April 21, 2014 | 1493 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Oil-free foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by TheAamaranthe

Ah, Mary Kay... Overpriced and sub par quality. This is not a great foundation, it's difficult to applyevenly and once it dries out, it tends to clump up if the weather is not cooperating at the perfect temperature. Will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While oil free, did still cause skin irritation and break outs for me. I have super oily skin, and looked awful after even 30 minutes of wear. As with any foundation, I'm sure its a great product for some people, but for me simply did not work and caused breakouts on my face. I've never found a great foundation for my skin, but I've found others that I can rate higher than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by kaishodge

Let me just say that I am a makeup maven and I will try anything once. I have had success with MK products such as Even Essence Complexion and Mary Kay Mascara so upon being urged, I decided to try the foundation. I am African American and I have a middle complexion. A cross between caramel and milk chocolaty so I am neither light nor dark skinned.

I have a terrible time finding a foundation match. I was persuaded to try MK foundation. I was told it is self transforming and it effortlessly blends to the right tone upon application. Well initially I tried it and it seemed to blend seamlessly. I thought I finally found a matching foundation hallelujah? Boy was I wrong.

I went out one night wearing MK foundation and took some pictures. When I ever saw my complexion in those photos I wanted to die of embarrassment. My face had a zombie like unevenness and the tell tale "my foundation sucks" halo around my hair line. I was so annoyed that I spent $15 for the kind of coverage I could get from drugstore makeup!

To make matters worse I tried to return it and my consultant but she insisted that it was a match and didn't take it back! I was bulls$it! Since then I have learned my lesson. After a certain age just go to the department store and be done with the cutting corners and nonsense.
I went to Clinique and found a proper luminous match with their Even Better Foundation. If you are medium-brown like me think twice about MK foundation. It rarely matches and makes you ashy and sick looking. ugh.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't wear foundation very often and I don't have a lot of experience with various brands, but this foundation (I have the medium coverage in Beige 300) is fantastic! My skin is pretty good, so I just apply foundation when I want to even out the tone. This is lightweight, easy to blend, and comes in a wide variety of shades. The only downsides are that it is expensive and you have to either get it through a rep or order it online. But it's worth it!
EDIT 28/4/10 I wore this foundation on a loong travel day, and by the time I got home I looked absolutely disgusting. My face was shiny, coverage had faded/become splotchy and it just didn't look natural. I don't think this foundation is good for all-day, long-term wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2005 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked it in the beginning because it was the best color match so far. I am dark with a yellow undertone and SAs are forever trying to sell me foundations with red undertone which makes me look weird. This one is a Bronze 607 and it looked like second skin. However I found it quite hard to blend (i don't know whether that is to do with the fact that it's oilfree????) which ended up in me having streaks, which was embarassing!!!! Also, i break out each time i use it, so right now i am foundation-less. i have yet to find that one that won't cause me embarasing zits!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by simonsmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck! This foundation caked up and streaked all over my face. My face looked and felt dirty. A total waste of $12.00. Will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2005 11:00:00 PM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very excited about this foundation when I first started to use it because the color match was the best I had experienced and it seemed to wear well throughout the day. I was absolutely sure I'd found my HG foundation and then reality hit in the form of HUGE, RED, ANGRY ACNE MONSTER PIMPLES!!! Probably the worst cosmetic-related breakout of my life. It might be an oil-free foundation, but it still managed to wreak havoc on my face in the worst way. If it's true the company is discontinuing this particular formula, it's probably for the better!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2004 7:35:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

YUCK! This stuff did not work for me at all. I have tried it many times throughout my years of buying makeup and it does nothing for my skin. Tends to pool in my pores. Also, never blends into my skin for a even texture. Sits on top of my face giving appearance of oil sprayed on top of my face. Not pretty. Not pretty 'tat all. If it has been discontinued I know why.UPDATE: Use this as a moistorier. Works very well. Sinks into the skin and leaves a nice sikly finish. Will not repurchase but I did find a purpose for this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2004 10:46:00 AM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought 3 bottles of thise from my Mary Kay rep for $5 each as they are discontinuing it. I have the Walnut Bronze shade and it looks great and feels great on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2004 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that the only people who really like Mary Kay products are the salespersons for this company. First and foremost, this product cannot be even compared with other oil-free foundations in the market. When you use this makeup, you see that the coverage is awful and you have a melt down in middle of the day. With all due respect, this is the worst foundation that I have ever used and believe me I have used them all.