April 25, 2014 | 928 users online

Lip Gloss - Apt.5 Cosmetics - Lip Gloss #12

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 2:17:00 AM More reviews by franknbeans82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I picked this up during my trip to NYC last week!!! I had no idea, until I glanced at these reviews, that Duane Reade is the only one who carries Apt.5 stuff and is only located in NY. That makes me doubley glad that I thought to take a peak in there and grabbed a couple Apt.5 glosses! I remembered hearing something about them being good on MUA and couldn't resist trying them. Thank goodness for MUA b/c I would've never even known to check this stuff out otherwise. Anyhow, this l/g has become an instant favorite of mine. The color is gorgeous and looks nice w/ my complexion (medium brown). The shine is absolutely beautiful and longer-lasting than a lot of other glosses I own. It gives my lips this juicy "come hither" look that I LOVE! the packaging is very cute and mod-looking. The sole complaint that I have is that one of the l/gs that I got pulled out way too much gloss and made a bit of a mess. Hopefully that will be a one-time occurance, though. The price was on the high side for drugstore gloss...around $7, iirc. Too bad I was only in NYC for a vacation because otherwise, I would hoard Apt.5 l/g!

Update 6-4-06: I just want to say that my love for Apt.5 l/g has only grown since I've been using it for a few weeks now. It is truly better than any other l/g I own, and I hoard all kinds of l/g (including Mac Lipglass). This stuff doesn't get dull or lose it's color after wearing it for a while. It holds the same fresh, wet, shine from it's initial application. It also makes my lips look more juicy and kissable than any of my other glosses. It's just perfect! *RAVE* continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2004 3:38:00 PM More reviews by babyzebra

This is the poor man's Lipglass. The vanilla smell, texture, and overall effect is surprising close to MAC. The price is unbeatable! The packaging is beautiful but a bit impractical--too bulky to carry around. The rubber stopper is too tight so I have to dip in and out about 6 times to get a high gloss effect. But still, its a great lip gloss at a great price. I have black hair and fair skin and this color on me is very pretty for every day. Last but not least, this lip gloss has no taste, unlike others that taste like plastic or chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by jenaphile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If they sold these here in Florida, I might be tempted to re-purchase. It just took forever to ship. I was impressed by the thick, yummy consistency of the gloss, but it's a little too pink-y for my fair complexion. However, this is definitely a quality lip gloss, just maybe not the best for me. I found myself going back to my cheap Bonne Bell Mocha Mousse, which better suited me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2004 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Apt.5's LG-12 is a very pretty shimmery berry that is true to its appearance in the tube--no surprises. Like their other glosses, it has a nice consistency and a pleasant, mild scent. A great buy, and an up-scale looking package.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2004 5:12:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Yay! This is just what I was hoping it would turn out to be. It's a very wearable shimmery icy berry color on me. (Similar to Prestige's Vinyl Wear in Lush). And it smells delicious- like cake mix or something. The texture is nice and sticky, and it's quite pigmented and long lasting. A steal for the price. It is a behemoth of a lipgloss- won't fit too many of these in my bag! Not that I'm complaining they give you almost twice as much as some do. I'll probably never have to repurchase. Now... to find more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Cheapchic

This is one of my holy grail lip colors along with #4 which I also reviewed. I love everything about the shimmery berry plum color. This shade was very flattering on my NC30 skintone. The packaging was sleek and cK-ish. The scent was a pleasant vanilla similar to the Mac scent of lipglass. And only $6.50 USD. This shade would look lovely on yellow skin tones. I would repurchase in a heartbeat. If only Apt. 5 weren't so difficult to buy for a Canadian.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 11:02:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Apt 5 lip gloss in #12 is my holy grail rose lip color. I wish the Apt 5 container was smaller and round instead of square and sharp cornered but I cannot complain too much because you get a tremendous amount of product for a very small price. The staying power on these glosses equals Mac for me and I love the soft vanilla scent. I have bought these lip glosses in almost every color and haven't regretted any of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2003 7:04:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I want to thank the MUA gals that recommended this l/g to me!!! It is great!! I have used most of the high end brands and this ranks right up with them!!! Not to sticky and no smell what so ever!!! I don't mind the square container it is in and I know some of the gals don't like it. I think it looks more "upscale" to me. It has a great shine and it lasts as long as the other brands!!! Will purchase more of these!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2003 11:58:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Git this as well as 4 other wnd glosses today from Apt 5. Overall I am impressed with the texture, colors, and wear. I do not like the packaing however for the square boxy tubes are just far too much and make the tube unusually heavy of a lip gloss container. It's gonna take up some space to say the least in my make up bag. I got # 12, 14, 5, and 6 and all the colors are very good on my PPP skin tone. I was concerned however since cosmetics sites rarely have accurate colors and this compay does not name thier cosmetics, they just number them which is to say the least very annoying! Luckily their color swatches are close to accurate. I do not like that I have to twist the top back on like I;m closing a jar of something. I like to be able to push down and maybe twist once to seal, but these you push and twist and twist till finally sealed. Will not be able to apply while driving. Yeah, I know I shouldn't anyhow, but sometimes my lips get dry in my car and I like to just do a quick swipe, but won't be able to with these babies.UPDATE: Well, this has been my signature lip liner for a couple years+ now but alas I have to discontinue my support of Apt 5 as their customer service is far too horrific to deal with any longer. Some of the worst I have come across w/ an on-line retailer. Just no longer worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2003 2:08:00 AM More reviews by chichi82582

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These glosses are fantastic! The formula is smooth and not overly sticky, and they smell just like mac lipglasses. In fact, #12 is a slightly more rose toned version of Mac Lovechild with silvery shimmer instead of golden. Very wearable and flattering. Ordering off of the website is easy and they ship extremely fast! The e/s are also great from this line!