to have a inch cut off. My hair dresser has been cutting my hair for yrs and was shocked with the condition of my hair. So I purchased some new shampoo and my hair already is looking better even my husband has mentioned it is looking better and not as dry. I'm sad this didn't work out for me as I am in love with Lush's body and bath products but the hair products just haven't worked out for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never actually fully bought the product but due to LUSH being very generous with samples I have tried this shampoo maybe 6 or 7 times. I used it for a while on my freshly ombred hair , to try and tone the orange ness down. It worked well and reduced my brassy ombré to Carmel brown. However now that my hair is tonned I will not use this, it's too expensive for me and it seems to be deteriorating the condition of my hair by drying it out and not cleansing my roots properly. But if I re ombred my hair I may use this in conjunction with other products to tone again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by rgliponeo

I thought I'd try this out as I love Lush bath/shower products. I have naturally black hair and have been bleaching it blonde for the past 4 years. Been using this for a few months now and am not too pleased with the product. I find it actually very irritating to my scalp and it has even caused my scalp to become dry and flaky. For a purple shampoo it does tone, but I have found many other purple shampoos with the same effect, without leaving my scalp so dry. Waiting till it runs out and will not use again....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by 26random5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is okay it leaves my hair really clean but doesn't dry it out. I was told in the store that it makes hair a bit lighter which I think it does as my friend used it repeatedly on the bottom half of her hair and it went a lot lighter after a couple of months however this product doesn't really stand out to much to me but would be perfect for someone with lighter hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The LUSH Daddy-O Shampoo is simply wonderful.
I bought this shampoo randomly as I was shopping at LUSH and was pretty much picking any products that caught my eye.
Daddy-O is a purple shampoo, which purple shampoos help tone brassiness in hair. Personally, I am a brunette, but I don't feel like it really matters as I really do not see a major difference in the loss of brassiness in my hair at all. Nonetheless, I don't really care that it doesn't remove brassiness all that well, because this shampoo is amazing at cleaning the hair effectively but at also leaving it with the perfect amount of moisture as well. It smells very unique; like lemons but also like this sweet floral scent as well. I can't put my hand on the exact smell, but it is definitely different than anything I have ever smelled before. It really grew on me the more I used it.
Lemon is the first ingredient in here and lemons are known to really brighten the hair, making it super shiny, which I definitely can tell.
I really recommend this shampoo to really any hair types, I feel like it would work well on oily hair just as well than on dry hair.