November 26, 2014 | 948 users online

Eye Shadow - Shu Uemura - Eye Shadow

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by bubblybee

Beautiful range of colors, long staying power, blends beautifully. They are quite expensive, but they quality is really impressive, so I'll keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Damroka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot believe how much money I've spent on these eyeshadows. But they are really fine. I'm 47 yrs old so my eyelids are a little "crepey" (what a word), and I have to stick to neutral colors without a lot of sparkle. I have one quad in matte creams & browns and it is the bees knees. The mattes are incredibly subtle and blendable so you can do shading & contouring very nicely with them. Best of all, they don't make my eyelids look dry. They build up the eye drama without hitting you over the head. I have another quad in pearl colors, and these are gorgeous, but I think it looks most elegant to use these sparingly. Usually I just use one at a time, a wash of color on the lid with a little eyeliner. The packaging is smart—you can make your own quad combos & switch out colors as you see fit. But put it all together—the case and four shadows—and you're looking at spending 75 bucks! Crazy. Still, I would repurchase b/c these shadows never look tacky and they don't irritate my supersensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by LauraDonskoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Shu Uemura eyeshadows are the best! On my hooded eyes they last longer than MAC or any other eye shadows. The color range and finish are superb, the texture is great, it applies easily and beautifully. My absolute favorite is the red one. 5 lippies from me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by styra

There're lots of colours to pick from. It's quite lasting, especially in humid Singapore and my rather oily eyelids. I don't use an eye shadow primer (I know I should) yet the colours still stay and they don't become patchy. However, I must say the colour intensity is not very strong. What looks really vibrant and intense in the palette doesn't translate when it's on the skin. Maybe a primer would have helped, I don't know. Nevertheless, I have a couple of colours from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by chantal_wee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the eyeshadows! It stays the whole day and even if i take a nap with it, it's still there!

Love the colors as some colors like MAC are too bold for me. The colors are just right and it can be used for work and also for evening dinners. The color on the palette does not seem nice, but once you put in on your eyes, it's just gorgeous!

My favourite eyeshadow of all time!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Littlemango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice colours and powder staying power is impressive !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was not fan of the Shu Uemura blush because it never gave me the glow everybody were talking about but instead of the glow I got dry fake matte finish. But these (powder) shadows are another story. Using the same standard eye shadow base routine that I always use with all my shadows, I still get color disappearing or creasing with shadows, I never use UDPP though because I dont like it. BUT These shadows are vibrant and they stay that way! I love MAC shadows too but they arent as long lasting as these. These are the best shadows I have ever used. I never thought one shadow is better than another I always thought thats just a hype, but seriously, this shadow is not a hype, not for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by darlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Shu Uemura products are not cheap, but they are of superb quality. The color range and texture are just wonderful. Will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by pr1ncessaeris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These eyeshadows are true gems! While they would work great on any skin tone, I especially love them on my Asian skin tone. Even the browns and taupes stand out; they have a slight shimmer/sheen to them without being glittery, and really make my eyes pop. They go on smooth, and stay around, no doubt.

For colors I use daily or often, I splurged on these. Otherwise they're definitely too expensive for my budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE these eyeshadows! I have M Yellow 300 and IR Blue 600 and they are both so finely milled and give quite nice pigmentation. Definitely worth it, the blue one is a HG :)