Alberto Vo5 Kiwi and Lime Squeeze Clarifying Conditioner

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Juice, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus) Extract, Kiwi (Actinidia Chinensis) Fruit Extract, Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia) Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), Stearalkonium Chloride, Steareth-21, Glyceryl Stearate, Benzophenonee-4, Corn Oil, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can usually find this conditioner at the dollar store or at Kmart for $2. I use it as a cowash and it works as well as Wen imo. It's very light yet nourishing and it never weighs my hair down. My hair feels light and fluffy when I use it. I use a very generous amount on wet hair and leave it in for about 15 minutes. I massage it in well paying particular attention to the root area. It smells amazing and rinses clean. It also has a nice amount of slip so detangling is easy. I stopped using Wen because it was so expensive and I was looking for something to replace it. I discovered VO5 Kiwi Lime on the hair board and am so glad I did. It's the perfect cowash for me. It leaves my hair clean, soft and bouncy with tons of body. It's a great cowash for even the finest hair. It has proven to be a great alternative to Wen and it's dirt cheap. Who could ask for more? Sometimes you find a gem hidden at the drugstore and this is one of those gems. It works really well for me and I'm sure it would work well for you too. If your hair is really dry, you may want to use one of the other VO5 conditioners as a cowash. My hair is slightly dry and this Kiwi Lime formula is enough hydration for me. But if your hair is dry/damaged, one of the other formulas might be better for you. I definitely recommend this formula as a cowash. It never strips my color and it leaves my hair looking and feeling healthy, soft and light.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I use this as a cowash, in between shampoos since I started working out. I like the smell, and it does not strip my hair or dry it out. I don't like that it's so runny, since I go through so much of it quickly but the price cannot be beat.

I used to use Suave for clarifying but when I saw these at Tops for about a dollar in huge bottles, I had to try.
I love moisturizing products but sometimes my hair needs a switch. This lathers well, is fragrant, and cleans my hair really nicely without drying it out or making my skin itch. I combine it with the Shine And Glow oil spray or the Simply Stunning leave-in which don't overwhelm my senses.
I would say this is one of the better clarifying shampoos because you can't get much more for the price and it goes well with other VO5 products.

I love their shampoo lines but HATE their conditioners, and I've given them a fair shot. I'm faithfully devoted to the kiwi lime shampoo, which I also use as a body wash sometimes, but the conditioner makes my hair feel dirty and dry. It's very thin and doesn't spread nicely; the aftermath is stringy, coated, icky hair because the rinse-out is so difficult. The very opposite is true of the shampoos as they lather and rinse well. I was surprised the conditioners were so bad.
I pair my shampoo with either Simply Stunning leave-in also by VO5 and/or Suave detangler.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I picked this up for $0.79 cents at Kroger along with the matching shampoo. I use both about once or twice a week. The texture of this is pretty light, which is perfect for me. I have really short medium fine hair. Sometimes I need a break from the really heavy conditioners. This leaves my hair soft and shiny with tons of body. Plus I really love the light fruity fragrance. If you wash your hair frequently like I do, this is a nice conditioner to add to your rotation.

This is actually pretty nice. Its got a nice smell to it that lasts for a while. It kinda softens my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this as a co wash. I also use it quite a bit as a regular rinse out conditioner especially in the summer when my hair doesn't need a lot of moisture. It has protein in it (which my hair LOVES), although I don't know if it's really enough to make a difference or if I'm just imagining it. I also really like the smell. The only problem with it is that I have to be careful of not getting near my scalp if I use it as a leave-in. There is something in it that builds up and makes my scalp itchy. Other than that, this is a staple, and at less than a dollar a bottle, a really good deal.

PROS:
lightweight
good for co washing
good for protein-craving hair
nice smell
cheap

CONS:
not good for hair that needs a lot of moisture
can build up on scalp

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this along with the kiwi lime shampoo. My hair is long, straight, fine, color treated. My bangs get very oily so I decided to try it based on good reviews. The shampoo was VERY DRYING. I used the conditioner.... it's VERY thin ..... runny, but felt ok. Once rinsed out my hair was not as easy to comb out .... more tangled. Once it was dry.... I let it air dry ..... my bangs felt very sticky like coated with something so I threw some baby powder on them, ran a blow dryer on them.... that helped a bit. My hair was sooooo frizzy! It was awful. it seemed to be shedding more when I combed it..... I was freaking out :( my daughter said it looked wavy! I would not recommend these at all.

Pros:
Lightweight
Smells good
Helps to remove buildup
Makes hair soft

Cons:
Doesnt help at all with frizz
SUPER runny so you go through a lot real quick

It was just kind decent. I need something that'll help frizz though. I wont re-purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I found it to be a decent product to use to co-wash with. I've tried much better ones, which is why I don't plan on re-purchasing this product again. Also, I'm not rather fond of its smell. As, I do find its smell to a turnoff for me.