December 20, 2014 | 1699 users online

Lipstick - Paula Dorf - Sheer Tint Lipstick in Baby Love

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first Paula Dorf purchase. Not knowing much about Paula Dorf or the quality, I bought it because it was on sale for only $5. Wow! What an amazing lipstick. The packaging is really hot, I love it. The material is similar to Nars packaging and it has elegant white writing on it as well as shadow cursive writing. The Shade itself "Baby Love" is a great MLBB shade. Perfect for everyday wear and any type of makeup look. It is a midtone berry based but neutral. The saturation is deep enough to show even on pigmented lips, but sheer enough to be a no fuss everyday lipcolor. The staying power is impressive as well. With many cups of coffee, one intial application still lasted well over 5 hours. I wish I now picked up other colors while I was at Ulta. I highly recommend these sheer tints if you come across them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by rainshine

One of my HG lipsticks. Very smooth and gel-like feel, a pleasure for my dry lips. Moist and not too heavy or light, yet leaves a bit of stain.
Perfect color muted mid-rose with a bit of brown and mauve. I think this is balanced between warm and cool, so anyone could wear it anytime. I wear it less in the summer though, as I like brighter/paler shades then and this is more neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2005 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Elizabeth99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The consistency of this product is just perfect. Smooth and moisturizing, and just enough tint. I agree that the Baby Love is ylbb, but with my coloring (fair with blue eyes and dark brown hair (well, this month it's brown)) I need neutral colors, and I consider the Baby Love color to be warm, in that it shows up with peachy undertones on me. I think I'll just have to try other colors, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2005 1:09:00 PM More reviews by lisag15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the color and consistency. It is very natural and gives you a beautiful natural look. Love it and will be buying again - b/c I am almost out and NEVER finish lipglosses or lipsticks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2003 2:43:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you can't wear NARS Dolce Vita, you'll love this lipstick. I saw this in the Sephora catalogue and decided to give it a try. It's a winner. It's a YLBB sheer that's more pigmented but less cool and mauve-y than Dolce Vita. I'd have to call it a cool neutral, though--it's definitely not warm. It applies easily, is moisturizing, has exceptional staying power for a sheer, and leaves a bit of a stain on the lips. The packaging is plain-Jane (no offense to anyone named Jane) black plastic, but it is sturdy and won't come apart in your purse. Try it--you won't be sorry!