April 24, 2014 | 926 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bogota Blackberry

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A beautiful shimmery plummy red or berry. Fine shimmer. Great for fall & winter, plenty of color, not overly glittery, so work appropriate. Beautiful with grey or black or navy outfits. I like it on toes, too. Very pretty, especially on cool-toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

i love this color its a classic color without being boring or typical. its one of my favorite OPI colors and a great polish to wear in the fall or winter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I really like this color, but not more than other reds. I don't think I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by JimiLeighB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this nail lacquer, it's the perfect red for my skin (pale with yellow undertones.) The slight shimmer also keeps it from looking boring, but it's by NO means a frost (yuck!) The deep berry doesn't come off as vampy for me, and I love how it almost seems to have a chocolate/maroon undertone. The pic above doesn't quite match the real life look of the polish, it's not really that pink. I only really wear this particular shade during the holidays... Sometimes I'll wear it on my toes, but it's primarily a holiday polish for me.

The polish itself applies great but I find two coats suits me, as all my OPI polishes seem to require two coats... Meh, it could be worse.

The only thing I'm not liking about OPI is the staying time, every time I polish my nails with an OPI polish I'm lucky to get 3 days without chipping... Sometimes chipping occurs the same day! Uugh! Perhaps OPI should think about perfecting their formula?

It is a lovely shade and it applies very nicely. Any streaking is corrected by the second coat. I'd definitely buy again, I just like the color so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by brusselsprout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of all my OPI polishes, this one goes on the easiest and smoothest. Unlike some shimmery polishes, the brush strokes are not very visible - huge bonus. I get very even and opaque application with two coats. Very fast drying for me. And of course the colour is gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bogota Blackberry is the kind of red you see when you order a really nice glass of red wine. It's a deep red with minimal glitter and a slightly matte finish. It's definitely not as shiny/glittery/frosty as I'm Not Really A Waitress and doesn't apply quite as well. You definitely need two coats to achieve the best hue and a top coat to increase shine. But it's a gorgeous colour overall and I actually do prefer this over I'm Not Really A Waitress.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

This applies like a dream, and looks great on my fair skin with yellow undertones. I just tried it for the first time, I bought it when I went in for I'm Not Really a Waitress, but that one just didn't do it for me. I love Bogota Blackberry, and I've repurchased very few nail polishes, but this one is a contender. I have a feeling I won't have to very soon though, as this is a very thin polish, and OPI's shimmers typically stay thin longer than creams or pale shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by aurora42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a deep berry color, but not so dark as to be vampy. On me its more of a rosy/wine shade than true red. Has a subtle shimmer that is great for a summer or fall pedi. Looks like this color has been around for years but I just discovered it it caught my eye among a very large selection of OPI shades on display. Though it is nice enough to buy again, there are so many OPI colors I prefer to have fun trying new ones for my toes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by fredrica32

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color! Doesn't look like the picture - it is darker, berry color with shimmer (not frost). I am very fair, but it doesn't look harsh on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by cowgirl64505

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this deep blackberry color. OPI is my favorite brand of nail polish, it stays on better than any of the cheaper brands.