December 21, 2014 | 1534 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice quality florals, but on my skin it turns into mens aftershave and is quite overpowering with musky amber. Touch was like that for me also. There is something in it that amplifies on my skin that obviously doesn't happen to other people. I prefer lighter florals of The Beat, which is discontinued but still selling online, I just picked up travel bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Burberry Brit is absolutely my favorite fragrance. I wear it all the time, I get lots of compliments on this scent, and whenever it runs out I buy more. I switch back & forth between the EDT and EDP versions, they're both wonderful.
I would describe Brit as fresh and somewhat sporty, warm and vanilla-y, and also little bit powdery and sweet and citrus-y. Excellent staying power. Perfect as an everyday fragrance, this is HG status for me.
A little on the expensive side for a department store fragrance, especially since I always seem to be running out. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this frag - the almond is so sweet and delicious and the hint of lime perks it up!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by missmuffinMI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought the Edp and the initial spray is quite bright with the lime, but it quickly goes away. Then it reminds me of sugared and spiced almonds. 30 minutes go by and I'm getting wafts of it, and it keeps reminding me of a perfume I have smelled before. Then it hits me. It reminded me of Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson, so I searched online to see if anyone else happened to compare it to that perfume, and sure enough I found several reviews stating the same thing! I'm not sure I will continue to wear this anymore since all I can think of when I smell it is that old 80s perfume...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First off, I believe the picture shown is the EDT and my review is for the EDP (the one with the darker plaid markings). I think the packaging is cute and fitting for this classy sent. It's not usually a scent I would be drawn too, I'm more into deep sweet and spicy type of fragrances. But this is very elegant and office appropriate, great for every day wear. It's not the typical fruity or sweet gourmand perfumes that have been very popular lately but nonetheless a classic.
At first it's powerful and fresh, you can really smell the lime and pear notes. Then after a few minutes it dries down into a warm nutty vanilla, the longer it stays on the warmer and sweeter it becomes. Its so comfy on a crisp fall morning, it's comforting and sophisticated. Also the lasting power on this is great as well as the sillage. I'm glad i gave this a chance!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A classy scent. Some may find it too mature, but I like to think of Brit for the confident, irrespective of age. It's woodsy with a hint of sweetness in the almond/vanilla.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just didn't take to Brit, I am not fond of woodsy notes mixed with lemon..makes me think of a wood polish product the maid used in my parents ' house!! Not that it is awful, it has a Vanillic vibe that is warm, for me, it has a unisex edge, so not my taste...
It is hugely popular, probably because it has a distinctive smell, a bit like cream soda?. With an almondish twist
Nice, but not for me...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Elise999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Why does this smell like a faux-trendy guy's perfume..? You know the type of perfume- they all have something in common which they share with Brit, an artificial twist that's generally perceived as being "attractive".

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember loving this all day when I sampled it in Belk, and still loving it when I bought it for a good price at TJMaxx. However, something in it made my nose itch and I sneezed a lot. I can no longer wear it, but still would recommend to others that like light, crisp, sweet (but not too sweet) fragrances.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Initially I thought the sales clerk must have given me the wrong bottle (even though the bottle was definitely the one I had seen for women in photos and online). This smelled like a men's cologne...Well, not even a men's cologne, but more like the cologne or after shave a junior high school boy would wear. I returned it and again went to Sephora to ask a sales girl to show me the WOMEN'S Burberry Brit. Again shown the same bottle. Again had the same masculine smell. Not for me. I don't know what is up with that. The description sounds like something I would love...sooo disappointed...:(( It is also kind of pricey, but being a Burberry item, that kind of goes without saying. But for the scent, it just seems over-priced. This also gave me a huge headache...Now, ironically, Burberry Brit Rhythm for Men, in the black/embossed bottle, smells amazing..got it for the hubby and we both love it...However this one (for women??) gave both of us headaches...:((

Notes listed:
Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.
.....none of which I smelled..:((