August 23, 2014 | 1913 users online

Fragrances - Ralph Lauren - Blue for Women

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by upbeat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so psyched to see this in a gift set at Macy's, along with 2 other Ralph Lauren fragrances, Romance and Ralph. I remember liking this a few years ago, but heard it was discontinued. Blue smells so pretty, clean and fresh, reminding me of the ocean. Usually these types of scents last about 20 minutes on my skin, but not this one. A couple sprays last all day on me, yet still maintains this fresh, classy, clean vibe. So many people have told me I smell good, including people that normally could care less about fragrance! Great quality, so it is definitely worth the price. And, yay, it is NOT discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my all-time faves for summer. Citrus-y and salty but not sharp. It is sexy and sophisticated and can be worn as a daytime or nighttime scent. It reminds me of Italy or Greece for some reason :D. Intriguing, unique scent that doesn't smell like every other scent of it's class.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I am crazy in love with Ralph Lauren Blue and have used a couple smaller 2.5oz bottles -- am currently on my third (the big 4.2oz!). An absolute must for me for summer -- soft languid water lily and soft skin musk -- it's just awesome!

They took it off the market for awhile a few years ago (gasp!), because, according to an SA I talked to, there was a problem obtaining the glass. Then it came back on the market again -- hopefully to stay.

When I go to the beach, I have to have it with me -- so soft and nice! One of my coworkers smelled it on me and had to go buy herself a bottle. I hope they never discontinue Ralph Lauren Blue -- one of my top favorite summer perfumes of all time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Lieln

Why does it always happen to me: as soon as I fall in love with the product, it is no longer available??? I love perfume - I mean I literally love whatever the industry has to offer. Some perfumes I use on me, I spray some on my bedlinen, I use others on my handkerchiefs and smell whenever I feel like it, some of my perfumes are strictly for 'bottle testing':) I guess I have always been searching for MY scent but never actually found one. I fall in love with perfumes quickly and then am too used to them too quickly. I never fell for super popular scents which you can feel everyone around wearing. I think this is the main reason I did not fall for BLUE the year it was released. I only tested it half a year ago and am in love ever since. It is very feminine, very gentle, very light. I spray it on my hair at the back of my head - whenever there is a wind (even a slight one), whenever anyone passes by, I feel a warm trail and people keep asking me what it is. And you know what - I never tell them but I am sharing my secret with you now:)
I DO recommend BLUE but I cannot guarantee you will love it. Perfume is a tricky thing, you can love the scent on yr friend but it can cause a headache when you wear it. But this one is definitely worth trying. The product is discontinued as far as I know, but some websites still offer it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

IDENTICAL, I mean straight up dupe, to Britney Spears Curious. That one lasts all day too, and obviously won't be discontinued anytime soon. BTW, I find both to be beautiful florals and not terribly sweet. As one reviewer said about Curious, "This is just how a woman should smell." Also true of Blue. But...save your $$$ and buy Curious!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by LHartford

This is the only fragrance I have worn in years. Actually, I purchased this when it first came out and I have worn it ever since. They discontinued it for a while but fortunately I was able to find it at the Ralph Lauren outlet stores. I have noticed it back on the shelves in stores (ex. Ulta) - thank goodness! I get compliments constantly and men are always asking what I am wearing so they can buy it for their wife/girlfriend. Very clean and pure scent!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by glowingskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a big perfume wearer. I found this scent in a magazine. Surprisingly, from the moment, I smelled it, I really liked it! Of course, I took the plunge & made a purchase! Every time I wore it, I would receive compliments! The only complaint I have is that the scent does not last that long on me. I have also read that from other reviewers. For whatever reason, this perfume was discontinued from the stores...after being sold for only 5 years or so. To my delight and probably high customer demand, it's now being sold in stores again.. Yay!!! I just hope the formula is still the same...please!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

What a lovely aquatic scent. I haven't smelt anything like it. It has a dirty and sexy quality about it. When I say dirty, I mean literally dirty. On my skin it smells like the ocean and it's breeze. I'm not talking about an Hawaiian beach. No. I'm talking about being in the Caribbean on a ship with all the wind hitting your body. Though it is labeled for women, this comes off unisex to me.

I've been looking for a white floral to suit my skin, left and right. I actually got this from a swap not knowing what to expect. I always found white florals to be quite inoccent and gentle but this changes my perception.

The dirty quality makes me feel frisky. It's very dominate during the opening, and as it dries down instead of it wearing me, I wear it. The scent cuddles up and hugs my skin turning into a mellow ocean breeze, with the dirt faintly in the background. It's odd, though it smells somewhat dirty, it masks me in a clean state.

I know that on a sunny day this will be my go to perfume when me and my boyfriend go to the big creek five minutes away from our apartment, because this is very summery, playful but not childish. And though in Colorado we are away from the ocean we can pretend for a second that we aren't.

Amazing scent, but it's not for anyone who only wears sweet and happy scents and isn't open to the fact that wearing "cologne" is sexy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Dannie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this perfume exclusively for about seven years. People compliment me constantly, and it's so versatile - it's great with jeans or a little black dress. The best part is, I can't smell it beyond the first couple of minutes. Perfumes I smell all day make me sick (literally; some weird allergies). Love, love love this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this fragrance as a Christmas gift form U.S., because it's not available in Italy. It was in a box with Romance and Ralph for women. Blue is all about being clean and sporty, while European scents are so deep and focused on seduction.
I was extremely impressed by it from the very first time. For me Blue is a scent right for a blond american girl walking barefoot on the beach, something like Brooke Shield in Blue Lagoon. So cool!
Because it's aquatic and lightly flowery I don't suggest to wear it for a big night. It's better to use it in the morning to have a gentle kick or for a relaxing walk in the afternoon. It reminds me of Fifth Avenue by E. Arden, but it's less lemony and more grassy. For its good staying power Blue is definitely a yes!