October 25, 2014 | 1324 users online

Fragrance - Christian Dior - Fahrenheit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pure sex in a bottle. Yes, its a late 80s/early 90s cologne but SO WHAT? So is Shalimar (80s), Opium (70s) and goodness knows how old Chanel no 5 is but people still rave about them so who cares when it was formulated?

Top notes: Hawthorn, Honeysuckle
Middle notes: Sandalwood
Base notes: Lenstiscus, Styrax

I find this cologne very unique. There is nothing I can compare it to. To me, its pure animalistic, fragrant, masculine, pheromonic sweat. I dont know why but this cologne does something very primal to me. When a man wears this, I am completely under his spell. LOVE it :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Goes on plastic smoke, very like Birch tar, and dries to lye soap. A suggestion of fake leather notes over the slightly fatty, dry-clean of homemade lye soap. Weird and sort of awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What more can be said about Fahrenheit that hasn't already been said? It is a nice musky masculine scent that is timeless, and is still sexy as ever!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I got a sample of this and both me and my DH found this scent repulsive. Reminded me of what I smell when I walk into a showroom full of automobile tires. Well, I guess it is a manly scent... if you like a man who smells like he does wheel balancing all day. Blech! Not for us! :oP

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I brought this for a guy I had a major crush on as a Christmas present way back in my teenie years. It is the most amazing masculine sexy scent and my number 1 fav on men. It is kinda of strong, and unfortunately my husband is not a fan of it, he is more into Hugo Boss scents, which I like too. But I have to admit, today when I get a whiff of this from any guy, I find myself doing a double take of that guy..... It will always be special for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Well...this frag is ageing so well (as first issued some 23 years ago, year 1988), I mean it's now a classic, like Eau Sauvage is (another timeless, winner men's cologne from Dior that is at least 40 years old). Of course the 2 frags have nothing in common a part the fact that they are tremendously well constructed and appealing, in their own peculiar way.
Fahrenheit is a chypre/mossy/floral musk built on some unique accord of voilets, leather and patchouli. Indeed it's unique and I never ever smelled such a refined and enticing mixture (well, dupes do not count!) in other frags.
Starts fresh and continues being round and spicy, warm and steady.. plenty of sillage and lasts until the day after.
As everybody says, that is sex in a bottle.
A bit overtly sported, the man wearing that is a self confident verging to "smartass" type of guy. He is hot! That is not for the shy ones!
I have to confess that I was a very young lady and Fahrenheit was all the rage being just out; I recall walking in the street and I smelled it on a refined young man; the frag was soooooo good that I followed the guy all the way, completely forgetting where I was headed to, I was just so oblivious inhaling his fragrance!! I was like mesmerized. Talk about the The Magic Flute in perfumery! :o)
No need to say that I have been buying this frag to all the guys I dated at the time.
A real masterpiece in fragrance!

_____________
Notes:
top note Mandarin, Bergamot
middle note Violet leaves, Nutmeg, Carnation
base note Vetiver, Patchouli, Leather

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is such a classic fragrance from Dior parfums.Has an oriental scent, sexy, mature, fire and reminds me of a high spirit. This unisex(actually men) fragrance is not really loving. Basically i love flowery scents, so i don't really like this fahrenheit smells. The packaging is Worst...bad colors combination and design, how come that Dior created a bad design packaging,while his rivalry chanel could create a classy-classic packaging design for her fenomenal no.5 coco chanel fragrance.The scent tends to be a man fragrance than mature woman scent(it's a Homme). Don't like!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my all time fav on my DH. Its woody, spicy and clean. Yes, all three...if your sweetie has never tried it, get them a small bottle, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is pure sexy in a bottle. Very woodsy, yet very soft with the sandalwood coming through.

Its a very sexy manly scent, without being overpowering. I can never stop smelling my husband when we wears this :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by subhuman85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Loathed it upon first sniff, having grown up on the fresh & friendly likes of CKOne and Lacoste Essential; now consider it my HG fragrance, my perfume avatar, the one I want to be buried with a bottle of. Goes on fresh, floral and herbal; quickly morphs into the smell of the inside of your garage, mid-July (lawnmower trimmings, gasoline, sawdust); then settles into a nutty, musky groove that calls to mind a warm leather jacket in the cooler months, and dry baked earth (or asphalt) in the summer. Dark, mesmerizing, and addictive; the "tall dark stranger" in fragrance form. Old-school in the best possible way. Were it up to me, every man on earth would smell like this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No