LUSH Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

on 5/17/2015 10:03:00 AM

It smells exotic and conditions the hair amazingly well! I had no problems gliding the bar on the ends of my hair. For extra coverage, I also melted some product onto my hand and smoothed the butter all over my hair ends. Smell lingers after shower. Product is competitively priced too. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this!

on 2/11/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What a surprise this was after the disaster of the Lush Big Solid conditioner. I found this easy to use and genuinely effective as a conditioner. It's left my hair soft and silky and with a lovely herbal scent.

To Use: It's not all that obvious how to use the lush solid conditioner bars. I like to hold this under the shower for a few seconds and then lather it between my hands for half a minute to get enough to start massaging it into my hair. The jungle bar actually starts to lather unlike the big solid one. Massaging is definitely the best action here, it really needs to be worked in because it's not as slippery as bottle conditioners. Then I smooth the bar down the lengths of my hair. It rinses out easily enough and detangles much better than I expected.

My hair feels soft and silky, but also really clean and product free. I'm finding that when I wash my hair in the evening, it is still fluffy in the morning, not greasy. Even my fringe/bangs look freshly washed the next day. All you ladies with a fringe/bangs will understand what a novelty this is-I need to keep my fringe free of most conditioners to keep it looking freshly washed and not like it's been stuck under a wooly hat in a car with no air conditioning in July, but this one isn't a problem. It's probably something to do with it not being slippery, I guess it doesn't coat the hair as thickly.

I like to use this after one of Lush's various solid shampoos. I'm on a quest to reduce my waste, so I'm especially pleased that this works so well for me. That's another plastic bottle I don't need to buy.

on 2/3/2015 5:32:00 PM

Great compliment to shampoo bars. I bought a shampoo tin to store this and it's a great conditioner - in a pinch, I've used it on my arms and legs while still in the shower for a boost of moisture for my skin. Fragrance is amazing - light, fruity, cocoa buttery.

on 1/17/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. because it allows me to pack one less liquid in my suitcase :) I've taken this conditionier all over the world, because it's so easy to use and does the job when I need to condition my insanely think, mid back length, curly hair. I honestly didnt expect it to work, but I use as directed.. no paste necessary, and I can come out the tangles that form in my hair with zero problems. I'll be keeping this product in my carry on and just realized it had cocoa butter in it - no wonder can keep up so well with my high end products at home. I'm pretty impressed!

on 12/8/2014 2:56:00 AM

I love this stuff for my fine, sometimes dry, ultra-curly hair but I get nothing out of it if I just rub the bar on wet hair as instructed. Instead I break off small pieces of it and let it sit with some water in a travel tin until it softens. Then I use it either as a regular conditioner or a leave in treatment. Used this way I get a lot of mileage out of the small amount.
The scent definitely lingers, which I like. It smells like pine and vetiver and something fruity. So if you smell it in the store and hate the scent - do not buy.
Jungle makes my hair soft and fluffy and combats some of the frizzing effects of cold winter weather and hat wearing. I think there are similar silicone free conditioners (from Alaffia, Kiehl's, etc.) that do just as well but I like jungle's scent and lack of packaging waste.

on 11/11/2014 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this for about 8 months. I didn't use it in conjunction with solid shampoo, just with my regular shampoo. I have somewhat coarse, dry hair. I didn't like running the bar over my hair, so I put little chunks in water and made a paste. So I would wash, use a light ACV rinse and then follow up with Jungle. I also used the paste as a leave in afterwards, mixing it with Biolage smoothing shine milk.
I actually liked this conditioner. It was by no means the best for my hair, I prefer liquid conditioner overall..But - it smelled wonderful and left my hair relatively smooth and quite shiny. I didn't find it as moisturizing as I need. And actually, I much preferred using it as a leave in.
It was fun to try and the price is fair, as one bar lasted me about 4 month with regular use.
*** I found that a bit of experimenting was required with this product. Too little or too much can be bad. Don't give up if you hate it the first time. Read the reviews on Lush site and check some YouTube videos. There is more than one or two ways to use this stuff. ***

on 11/2/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair is fine medium length. I love this product. It smells good like a fresh earthy forest. I usually wet the bar on warm water then slide onto my hair. Leave the hair for about 5 minutes. Then wash it. You will not feel your hair soften immediately, but once the hair dries, It feels very soft and smells good.

Jungle is completely love/hate. I personally love it ! Yes it can be difficult to use (usually i break off a piece and rub it between my hands until it becomes a white paste) but its worth it for both the smell (Jungle-y) and the way it makes my super-thick hair manageable.

on 5/20/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I can see why this product isn't for everybody, but it's definitely for this girl right here! I have mostly straight, slightly wavy South Asian hair. I personally LOVE the smell of this conditioner, and that the fragrance is long-lasting. The rest of my review is based solely on product performance: a lot of people seem to have a hard time applying this conditioner, but I literally just glide it down the length of my hair, just as I would with the dry shampoos from LUSH. At this point, your hair will feel more squeaky than slippery, but that's okay! It's still working. It's when you rinse this conditioner out that the true magic of this product comes through. It rinses out without any sticky residue (if you use the right shampoo beforehand) and leaves a nice "slip" to your hair as it dries. This is great for styling and I've found it especially helpful because it doesn't contribute to excess buildup when I add in my styling products prior to blow drying. I don't personally use this conditioner in the winter, because I prefer a heavier conditioner in cold weather, but for the Spring and Summer, LUSH Jungle Conditioner is where it's at. Two thumbs up from me, I can't live without it!

on 5/18/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the scent, I love it I love it I LOVE IT <3 And the scs alson reason why I buy it again and again. It smells like fresh cut grass, reminds me of holidays. :)

It comes in a compact bar and Lush says, you should ru it all ober your hair and rince it out. But I use it different:

I first cut it into little pieces, then add boiling water to create a thick paste. Then I add another conditioner to make a thinner paste. Finally, I add some olive oil. This paste should be stored in the fridge, but is way easier to apply than the block and is more nourishing. :)

Top Rated LUSH Products