November 28, 2014 | 1074 users online

Top/Base Coats - INM - Out the Door Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Hogwartshonorstudent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff!! I used to be a big fan of Seche Vite. It was my go to top coat. But I feel out of love with it. I noticed (after putting it over white polish) that it tinted things yellow/brown after a few days. Eww. and that it made my polish shrink. and that try as I did, I couldn't get my manicure to last more than 48 hours before I would peel off in sheets. and man the SMELL. eww.

So one day I got on google and started researching for an alternative. I read several people talking about "OTD" as well as a few others, but I was torn. I didn't believe anything would work as well as SV.

On one trip to the store to get more SV, I noticed they had OTD, and that it was cheaper than SV. I decided to give it a try. I figured the worse that would happen is that I'd end up back to the store in a few days to get my old top coat.

Man am I glad I took a chance on OTD!!! It dries fast. It doesn't have the god awful smell. It doesn't turn white polish yellow. It doesn't shrink. They bottle doesn't go as goopy as fast (I'm on my second bottle now!!). And it lasts. Paired with Orly's rubberized bonder and my polish will last up to 2 weeks!!

I'm in love. I can't imagine doing my nails without this top coat now. Really. I spend a lot of time doing nail art on my nails, so I need a good top coat, and this is the one I love. Oh, and for fellow nail art gals, this top coat doesn't smear my work, either!

Love it so much!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've only used this topcoat for 2 manicures so far, but I'm not new to polishing my nails, so I feel I can give this a fair review. Prior to this, I use Seche Vite and Poshe. I loved Seche Vite but the smell! Oh man, it stinks to high heaven, not to mention I usually ended up tossing because the last 1/3 or so of the bottle became unusable even with thinner. I really liked Poshe! All the benefits of Seche Vite, though not quite as shiny, and I was able to use the whole bottle. I actually went to Sally's to repurchase my Poshe topcoat when I saw this INM Out the Door topcoat. I was skeptical because I didn't know anything about it, but the price intrigued me ($5 without a Sally's card? Yes please!). I've been using it for two weeks now, on two separate manicures, and I am blown away! It is just as good as my Poshe, for a few dollars less. Dries quickly, pretty shiny, and after a full week, I have minimal chips and tip wear. I use Orly Bonder as my base coat, two coats of polish (typically Essie, Orly, or OPI), and then one coat of Out the Door. I'm so glad I took a chance on this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by danafoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased 3 bottles of this so far, using practically every drop of them and will pick up a new one at Sally's in the next few days! the reason this only gets a four is because I work in a place that I wash my hands often, I start to get chipping after about five days but that doesn't bother me at all, I like to change colors often. this stuff is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by kabshop

Love this. Perfect consistency and easy application. It makes my color look even better! I usually do my nails right before bed (3 kids - no other time) and this is perfect. No sheet marks and beautiful shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by baileykf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seriously LOVE this top coat! I was using the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Ultra Wear for chipping and the same brand Big shiny one for a glossy look, and was just really unhappy having to use two top coats. I bought this at Sallys when I had to 'refill' on my Gelous AGNC and I absolutely love it! I only kept it on for 4 days (Sunday night-Thursday afternoon)and only took it off because my nails were growing out and needed to be redone. I was pretty hard on my nails, so I was very happy to have zero chipping! Definitely repurchasing when I'm out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by QueenBoudica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty pleased with this topcoat; it did dry quickly (base coat + 2 coats of polish) and it held up for about 7 days. It wasn't too expensive, either. I didn't have a 'shrinkage' problem like with Seche Vite. This topcoat gave enough time to put on a smooth coat without dragging or pulling the polish underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by chri5tin3

My HG! There is nothing to say, this top coat is impeccable. An absolute life saver, my friends always ask if I have gel polish on but it's not. Out The Door provides a nice smooth coat that is shiny and dry in no time. I honestly can not live without this. Great value online too!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this could be a viable alternative to Seche Vite (with whom I have a love/hate relationship) but it's definitely not. (For the record, my SV alternative winner is NYC Grand Central Station.)

It does dry fairly quickly but it is so prone to scuffing, scratches, and dullness. This is especially problematic over dark colors. Last night's vampy manicure already looks 5 days old; I had to go over it with OPI top coat to restore some semblance of shine. It also doesn't give me the greatest wear time, not even with my personal tried & true iron wear brands like China Glaze.

Writing this review reminds me-- when I change my manicure tonight, I'm going to throw my half used bottle of OTD away so that I'm not tempted to use it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by lauraleesa

I really like this top coat. It dries quick and it gives a good shine. BUT it doesn't do too well on my nails since I work in retail..I need some really heavy duty stuff. But I really like this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Alligat0rPie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

AWESOME TOPCOAT!! i absolutely cannot do without this topcoat. It's fast drying, makes my nails harder, and leaves a nice highgloss shine and leaves my nails feeling kinda like a gel manicure. Great price too, my roomate and I buy the large round bottle at Sally's Beauty. This stuff lasts a while, and I do my nails several times a week (because I want to and I'm a nailpolish junkie) But, when I do leave my polish on, this top coat really seals my manicure in.