Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds - Mauvey Rocks

4.3

on 1/17/2007 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Slighty gritty, but I love the mauve and the sparkle. Plus it was on sale for $1.29 at CVS.

on 10/14/2005 9:41:00 PM

I got this for free when I bought a Maybelline wet shine fusion lipstick. I didn't expect much from this, but now am loving the colour! I put Clinique Colour Surge Impossibly Glossy in 116-Crushed Opal on top of it, which makes a good combination and to avoid drying up (as it does with my lips).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty, cool, rosy pink with a great amount of shine. It sometimes feels sandpapery when you apply it because of the sparkles, but the sandpapery gritty feeling isn't apparent once it's on. This is such a gorgeous color, and it fades very well.

on 1/28/2005 10:53:00 PM

This is a great lipstick- it's a brownish-pink color, very neutral, with little flecks of shimmer that pick up the light. The formula is light and moisturizing, and goes on smooth. I use this as a daytime lipstick, and it always looks neat and put-together.

on 1/19/2005 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very pretty color, sheer pinkish-plum with brown undertones, subtle with light glossy sheen and slight sparkle. It is moisturizing, makes my lips look naturally fuller and wears for a decent amount of time, though not as long as some of my Clinique lipsticks do. It's inexpensive and is a very versatile color. Also, there is a slight waxy taste, but it isn't all that noticeable.

on 2/7/2004 8:16:00 PM

I love the Wet Shine Diamonds Lipsticks, but some of them are so dry and gritty, and others are too glittery and loud.

Mauvey Rock is one of the better shades. It's not as dry or gritty, not as loud, and is a YLBB shade of light to medium mauvey plum with silver shimmer. continued >>

on 12/17/2003 3:38:00 PM

this is def ylbb shade for me. the sparkle isnt over the top like some of the diamonds lipstick line. i love it! will repurchase when i run out...if its still around!

on 12/5/2003 7:11:00 PM

This is one of the few lipsticks I've ended up going through several tubes of. It was my all time favorite pink. It's YLBB, not in-your-face, yet still with a pink hue. It basically it filled an essential part of my makeup needs, subtle but cool pink. I use the past tense though: since then, I've been using Amphigory.com's Merciful instead, or Prestige Cha-Cha gloss. It's the lasting power that finally was the kicker, or lack thereof, combined with THE WRETCHED PACKAGING. I was so sick of the tube coming apart in my purse and getting the lipstick skewered on a liner or something. But I still think this color is unique and great, and love the sparkliness, and I may well get sucked back into it next summer.

on 11/16/2003 12:02:00 PM

Bought it as a summer shade and it worked very well. It has a lot of sparkle and shine, fairly sheer when you put it on. I thought the color would be more purple, but instead it has a lot of brown undertones in it. So it is a calm pinkish brown. Had enough moisture for my lips in the summer and did not look extremely bright, more of a natural look. However, now I noticed it has a really waxy unpleasent smell to it. I liked the packaging when I bought it - it is pink with metal - nice and summery. I don't know if I will buy it again- the smell really bothers me.

on 9/17/2003 3:49:00 PM

Please see my other review for Sandstone Solitare. This two colors are quite similar, actually. Mauvey Rocks is darker and pinker, but because of the glitter, you can't really tell...especially on relatively more pigmented lips. The glitter is a downside, but I like the packaging and the color.

Popular Lipsticks