INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG top coat. I picked this up randomly in CVS and have bought 3 bottles since! This is gorgeously shiny, dries SO quickly, and doesn't have the TERRIBLE shrinkage on me like Seche Vite. I find that it can smear nail art if you don't just plop it on and go. Too often I find myself playing too much with trying to thin/smooth it out and I take way too much time and it smears, but honestly that's more user error than anything! This is a great topcoat, my favorite, and it's very affordable! I think this can be a little hard to find, not sure, I always just buy it at CVS. Recommended, I will continue to buy!

I am a huge fan of Seche Vite. But I got this because everyone says Seche Viche causes the nail polish to shrink. I can definitely see what they mean, so I've been trying other top coats. This doesn't seem to have that same shrink wrap effect, but it doesn't dry nearly as quickly, and the finish isn't very shiny/glossy. However, literally a couple of seconds after I used this, I accidentally touched one of my nails and nothing happened! So I'm impressed and will repurchase it.

This top coat is a new favourite of mine. I prefer it to Seche Vite, as there is no shrinkage or offensive smell with this top coat. It may take a second longer to dry and doesn't have quite the same 'glassy' effect finish, but for me the positives outweigh the negatives. Will definitely repurchase.

I worked at Sally Beauty for quite awhile back in the day, so I tried basically everything. This was The Top Coat. I bought it again recently. I like it. But I don't love it. It dries fast but it isn't really thick so it doesn't do a good job with the thirsty glitters I've been into lately. ALSO, if you don't use a base coat, it will make your polish literally peel off in huge flakes in a matter of a day or two. (Maybe I should do that with my next glitter polish so I can not struggle with removal so much.....) I'd buy it again, but it's not in my mind the perfect top coat.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG topcoat right here ladies! The price is great. It's available at Sally Beauty Supply but I found mine at Target. This stuff dries quickly and is quite shiny. The application was a breeze and FIVE whole days later no chips! Im fickle with my nail polish and change it often, but with this stuff I have to see how long it can last before it chips. Will update!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I often buy Out the Door (love), Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat in the red bottle (love). And I sometimes get Seche Vite (like). All three brands are great. All dry fast with the same thick glassy shine, and give me that gel-like finish that makes it look like I've just been to the salon for a professional manicure :)

However I prefer Out the Door or Insta-Dri over the Seche Vite and its not just about price.

Seche Vite is the fastest polish drying top coat I've ever used but:
1. Shrinks polish severely
2. Becomes too thick and stringy to use when the bottle gets down to halfway, then it needs thinning repeatedly or it has to be thrown out. This adds to the cost.
3. Letters wear off the bottle and it looks tatty
4. The brush does not reach the end of the bottle so I have to tip and angle the bottle to use it up completely
5. Seche Vite is much more expensive

Out the Door and Insta-Dri takes *slightly* more time to dry than Seche Vite but are both still very fast and don't have the problems Seche Vite does.
1. They rarely cause shrinkage. I occasionally get a tiny bit of shrinkage but ONLY if I forget to wrap the tips. Even then I don't usually have any.
2. Out the Door only needs thinning once or twice, when the bottle gets down to 1/4. Sally Hansen Insta Dri doesn't need thinning.
3. The bottles labels are better quality, don't wear off
4. Out the Door and Insta Dri are priced better

You don't need to spend more to get quality results!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff is the bomb! I always have a problem doing color tips, two toned nails, nail art, etc because they never dry fast enough, end up bleeding with the other color, and I'm impatient too. This made the polish dry super fast, and I was able to do a nice color tip manicure for once in my life. The cashier at my convenience store actually grabbed my hand and complimented me on my nails. I couldn't believe she was impressed. I was like, hold up, don't look too close, but hey this stuff is great! I will re-buy for sure.

Unless I try the Seche stuff recommended here, gosh, I bet if it's better than this, I wouldn't know how to handle myself. I'm so NOT nail polish savvy , but I've been watching nail tutorials and I'm getting a bit better..yay

Pros: Initially it was ok, didn't think it was really amazing but a good quick drying top coat.

Cons: After using only less than 1/2 a bottle it started turning very thick and impossible to apply despite the fact that I used a nail polish thinner (Orly). It was not revivable. Have to toss it out now.

Will not be purchasing again.

I have tried several brands of top coats - brand name and drug store varieties. I purchased this on a whim at Sally's and have been impressed with its staying power after three manicures. Quick drying, good shine, and 5 days of no chipping. Will definitely recommend to friends and repurchase.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

In my country, it's pretty difficult to come across Out the Door so I was really excited to find it. I originally had high hopes for it but after using it a few times, I'm left craving for more. I've used it about six times so far and while this top coat dries very quickly and without the typical problems (shrinking, bubbling, cracking etc.), it is very thin, it doesn't smooth out anything, and the shine is lacking. I realize that a ton of people say this is just as shiny as Seche or is just shiny in general, but I don't see it at all. I just used this over Zoya's Dream and it almost feels like it dulled out a bit of the polish's original shine. I don't particularly care for the brush either as it is kind of thin and I find with the combination of this brush and the consistency of the top coat, I end up with extra product and have to be careful. Overall I know I wouldn't repurchase this, but it's a decent product so I will finish the bottle I have right now.