August 22, 2014 | 1084 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Nail Prisms - Burgundy Orchid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

SH Nail Prisms were SOOOO gorgeous and this one definitely doesn't fail to deliver in the area of stunning & unique! It's a duochrome, that for me, works better layered over another shade to avoid having to apply multiple coats, and depending on what it's layered over, will pull various shades. The primary duochrome in this is part rich burgundy, part a blue based purple. Totally unlike anything else in my stash. Tragically discontinued, but SO worth owning if you can get your hands on it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by audraelena

This is my first Sally Hansen Prisms polish, and I have to say I *love* it. It really looks amazing--like a gorgeous sunset with red and purple tones. The duochrome is quite strong and shifts depending on lighting and the way you angle your hands--truly beautiful. I applied SH Hydrating Nail Quencher Base Coat, 2 coats of color carefully (though 3 may have been better) and topped w/ Seche Vite. The wear was good, though it did take a few minutes longer to dry than most of my manis w/ SV. The extra dry time was well worth it, though. The only negative things i have to say about this polish are a)the bottle is only .33oz, and b)it's HTF. Other than that, pure love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

THE MOST BEATIFUL DUOCHROME EVER. This polish couldn't have been named anything else. From some angles, It is a gorgeous deep red with great intensity. From other angles, it is a to die for Violet with a baby blue undertone. It may sound like a mess, but it honestly is one of my favorite polishes. I didn't want to take it off! This is a bold polish that should be worn by bold girls.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Burgundy Orchid is aptly named: It's a true duochrome, with one flash being a burgundy red shimmer and the other a brilliant blue-purple, or blurple. Both colors are ultra-shiny and almost jelly-ish in finish. It's hard to get the two colors to flash at the same time, as they do in Turquoise Opal, but the brilliance of the colors kind of makes up for that. Application is sheer -- I needed three coats to get opacity. One quibble: The Prisms seem to stay soft longer than almost any polish I wear regularly. Even with Poshe and overnight drying, I could still dent the color the next day (though I didn't get sheet marks). They also tend to chip a little faster than other polishes. But you don't hunt these down for wear, but for the duochrome-y goodness.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 2:19:00 PM More reviews by naturalsenses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burgundy Orchid: This is a "large" color, it's so hot it swells your nails, like lip venom for your hands! Hot, deep fuchsia shifting to hot, deep violet.

This is such an intense color, I simply can't see myself wearing it often enough to use a whole bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2004 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Miwako

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This looked so pretty in the bottle I could see the color changing from burgundy to orchid (more like a royal purple) in the bottle but on me, I predominantly see the royal purple which is pretty but I was hoping to see more burgundy. I have to bend my fingers a certain way to see the burgundy. But it's still pretty. Like other people that commented on the product itself ... This sure takes a while to dry!!! I thought I put it on my nails early enought (3 coats) and I still have some dents on my polish! That's why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by pipskeak831

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burgandy Orchid is really a neato color - it's a violet with a visible blue undertone, sometimes magenta, or sometimes a wine color, depending on where the light hits it. The lasting time is fairly good - it lasted a week until it got one chip on my big toe, but that may have been my fault. However, I don't like (a.) how I need to paint two coats (I can usually get away with one coat with most of my nail polishes) and that (b.)it took a long time until it was dry to the touch. But just for this AWESOME color, I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

This is a fairly neat color, but kind of too magenta for me. This one shifts between red and purple, not my favorite combo, most of the time looking magenta. Still, nifty and unusual.