October 25, 2014 | 1730 users online

Blush - MAC - Cubic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still a novice when it comes to blushes and it's taken me quite some time to figure out what colors are flattering and natural. My skin is olive/tan so anything too dark makes me look ruddy and dirty and anything too bright makes me look slightly demented. I wanted something that literally mimics the color of my cheeks when I blush. It's been tough going because, left to my own devices, I tend to pick colors that are too dark. After buying a few Nars blushes that really didn't work for me, I decided to give MAC a try.

I went to the MAC counter about a month ago and the SA picked Cubic out for me. As soon as she applied it, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. It looks a tad scary in the pan (well, scary to me as pinks freak me out a bit) but it is the most natural, flattering blush I have ever used. It adds much needed warmth to my face but doesn't look fake. I also love that it contains no glitter. The color pay off is also excellent. I like a sheer wash of color so all it takes is one or two swipes and I'm done!

For the price (about $22) and the amount, I think this is a great buy. If you're looking for something that falls into the more natural category, Cubic is a great choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by jaimenoelle

Absolutely love this blush! It is seriously so beautiful on, and gives the most natural blush look to your face. Very buildable but still subtle. Probably in my top three all time favorite blushes! Gorgeous!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by LegitElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own a MAC X6 blush palette with six blushes: Dollymix, Fleur Power, Sincere, Style, Well Dressed, and- of course- Cubic. I was intrigued by this colour when I saw it online, and it intrigued me even more when I saw it in the MAC store. When I swatched it on the back of my hand, I liked how it looked. It was very different from all the other blushes that I own, which was the main reason why I bought it.
I tried on this colour with my MAC 129 brush on top of my Chanel Cream Blush in Inspiration to set it (it's a light, bright pink shade), and it looked so beautiful on my skin (I'm in NC 15). It is quite subtle alone, but it's still a beautiful colour either way. I wear it both with my Chanel cream blush, or by itself.
This colour may seem too boring for some, but I still think that it is a gorgeous colour for days when I only want to wear a small amount of colour on my cheeks. It's a refreshing change from Dollymix, Fleur Power, Sincere, and Style. (Well Dressed is also a pretty light shade, but I love that colour, too). If you are making a MAC blush palette, than I would highly recommend this colour!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to try this because of the great reviews, but I don't like this blush as much as I thought I would. The pros are that it is neutral and will work with all your makeup looks, it is foolproof because it's so lightly pigmented, and the price point is decent. The cons are that it's so lightly pigmented that it disappears within a couple of hours.

The color is a muted pinky-beige that would be perfect if it were more pigmented. I wear Warm Soul over it to give it a little dimension and it looks ok. Won't repurchase, but I will continue to wear it until I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by stls

Cubic is a pretty matte neutral fleshy pink with brown undertones. Thankfully the brown undertones aren't prominent to the point that it would look dirty on my fair skin (like Melba did for example)
I like it for a fall look that requires muted, sculpted cheeks with earthy eyeshadows and MLBB lip colors. But it's not one of blushes that make my face look healthy and glowy to be honest. It has enough pigmentation to show up easily but there's no mayor risk to end up overdone. Longevity is about average.
Overall Cubic has it's rightful place in my stash right now but I don't consider it a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by xLongLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush sat neglected in my palette for a year or so, I just started using it again and am amazed that I forgot how nice it is. I am an NC37/ Nars Stromboli girl and this comes off as a soft pink neutral cheek. Does take a couple of goes to get it to show up properly, so hard to over do.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't hate this product but I don't love it either. Its just kind of there. I like neutral blushes but I feel like because this is a neutral pink it makes my face look...ruddy and a bit dirty sometimes. I have used it on clients and it has looked great, but its up to the opinion of the wearer. I feel like this blush is a pass. Something like MAC prism is similar but just deeper in colour and actually adds something more to your look...instead of just being there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Although this blush may seem boring in the pan, it is the BEST blush I have ever found for my NC15 skin. I can use this no matter what look I am going for -- cool or warm colors on my eyes or lips -- it looks good with EVERYTHING. If someone was just looking to start their MAC collection and they had similar coloring to me this would be a must have for sure!! I will always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not sure what to think of this blusher so soon...I´m nw20 and doesn´t seem to show off a lot but you can tell is there, I love matte blushers and I think this should be labeled as matte as someone said already...I like it but think I prefer darker colours....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by inasaf

I love this color! I use it whenever I'm not sure what color of blush to use in the morning. The only thing is, sometimes I get too much of it on the brush and end up with a dark pink/brown stain on my cheek... maybe I need a better brush.