December 20, 2014 | 955 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down my all time favorite foundation, sadly I'm unable to repurchase it, due to a QA/color issue. The most expensive foundation I ever bought, by far, but I just had to have it after trying a sample from the makeup counter. I loved how my skin looked with this foundation in beige. The jar is a bit ridiculous and suffice it to say, it's tough getting all of it out, without an extra long spatula. I blindly repurchased the same foundation and color, prior to going on a business trip. Although the foundation and texture is the same, the color is definitely not. All the colors now resembles peach/peche in tone. I've talked to a couple of SA's and emailed the company. Supposedly there was a bad batch at one time, but it's unclear if I first received the off color I like so much and can't find now. No response from the company yet, and I've visited different department stores, but no luck at finding my old color. I have the sads and this sparked my latest foundie search, which is not fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by MadamPersia

Great product. Absorbs well, covers well, and does not become cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Prissylee86

This is the second time I have brought this product they have an amazing range of shades to match any skin tone, its very difficult for me to find a shade to match my light skin .

I brought this as a treat for myself. I have to say it is a great product and this foundation gives a natural finish that looks great and if need be you can build this up for better coverage. Its very light weight and feels like you are wearing nothing at all. It melts into my complexion and just looks so natural and fresh

the concealer is amazing one of the best I have ever used it covers everything! I cant fault it a little goes a long way too it lasts for ever

The only issue that i have with it is that by around 12pm my face is falling off my face my skin somehow turns into an oil slick but that isn’t the first foundation this has happened with I am yet to find one that will stay all day. I cant say im impressed with the staying power of this product. Even using an oil absorbing primer I cant fix this long standing issue I have had with my skin. Its not the foundations fault.

In conclusion this is a great product the price is quite high but I haven’t found a better foundation yet so I guess I’ll stick with it. The packaging is amazing you get a cute little silver stand to put the foundation bottle on and it also holds the concealer brush.
find it lasts longer than normal foundations I would normally go through 2 bottles in the time it takes me to use one La Prairie foundation I still have quite allot of concealer left over from the last foundation I finished.

I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by jaime78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finally brought this foundation as a birthday treat as I just could not justify the huge price tag. This stuff is amazing it melts into your skin and just looks beautiful, good coverage but looks like skin. I was wearing estee lauder double wear prior to this and it was just destroying my skin, drying it out to the point where after a couple of hours i had aged by up to 10 years which is not good !. It does not compare to double wear for its longevity but nothing does, I have found a couple of spays of urban decay chill setting spray sorts that out and I can easily get up to 12 hrs wear. I tried powder but its spoils the glow and radiance of the foundation. I think I may have found my holygrail my skin has never looked this good with or without makeup. The price tag is extortionate but a little goes a long way as it is highly pigmented plus you get the concealer in the cap which I love too as it covers my eye bags and doesn't look dry, caked or settle into my fine lines which many concealers do. I have tried and still own many half full bottles of foundations from many of the top brands and nothing compares to this I will defiantly repurchase and will be scraping the dregs out of the bottom of the bottle and not condemning it to my fails drawer.

Still my skin treat foundation but have found my holy grail Lancôme teint ultra 24.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When you pay so much money for a product, it'd better be perfect or it's not worth the splurge. Well, that's exactly my point. It's a good hydrating foundation, full coverage, nice consistency but, in all honesty... I wasn't blown away by it. The concealer on the top is quite good and long lasting and it is very conveniently placed with a good little flat brush that does a good job. Other than that, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. I actually think that it's a bit too thick and it's going to emphasize lines and I' not too keen on that. Next please!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! Yes, it's obscenely expensive, but then again how much is it worth to have an amazingly flawless, glowing complexion?
This foundation delivers not only perfection, but natural looking perfection. My skin is good to begin with but at my age (55) even good skin needs a little foundation to look amazing. I like how it offers great coverage and still manages to look perfectly natural.
I'm generally a penny pincher, but this is my big splurge, and worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kberly37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Based on all the internet reviews, I decided to splurge on this foundation. I have never found a foundation I'm "in love" with, but I'm hoping this will be one I commit to. I'm tired of trying new formulas every few months. I have very fair skin, with freckles and some melasma. I also have very sensitive skin, on the combination side with a tendency toward breakouts when using oilier products. Given all my skin needs, finding any foundation is a challenge... especially as crows feet develop around my eyes. After purchasing this at Bloomingdales (Ivoire), I came home and washed my face clean. I then applied moisturizer and eye serum. I waited about ten minutes for those products to soak in and them applied (sparingly) the liquid foundation with my fingers, then blotted with the sponge provided. After the foundation was applied, I applied the creme concealer (around my eyes) with the provided brush, then blended with the same sponge I used for the foundation. A little of this stuff goes a LONG way. My initial reaction to the look was just ok, I wasn't blown away, however after about ten minutes it seemed to dry a bit and I LOVE the look. It looks like my natural skin but without all the hyper-pigmentation and redness. You can hardly notice I have on makeup in sunlight or in artificial light. I usually use power and blush, but I see no need for either now. I think for a nighttime look I will use blush, but I'm digging this natural look. This is only my first day using the La Prairie, so I will be sure to update after a month or so on how it's going, but I'm quite pleased right now. Oh, and NO sinking into fine lines or crows feet. Reminds me of my teenage- young twenties skin. I'm very curious so see how I look in photographs, I'll post that update as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by normajean32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok. Let me start by saying that I am sad to say that based on all of the reviews of this product I bought in and paid this way too high price. The makeup, to me, is not that good. It does give good coverage, but it makes my pores look larger and it is too cakey. I do not have good skin to start with: large pores, acne marks and acne prone skin. I have gotten much better, more natural and cheaper results with other brands. I guess if someone had perfect skin to start with, I could see this looking good on them, but for those who do not have perfect skin and want to look like you do this is not going to do it for you, so save your money honey.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by zakitis

Well, I am a totally obsessed finding the best foundation ever! I have tried so, so, so many foundations. And this I would say is my still number one! you actually need a one drop of it to cover all face using blending brush. It is simply phenomenal, and the coverage is perfect. Actually after this foundation first time I have hears someone was complimenting my skin as it looks poreless. Besides the concelear is also great to cover all dark areas and using it as highlighter. So WHY I put 4 and a half stars if it is so flawless? One ingredient I hate! Petrolatum! It is like hello, I pay 200 euros for petrolatum? but still I guess it somehow makes this great combo of flawless and coverage. I am do highly recommending it. I would say its pretty creamy one so expect your face shine a little, but this is just perfect healthy glow. It kind of has a mask effect so please use only one small drop on it and choose yellowish tone, it will always brighten up your skin. My favourite tones are Golden Beige//Sand Beige. and you can feel this nourishing effect on your skin. So far I have not find better one. As it is SOOO expensive I am planning to start using Make Up Forever HD foundation...however again, HD is just so full of bad chemicals...so I guess, La Prairie so fas has no alternatives. I have heard good references about Cle De Peau, so if someone has tries, please write a review too! I am still on a search of the best foundation. However this is guess will always remain in TOP 3 for sure! But please TAKE a sample of this foundation before you buy it, it is very expensive...and even lots of people love it, it doesnt work on all skin types!! It doesnt matter if your skin is dry or oily, its like or hate is based on your individual preferences! The another minus to this foundation it is air exposed. you actually have to open it and use a stick to get it out of the tube. Would be much better if it could have a pump! But still, I would suggest this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hello ladies,
I am a huge La Prairie Skin Caviar Fdt and yes, I would buy this again. =) What I like is that it stays on a lot of time and even after a few hours, you look like you've just made up your face. Secondly, the ingredients are a huge hit too! Just imagine that the caviar is actually working while you're wearing makeup, which is great because it has some very good anti-aging properties which are welcomed at any age.
This foundation doesn't break me out (and I am very prone to this) or make me look oily. I use to set this with Chantecaille Loose Powder; the combination is good - they work well together, but I'm really looking forward to buying La Prairie's loose Powder too. A LP SA told me that it's better (when it comes to cellular and caviar treatments) when the products are from the same line, because they actually work together.
The consistency of the fdt is quite thick, so a little will definitely go a long way. You just need to put a very small amount on your face; avoid putting to much, otherwise you'll look like you're wearing a funny mask! I have it since April 2012 and more than 3/4 is left. I also appreciate the packaging, the little sponge it comes with it, the metallic support that also has a mirror in it and the small brush for the concealer. The foundation is expensive (mine cost 150 euros and was bought from Amsterdam's duty free) but well worth the money; your skin really deserves the best so it's worth paying for something it's that good.
Enough speaking! =) Overall, La Prairie products are awesome if you can afford them.