October 2, 2014 | 1880 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by AcapellaDitty

Jungle is completely love/hate. I personally love it ! Yes it can be difficult to use (usually i break off a piece and rub it between my hands until it becomes a white paste) but its worth it for both the smell (Jungle-y) and the way it makes my super-thick hair manageable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Rakhiv

I can see why this product isn't for everybody, but it's definitely for this girl right here! I have mostly straight, slightly wavy South Asian hair. I personally LOVE the smell of this conditioner, and that the fragrance is long-lasting. The rest of my review is based solely on product performance: a lot of people seem to have a hard time applying this conditioner, but I literally just glide it down the length of my hair, just as I would with the dry shampoos from LUSH. At this point, your hair will feel more squeaky than slippery, but that's okay! It's still working. It's when you rinse this conditioner out that the true magic of this product comes through. It rinses out without any sticky residue (if you use the right shampoo beforehand) and leaves a nice "slip" to your hair as it dries. This is great for styling and I've found it especially helpful because it doesn't contribute to excess buildup when I add in my styling products prior to blow drying. I don't personally use this conditioner in the winter, because I prefer a heavier conditioner in cold weather, but for the Spring and Summer, LUSH Jungle Conditioner is where it's at. Two thumbs up from me, I can't live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by EmiTheGreat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the scent, I love it I love it I LOVE IT <3 And the scs alson reason why I buy it again and again. It smells like fresh cut grass, reminds me of holidays. :)

It comes in a compact bar and Lush says, you should ru it all ober your hair and rince it out. But I use it different:

I first cut it into little pieces, then add boiling water to create a thick paste. Then I add another conditioner to make a thinner paste. Finally, I add some olive oil. This paste should be stored in the fridge, but is way easier to apply than the block and is more nourishing. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Kraeker3

This is the worst product I have ever used. You cannot lather this at all and it is impossible to use. It smelled absolutely horrible. My hair felt disastrous after using this and could not believe that they actually sell something so horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by LemurLover95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: . Hair is so much more manageable, soft and shiny now . Smells lovely . Hair has been more curly since I started using it,which I love . When my hair looks a bit dry, I gently rub the bar on it (when the bar's dry of course!), gently comb it through and the hair's nice and moisturised . Vegan . Packed with natural ingredients . Environmentally friendly . Not tested on animals . Lasts ages. I've had mine six weeks, and there's still over three quarters of it left! Cons: . Takes trial and error to find the right method . If not rinsed out properly can leave a couple of curls looking greasy

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lushie22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, so i'm just going to say how pleased I am with this product, it feels amazing, and smells awesome. i'm 13, so this is the perfect light conditioner for my young hair. but how do you use it? I was faced with this question when I first used it. But then, when I accidentally left it in a little puddle of water, I worked it out. I used the bit that turned white, rubbed it into my hands, and then placed it in my hair!! I love it and it lasts for (almost) ever!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by santinig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really really happy with this conditioner! I had been using lush's solid shampoos for a while but I would always stick with a drug store conditioner. I'm happy I decided to give it a try - it makes my hair extremely soft, visibly thicker and oh god, I looove the smell, it lasts for so long! I use this in combination with Lush's New Shampoo and I have been amazed by the results so far. Concerning the application, I like mixing a little chunk of it in a bit of hot water, but it works also in it's solid form, the only thing is that, as already mentioned, you cannot expect it to lather as well as "regular" conditioners, but you will definitely feel it once your hair is dry! Will definitely buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupEllie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Difficult to use and the smell was overpowering and not pleasant. I am a huge fan of the solid shampoos that LUSH makes, so I thought I would try the conditioner. Getting the conditioner on my hair wasn't as easy as with the shampoos and even after my hair was dry and styled, all I could smell was the overpowering pine-y, woodsy scent. The way my hair felt after using it was good, but considering the other negative factors I would not buy this again, but I hope LUSH tries again with another solid conditioner option.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Smells deliciousóvery earthy.
-Natural product.

CONS:
-Hard to distribute through hair.
-Have to use a lot more product than the typical shampoo bar from LUSH.
-Price, considering how quickly you will need to replace.

BOTTOM LINE:
Would consider repurchasing, but would probably try something new. I feel great about having a natural product in my hair, but it is very hard to coat the ends. I find that I have to take the bar and literally rub it on the ends of my hair in a downward motion, and then once coated, use my fingers to massage it through. It does not act like a typically conditioner in the sense that it doesnít make your hair feel super soft in the shower. Instead, you put it in, rinse it out, and then it will feel better after it dries. I am using this in conjunction with LUSHís Jumping Juniper shampoo bar and so far, so good, but Iím not sure that itís worth $10 since Iíve only used it twice and itís already significantly smaller than when I first used it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Akienna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this conditioner!

I was wary at first about using a solid conditioner, but I'm glad I did!

It's very small, and green, and I'm not exactly a huge fan of the scent, but it's nice enough, a bit earthy, and for how the product works I'm a-okay with it!
It's also quite affordable at about roughly $10/bar, it's a deal, because it lasts quite a long time.

Perhaps the most awkward thing about using the Jungle Solid Conditioner is the fact that when it's in your hair, you can't feel it like you can other conditioners.
A lot of the other conditioners I've used have had silicone in it, which gives the hair that slick feeling when you have it in. Jungle doesn't have any in it, so it feels completely different.

Using it can be a bit tricky! Here's what I do! I make sure my hair is completely wet, and then I take the bar, let it run under the hot water for a few seconds, then I smooth it all along the length of my hair, If I feel like I haven't gotten enough it, I'll rub the bar between my palms to get some product on it, then apply it to my hair, focusing on the ends and avoiding my scalp.

You won't be able to feel it, but trust me it's there! My hair feels soft and moisturized when it's dry, whether it was an air or a blow dry.

Now, this being said, because everyone has different hair types, this is not guaranteed to work for everyone. My hair is wavy, thick and tends to be a bit on the dry side, and it works wonderfully for me.

It's a great conditioner for traveling or if you're environmentally conscious. I gave this a 5/5 for packaging because there was none, and I consider no unnecessary packaging a great thing!