Burberry Brit

on 8/17/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My best friend wears this as her signature scent, and she smells so good that whenever we're together I would always octopus hug her so I can smell her (woah, what a creep). I finally got my own, and wore it today. My lil' sis liked it, but she says my Jimmy Choo parfum smelled better.

Either way, great scent!

on 8/9/2015 1:51:00 PM

Love this!!

I had bought this a year or two ago and returned it----BUT--hold on..I recently re-purchased this!! Why, you may ask....?

Well initially when I ordered this, and received it in the mail, it smelled like a men's fragrance to me. Not even a man's fragrance, but more like a junior high-school boy scent. Just did not care for, and could not return it fast enough!! Perhaps I had gotten the wrong bottle..???? (And yes, I definitely made sure it was 'for her'..but I digress..)

Fast forward to now..Out of curiosity, I tried this again, and..SWOOONNN!! I see what people rave about with this!! soft, feminine, grown-up woman, not old lady, but not one of those fruity smells that are popping up everywhere..just makes you feel like a woman!!

I am bad with notes, my layman's terms say slight floral with a hint of fruit and vanilla. In looking at the notes on drugstore.com, I am not too far off: "A marvelous blend of almonds, limes and pears, with soft florals and vanilla"...so I would not have been far off!! ;-) It does say this is best for daytime, but I think this would be fine for the workplace, and yes for daytime, but I think this could also transition to nighttime if you needed/wanted. I think this is a great year-round scent, which is great imho. I know some say wear any scent you want any time of year, but I tend to be a stickler for "seasonal" scents. I love that this is a great year-round scent..

One final, possibly the most important note, is this lasts ALL DAY on me..Like, seriously, I even can take a shower and still faintly smell this on my skin, and that is not a heavy application, as I spray and 'walk' into the scent..And for being so long-lasting, it is not too over-powerful at all..The mark of a great fragrance/perfume, in my book!!!

on 8/6/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like to wear this when I go out and wear my fancy clothes it totally changes my outlook and makes me feel great!

on 8/1/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I owned this perfume in a small 1oz bottle and used it all up within a year. I only purchased since it was on clearance at Target for only $11...and I actually liked the smell. I normally do floral jasmine scents but this one has a warm musky scent that's great for dinner dates or as a perfume for cold nights. My boyfriend really liked this scent every time I wore it. I wouldn't repurchase since I like to try out different scents.

on 5/19/2015 1:52:00 PM

I hate this stuff. Really weird smell. Not as described at all. Said it had fruity pear notes, ummm not at all. Sold it on EBAY!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This smells soooooo good! It has a musky/sweet scent to it. The only problem I do have with this perfume, is the staying power. This doesn't last at all, maybe 2-3 hours if that. Oddly enough, when I normally spray my clothes with any fragrance, it will stay pretty much all day. Unfortunately, this perfume doesn't even stay in my clothes. It is quite overpowering musk when you first spray, but by a few minutes it settles into this sweet smell, almost like amber. This is a great perfume if you are just going on a date, or to dinner with your s/o, but after that it wears off so quickly. My husband absolutely loves this on me! Would I repurchase? Probably, because I haven't found another fragrance like this one! It truly is unique.

on 5/7/2015 4:48:00 AM

Received their as a gift. Nothing special. In fact nothing at all!
I can hardly smell anything when I spray it on.
I would give it zero stars if I could.

on 3/5/2015 9:17:00 PM

This is a very British scent. It's a classic scent, with strong tinges of nostalgia. The notes I smell most significantly are lime, pepper, vanilla, and some faint woods. The opening is mostly lime and pepper, but the vanilla is quickly apparent, and rounds out the scent. This is by no means a sharp lime. Given those notes, it's hard to really imagine the experience of the scent, and I've found that what it evokes is more important to me than the notes. This scent reminds me of an old manor house, classy and classic, but slightly down at its heels. It needs repairs, but it is still putting its best face forward. It brings to mind the old wood parlors, the sprawling grounds, and the titled family living inside. For an interpretation more in keeping with those of us living stateside, it brings to mind New England college campuses in the fall, not at the beginning of the semester, but around November, when the leaves are falling off the trees, and everything is dampened by a cold rain, and people seek shelter in a wood-paneled library.

on 12/17/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Nice quality florals, but on my skin it turns into mens aftershave and is quite overpowering with musky amber. Touch was like that for me also. There is something in it that amplifies on my skin that obviously doesn't happen to other people. I prefer lighter florals of The Beat, which is discontinued but still selling online, I just picked up travel bottle.

on 12/11/2014 9:02:00 AM

Burberry Brit is absolutely my favorite fragrance. I wear it all the time, I get lots of compliments on this scent, and whenever it runs out I buy more. I switch back & forth between the EDT and EDP versions, they're both wonderful.
I would describe Brit as fresh and somewhat sporty, warm and vanilla-y, and also little bit powdery and sweet and citrus-y. Excellent staying power. Perfect as an everyday fragrance, this is HG status for me.
A little on the expensive side for a department store fragrance, especially since I always seem to be running out. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

Popular Fragrances