September 30, 2014 | 1225 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Long Last Lipstick - Watermelon

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Aiona

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a tube of Clinique Watermelon as a freebie from my mom having purchased something else by Clinique. So it wasn't something I chose for myself. And I wouldn't have either.

I have a darker complexion and if you go by seasons, I'm a definite Winter.

On me, this lipstick is NEON PINK. I kid you not. It looks like Day-Glo. Turn on the black light, baby, and put on your leg-warmers! I'm ready for the 80's!

Not.

The good thing is, it's highly pigmented. And that's how it managed to achieve that fluorescent effect, even with my darker complexion!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Cgibbons

Hi girls!!
Well Ive been on the hunt for a lovely sheer pink lippy for absolutley ages!
In boots, trying this on i loved it it really suited me and was so excited to buy it.
Maybe it was the light in Boots but when i got home and re applied i found it was a bit dolly-pink which is a colour i find really false looking and doesnt suit me.
It lasts a while kind of leaves a stain on my lips which is nice.
its lovely and smooth on your lips and its not chalky at all, you dont need to smooth it down with vaseline like you do with some mac ones.

Let down with the shade but the actual other qualities like packaging, consistency are great xo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by 123dawn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my second in the long-last line. Again I feel it splits the difference, being neither drying nor super moisturizing - but to me, it's very comfortable and light - I know it's there because my lips feel protected. This shade is just *so* PRETTY! Watermelon isn't quite the right name, as on me it's more pink than that. I doubt that it would work on everyone, but it's got just enough red to work on me - a tinge more pink, and it would be too much for me. So, yes, I am so happy to have found this color. I would say for anyone who thinks pink doesn't work on her, you really *should* try this. I never had problems with the Clinique tubes, but this does seem a bit more sturdy. Will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this color! I love that I can control the amount of color on my lips, if I want a hint of color I just dab this on my lips and it creates a pouty look for me. I love how it fades it just gives me a nice pink tint. People think I have big lips but in reality its this product that makes my lips stand out. I love this product, I have an obsession with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by leyla110

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful color. As others have said, it really brightens up my face. I'm wearing this on my upcoming wedding day. Lasts a bit longer than regular lipstick. Doesn't turn darker or red-ish on my lips as many colors do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by katield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited when I found this color. I love the formula - it's soft but not super-moist and the color really brightens up my skin tone and it also makes it look tan. It's also more matte than a lot of brands offer. I love the case, especially compared to the Dramatically Different cases I'm used to from all the give-aways. I have fair/medium skin with olive tones and this really looked great on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read about this in Harpers Bazzar and the photo looked red. I am so glad I stopped into Sephora and tested it. I love it, finally a true watermelon shade. I was wearing Mac's Lustering and that was pretty watermelonie (is there such a word??) :) But this is really watermelon and it brightens up my face. I think it has just enough pigment, not too much, but not too little. I can say the staying power is not really great, but I do like this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LustyMuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm also confused by the comments that this lipstick does not have sufficient colour, as it really is beautifully pigmented. I have naturally rosy lips but even on me, the colour shows as a gorgeous bright fuschia. My only criticism would be that this lipstick can feel a little drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color! Please do not confuse this lipstick with Clinique Buttershine in "Fresh Watermelon". This is another lipstick entirely, and it's part of the "long last" line of Clinique lipsticks.
It is packaged in the same "ribbed" clinique silver metal casing. It looks like a bright pink, and didn't appear red to me at all. On application, it is a very warm, bright pink on me. I'm a dark, probably NC-45-ish person, with hispanic/mexican skin. Again, this really really brings out a tan or the olive undertones. I'm actually "cool" undertones, so NC doesn't apply to me, but i'm not terribly extreme in the cool undertones. I have dark olive skin...and this just looks great on me and not at all outrageous, but not wimpy either.

I cannot understand the previous reviewers who stated it is not pigmented. I'm not sure they reviewed the same lipstick! This is *very* pigmented, and i have VERY pigmented lips (no nudes show up on me). They either must have gotten old tubes or a bad tube. Also, the reviewer who stated she loved the case, I'm thinking she may be thinking of Buttershine Fresh Watermelon? In any case, it doesn't matter, as this is my own review and I can state that it definitely is a pigmented pink!

The color is like a very bright flamingo pink. It has staying power and can seem a bit dry, but that doesn't bother me (i have no chapped lip issues). It definitely isn't matte or super-dry. It also wears for a long time, true to the title.

At $13.50 or so, this is a great option and certainly has as much payoff as a MAC lipstick. Cliniques tend to be very light or geared toward non-pigmented lips IME, so this is a nice switch on their part.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i guess mine was pigmented because it's very pink on me and i loooove it. i mixed it with extreme pink and i get lots of compliments every time i wear it.

This is the long last WATERMELON lipstick not the FRESH WATERMELON which is sheer. So don't get those two confused! Fresh watermelon is sheer with a bit of raspberry color and is part of the buttershine collection. Watermelon is a very bright pink that has lots of pigment!