October 23, 2014 | 1202 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by ACVR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried it in the store. I'm not sure if it's long lasting or not, but I do know that the description is so far off from what it really smells like. It's described as fresh and floral, which is the type of scent I never go for. But the description also said, it smelled of pears and almonds which I love, but It doesn't smell like that at all and that's why I didn't like it. It's just an ordinary flowery smell. Boring.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Brit for use as a daytime/office fragrance in the cold weather months. I enjoy fragrances with vanilla and tonka, and I like that this one is balanced with the citrus and pear notes. With that said, it sometimes smells a tad sweet to me. But it lasts an entire day and is not overpowering. I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Kayleecassidy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would honestly be lost without Brit. My boyfriend bought me a small bottle of the EDT for my birthday two years ago and I've worn it ever since! I switch between the EDT and EDP and I absolutely adore both of them. It's the perfect scent for any occasion, dates, parties, work, school, anywhere really. It's fun and playful, yet sensual and sexy at the same time without trying to be. It's very unique, and I receive complements all the time.
The EDT is lighter than the EDP, so I use it in the spring and the summer. You'll smell the lime and pear notes first and then gradually the vanilla and amber. It's VERY zesty in the beginning, but not headache inducing. After an hour or so it becomes much more light and pleasing. I've found the EDP to be much warmer, the lime notes are less prominent but still there, making it somewhat spicy and perfect for the fall and winter. The vanilla and Amber blend so perfectly together, and there's underlying notes that remind me of almond or fig. It's a bit stronger than the EDT and lasts a little while longer. I would HIGHLY RECOMMENDED testing it on your own skin first though, my best friend hated it on her. The only real complaint I have is I desperately wish it would last longer. When I first started wearing the perfume it seemed to last all day but now after 5 or 6 hours I can't smell it at all. I don't mind spraying it more than once but it is a bit pricey for even a small bottle.
Brit is simply perfect, best suited for a younger person maybe 16-30s. It makes you feel beautiful, and really gives you a confidence boost. It's a very sweet scent not overpowering at all, like a soft breeze. It's noticeable if you're sitting next to someone or close to them. It's relaxing, perfect for snuggling up with someone. Brit has become my signature, and it probably will be for many years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Burberry Brit is my favorite fragrance period. I wear it all the time and I switch back & forth between the EDT and EDP versions, they're both wonderful. I would describe Brit as fresh and somewhat sporty, warm and vanilla-y, a little bit powdery and sweet and citrus-y. Burberry got it right with this scent, I get loads of compliments whenever I wear this, from both men and women. More of an everyday fragrance, Brit probably isn't "complex" or "mysterious" enough for special occasions or formal events. This is what I spritz on when I want to just smell "good". Long-lasting too. I love it! I tried it for the first time in October 2011 and I have gone through SEVERAL bottles since then.
A little on the expensive side for a department store fragrance, especially since I always seem to be running out. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by heyitskaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this fragrance when I was in Hong Kong. I had debated getting the EDP or EDT. Normally this wouldn't really be a problem when buying perfume. However, with Burberry Brit, the EDP and EDT are actually quite different. The EDT starts off light zesty and citrusy. It's not a bad scent at all. The vanilla and almonds come much later adding warmth and complexity to the fragrance. This makes the EDT much more suitable for warmer weather.
I prefer the EDP because of the richness. When sprayed it is the opposite of the EDT, with the lime lasting a total of 10 seconds on my skin, I kid you not.(Really!Only 10 seconds). Therefore I chose the EDP because of my preference for warmer scents. Both are lovely scents, and I recommend you giving them a sniff to find the one you like.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by su

This isn't bad for summertime, it's light and smells great. I don't like that everybody wears it. I don't think I'll buy it again. I prefer Tom Ford's fragrances by the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love all Burberry scents. Brit is the calmer, softer and creamier version of London, yet it still has just as much staying power. Where London is demanding, loud and in-charge, Brit is fun and uplifting with vanilla, amber and mahogany. Because of this, it can be worn during any season for any occasion. The description says it has a sweet/fruity scent, which I don't get, but regardless, I really enjoy it. I think it's great for spring/summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Vanilla, peony, almonds, mahogany, and sugar are the notes that stand out to me in this. This is a very adult fragrance in my opinion. It's not too sweet or strong and doesn't fall flat or really smell like anything else I own.

It lasts for a good amount of time and I get many compliments from it. I would say this is better worn at night and in winter. It's very sexy and I love it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's been a love/hate relationship with Brit. I bought a 1oz at Shoppers for $20 ($20 on seletcted fragrances day) for a friend actually.. but I was really curious so I opened it and sprayed it on myself.

Yep! I kept it!

It's a very STRONG scent initially, which is off-putting for me. The scent quickly lightens up (10 minutes), but throughout the day I find that it doesn't change. It lasts one full day for me.. I don't share the same experience as others having it quickly disappear!

To me (here's the hate part) it's a bit overwhelming. But when I start getting used to it, it's seductive, young, and pretty. I don't wear it very often but I pair this scent usually with dark skinny jeans and a pretty blouse. The scent will "up" this outfit, if that makes sense.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

This is my favorite smell. BUT, I am very disappointed that the scent disappears almost immediately. I tried using the shower gel, the cream and then the perfume on top. Still, it did not last. This perfume has one of the most perfect scents and it's a shame that I don't want to buy it anymore because of its lasting power or lack thereof. I love fruity fragrances. I love vanilla. This perfume has both. It's just an uncomplicated, fresh and pleasant scent. It makes me sad that I have to do without this lovely fragrance because it's weak. I'm not forking out big money for something that I can't even smell an hour later. Truly a shame.