LUSH Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this, I have issues with hair falling out and Lush Retread conditioner works great for me but I was hoping this would have a bit more slip and last longer. It does last a long time, which is something I have also found with the solid shampoos but it's not moisturizing enough for me. Like a lot of Lush products I am not a big fan of the scent of this. Would recommend for someone with normal to oily hair but not dry hair. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I like LUSH Jungle solid hair conditioner, but I don't LOVE it, and here is why:

Pros: I feel like it's a good quality product, my hair feels very soft after using it. The smell is alright, in my opinion (nothing amazing, but better than some other hair products by LUSH). Very convenient when traveling.

Cons: it takes me ages to properly apply it on my hair... It does not melt easily when I need it to, but - ironically - it melts quite fast if I don't dry it well after using (lost quite a bit of the product when once left it to sit in a humid bathroom). Too much hassle to use it on long and thick hair like mine.

While Jungle conditioner is OK, I definitely prefer Veganese creamy conditioner by LUSH. Same great quality, but easier to use.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried to like this solid conditioner but it is awful. Makes your hair sticky and waxy. It's unfortunate though because it smells Devine. I just use it as a hand treatment and rub it in between my hands and then rinse off the excess..and it seems to work well that way.

My go to for travelling, I've been using this for around 8 years on and off. It isn't the most moisturising thing I've used on my rather dry and very thick hair but it's good enough, I just add a bit extra to my ends and do my my usual routine (air dry in two or three braids to avoid puffiness). Note: I do not color or heat style my hair so if you have damage this may not do anything for you. I think it would work best on normal to oily hair but my dry fuzzy hair does respond well to it.

I understand that the usage of it is not very straight forward, and like the shampoo bars, takes some experimenting.

I just run it down the shaft of my hair, it gets easier when its in the tin and one side goes a bit mushy (the opposite of what you want with the shampoo bars! Dry them out of the shower for longevity) And you just run the softer side down the hair. If it's too hard I just use my swiss knife to scrape a bit into the lid and add some water, by the time you finish shampooing etc it's ready to use. It feels like nothing in your hair, it doesn't have that slip a good liquid conditioner has but my hair seems well moisturiser afterwards.

Smell: its a love it or hate it. I think it smells fruity, tropical and a tiny bit piney. Love it. Sometimes when its been sitting in my travel toiletry bag and I haven't used it in a while, I open it and sniff it.

All round - a decent conditioner for even dry hair, ideal for travelling particularly if you backpack as I like to, and smells really fresh.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing! This makes my hair so silky but not weighed down & smells so awesome. This & Big Conditioner were my first Lush conditioners & sparked a big love affair w Lush for me. This smells like camping & pine & campfires w marshmallows in summer & throw in a tropical note. That's how I'd describe the scent it's just lovely & coaxes out the curl in my naturally curly hair w/o frizz. I just coat my ends & leave in a minute or so & rinse. I'm obsessed w shampoo & conditioner bars. I'm planning a trip to Lush tomorrow in fact :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a very good conditioner for dry brittle hair. A tip would be melting the conditioner like ny other ones out there and then apply it while showering.

It smells exotic and conditions the hair amazingly well! I had no problems gliding the bar on the ends of my hair. For extra coverage, I also melted some product onto my hand and smoothed the butter all over my hair ends. Smell lingers after shower. Product is competitively priced too. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What a surprise this was after the disaster of the Lush Big Solid conditioner. I found this easy to use and genuinely effective as a conditioner. It's left my hair soft and silky and with a lovely but strong earthy scent.

To Use: It's not all that obvious how to use the lush solid conditioner bars. I like to hold this under the shower for a few seconds and then lather it between my hands for half a minute to get enough to start massaging it into my hair. The jungle bar actually starts to lather unlike the big solid one. Massaging is definitely the best action here, it really needs to be worked in because it's not as slippery as bottle conditioners. Then I smooth the bar down the lengths of my hair. It rinses out easily enough and detangles much better than I expected.

My hair feels soft and silky, but also really clean and product free. I'm finding that when I wash my hair in the evening, it is still fluffy in the morning, not greasy. Even my fringe/bangs look freshly washed the next day. All you ladies with a fringe/bangs will understand what a novelty this is-I need to keep my fringe free of most conditioners to keep it looking freshly washed and not like it's been stuck under a wooly hat in a car with no air conditioning in July, but this one isn't a problem. It's probably something to do with it not being slippery, I guess it doesn't coat the hair as thickly.

I like to use this after one of Lush's various solid shampoos. I'm on a quest to reduce my waste, so I'm especially pleased that this works so well for me. That's another plastic bottle I don't need to buy.

Great compliment to shampoo bars. I bought a shampoo tin to store this and it's a great conditioner - in a pinch, I've used it on my arms and legs while still in the shower for a boost of moisture for my skin. Fragrance is amazing - light, fruity, cocoa buttery.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. because it allows me to pack one less liquid in my suitcase :) I've taken this conditionier all over the world, because it's so easy to use and does the job when I need to condition my insanely think, mid back length, curly hair. I honestly didnt expect it to work, but I use as directed.. no paste necessary, and I can come out the tangles that form in my hair with zero problems. I'll be keeping this product in my carry on and just realized it had cocoa butter in it - no wonder can keep up so well with my high end products at home. I'm pretty impressed!

Top Rated LUSH Products