October 25, 2014 | 1254 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by EdnaB4455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been reading reviews on here and can't honestly say that it made all that much difference to my skin, as it just came across like a greasy oil based product that made me appear very oily, but no real change to my facial wrinkles or lines. After say 4 weeks I stopped using it as after a while it was just a hassle with no real benefits, not even a 'glow'. I wouldn't recommend this product. Anyways I started using biocorrex as my friend told me she was using it and said she saw nice results, so into my second week and there is something happening!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by biaomiaomiao

IMO, this is the best serum, EVER, hands-down. It really soothes my skin after a bad reaction. I wouldn't recommend to use it everyday though. Use it as a emergency remedy when others fail.

I hoard 3 of these just in case they discontinue...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by PaleChamorra

With typically oily to combination skin and reactive redness, i never thought to use an oil on my skin. However, i worked for Clarins for a year and saw amazing results with this serum! this became my favorite serum; my skin never broke out or got too oily that it soaked through my makeup. I believe firmly that you must balance oil and water levels in the body to achieve optimum skin health.

if i ever break out, i use Peter Thomas Roth's sulfur spot treatment at day, but use this at night to calm and restore my flaking skin.

anyone can use this serum! i also highly recommed the hydra-quench serum for those skin types that are combination, oily or dry--if you're afraid to use oil. cactus extract and sulky smooth water hydration is the way to go for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Acasquivana

This is one of my HG products. It's a must-have for me in the winter or whenever I have allergy rashes or eczema episodes, and it's seriously one of the best products I've ever tried for upset skin. I've used it after dermatitis/eczema flare-ups, harsh treatments (for said flare-ups), peels, or extremely dehydrated skin in cold weather, and it's the only thing that has helped me when nothing else works. I usually put it on at night after washing my face and after a few days my skin is completely cleared, with no redness and flakiness. It's really hydrating and soothing, but I'm not sure how it would work on non-problem skin though. The texture is very runny and oily, and you only need one or two pumps for the entire face. The only downside for me it's the price, although I think it's worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by snowgem

I was given a bottle of this to use during the dry winter. I managed to use it during summer, though, and thank goodness I had it with me!

My friend and I had chemical peels done for our faces and were completely unprepared for the side-effects - *incredible* peeling.

My face had felt a little dry right after the peel, but after applying this concentrate every night, it was fine. But my poor friend - the dry area under her chin flaked like nobody's business, and looked quite disgusting after a few days. I passed her my bottle, and her chin cleared up in a few days...while my face started to peel.

So, it does work. I'm not too sure about the price though. But if you have an emergency, I'm certain that you won't want to skimp on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by cupidger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was at Clarins counter the other day looking for a cleanser for sensitive skin. I tried their cleanser years back but have yet to try other products. So there i was, with my oily but dry on the surface and red skin, i desperately needed a cleanser that is less harsh than what i was using.

The SA recommended this product on top of the other cleanser. I wasn't really expecting much because my skin has been about the same for the last 2 years or so. The SA told me i will see the result in about one month. But surprisingly, with just one week of using this ( day and night), my skin becomes softer and less flaky. I am truly amazed. Thinking my skin is oily, i always go for harsher products to get rid of dirt and oil. i never thought this serum could actually save it.

This serum is slightly oily but it didn't break me out like crazy, just one or two small pimples (could be due to hormonal) and it doesn't clog my pores or more blackheads. The price is expensive, $50ish for a 5oz bottle. The only complain i have is the packaging, it seems to pump out too much serum than what i want. With that price, who doesn't want it to last longer?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by citygirlhardware

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A winter staple for me for many years. Heals flaky skin: no heavy occlusive feeling. Calms redness. I use it under my night cream and will never be without it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I added this into my regular skin care routine about a month ago and I absolutely love it. I use it anytime my skin feels overly dry or uncomfortable, or when I feel like I need just a little something extra. It feels very soothing and immediately calms my skin.

I use it at night after washing my face. I dispense one pump on my fingertips and press my hands together a few times to distribute it, then I pat it into my skin as evenly as I'm able. I immediately follow with my moisturizer (Clarins Gentle Day Cream) to sort of absorb whatever is left over on my hands.

I've used various facial oils before (the most recent being Josie Maran's Argan Oil) and this feels nothing like the heavy, oily texture of so many of the other types I've tried. It's a very thin oil that doesn't have the slick, greasy texture that I associate with oils. It's light and absorbs quickly while still feeling that it's actually working with my skin. It has a beautiful herbal scent that reminds me of natural licorice.

I didn't expect to have such amazing results with this considering how sensitive my skin is to many botanicals. But it works. No breakouts, and no redness or contact sensitivity at all. It clears up any small dry patches overnight. My skin looks very even toned and healthy.

Don't let the tiny bottle deceive you (0.5oz for $59.00). One pump is plenty, and it's definitely a product that can be used as needed rather than every day. Fantastic for anyone with sensitive skin. I'll always have this in my routine.

UPDATE 10-3-10: Ultimately this didn't work for my skin. Granted, my skin is finicky and once in awhile tends to just start having random sensitivity to products that I've been using for long periods of time. One day everything's fine, and the next... big problems. This seemed like a product that would be great in the long run, but after about two to three months it caused a lot of redness and irritation. Once I cut it out from my routine, my skin returned to normal. I've actually noticed that this happened with almost every Clarins skincare product that I've used. I still think that those with sensitive skin should give this one a try because it was lovely while it worked.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by botoxic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always keep a bottle of this on hand, ever since I received a sample from a Clarins counter perhaps 10 years ago. I don't use it all the time, but a small pump-full at night, occasionally, to help with redness/flakiness/sensitivity. Other night time treatments I've used an enjoy for similar issues are Eucerin Q10 sensitive cream & L'Occitane Immortelle elixir. I believe it's the squalane in this which makes it so effective. It is expensive, but I've had the same bottle for ages. Since it is oil-based and in an opaque glass pump bottle, it has showed no signs of degradation. It has a slightly cool/soothing sensation on the skin with first application, and a very slight mint/herbal odor. In my mind, a classic product and hopefully one which will not be discontinued!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm probably a minority here, but this does nothing for me. It's a greasy clear oil with almost non detectable scent that is supposed to soothe and restore skin. Well, I tried it after my skin got a bit red from Skinceuticals Retinol and at first this serum/oil didn't sink in at all, even with the Clarins technique. I was shiny and greasy for at least 2-3 hours, then it suddenly disappeared and I felt dry again, so I applied the concentrate again and went to bed. Next morning, no change, my skin was still red and dry. Next evening I tried it under Chanel moisture mask and at least then my skin didn't get dry and had this nice glow, but I doubt that came from Clarins serum, b/c Chanel mask always makes my skin look nice and glowy. So I use this Clarins Concentrate under my eye cream as eye serum now and then, but it does nothing, doesn't even reduce dehydration lines that even cheapest eye gels manage to do. At lest it didn't break me out or anything. Otherwise it's a totally worthless product for me.