November 29, 2014 | 928 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar foundation + concealer pen

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by 123alekscat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fair, combination skin prone to break outs. I have struggled for years to find a foundation to even my completion but I hate feeling like I am wearing too much make up. This foundation is amazing! I wear it in creme lechwe which matches my skin completely. It looks like my skin, but covers imperfections and adds radiance and a dewy finish. I do get oily on my forehead by the end of the day but that happens whatever I use on my skin, a touch of loose powder on my t zone sorts it out no problem . I have not broken out with this product and my skin feels soft and treated after I wash it off at the end of the day. So many people have commented that my skin looks amazing and glowing. This is the first time anybody has ever complemented me on my skin! I cannot recommend this foundation enough! It is expensive but a little goes a long way. I blend it using my shiseiso foundation brush and it melts into my skin perfectly. I'm still undecided about the concealer in the lid. It is good for pigmentation marks and some scarring I have from previous spots, but it is too liquid to cover any new red pimples. I'm also not sure it covers under eye shadows as well as my Laura Mercier secret camouflage. Despite the concealer I would definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, let me start by saying this does not come with a concealer pen and I am not sure why someone labled this that way, its entirely incorrect. It comes with a brush that fits in its own well next to the bottle. The brush is meant to apply the concealer that is in the lid. It is the same concept as the Lancome triple action eye treatment that comes with the concealer in the lid, for those that have tried that. I just wanted to clarify this so anyone thinking of purchasing this would understand what they are getting.
Ok, on to the good stuff. This used to be my go to foundation. My mom has used La Prairie products for years and I started using their foundations from an early age. I use more of my Chanel and Dior foundations at the moment, but I do use this every now and then. I like to use it anytime my skin feels dry, as I find it to be very moisturizing. Now that I am in my 30s and dont too much have breakouts anymore, I prefer a foundation with a more sheer coverage, however I do use this when I need more full coverage for photos etc. So I do keep it on my makeup table and repurchase anytime I am running out.
Its a great smooth foundation that applies well and still looks good hours later. Because it is make for aging, it does not settle in expression lines. I cant say personally about wrinkles yet, but it doesnt seem to settle in my moms and she loves it. I will continue to repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by shirininx

This product costs something like an arm, but it's worth it (in my case anyways). I have combination skin with tendency to get very dry in winter times. This is the only foundation that will not flake on me (other products I tried include By Terry Light Expert, BobbiBrown Foundation Stick, Shu Umera foundation, Shisiedo Perfect Refine). This foundation last for a good 8 hours (I don't use loose powder) and looks gorgeous after it settles. Decent coverage. Gives me that natural beautiful skin look. I'm not crazy about the concealer that comes with it though. Will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm shocked at how much this stuff cost!! And for 122 GBP I was expecting something really amazing.......which didn't happen. This makes Chantecaille's future skin seem good value for money. One thing I do really like about this product is the combined concealer case top, which is quite clever and good for on the go touch-ups. My skin is still quite young so probably not fully benefiting from the product's age-minimising treatment.......but then, neither is my mum! I can't help but feel ripped off! Trust me girls, you don't need to spend this much on a foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lilobubbletea

I can't say enough good things about this product. Granted, I am on the younger side and definitely don't need anti-aging in a foundation quite yet, this foundation looks and feels amazing. I have tried over 20 different shades and brands of foundations in the last month in search of the "perfect" foundation for my skin. I have very fair skin with yellow/olive undertones and the soft beige blends in so well for me. I don't use the concealer and just the foundation to cover up sun spots, discoloration, and the likes...and this might make you think that this is a thick foundation but it's not. It's very lightweight, really natural looking with a dewy finish. It also blends well. The only drawback was that it's $180. This means you can buy 20 drugstore foundations (thats enough to last someone a decade!!!) or 5 high end counter foundations. If it was even $100 - I'd buy it and happily give it 5 stars but it's nearly $200....that's a lot for makeup.

I know that La Prairie has other foundations BUT they don't run in the same color availabilities (which I find really stupid), and the finish is much cakier in the other ones. I guess you REALL do get what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by taliaseki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice foundation which looks really natural and dewy. It does not sink into pores and looks natural even in 5x zoom. up to here it is the best foundation i have ever tried. That sounds realy great but has some cons too. It is very expensive. The concelaer dried undermy eyes so much that i lookes ten years older at once. Coverage is medium which is not enough for me. i also hate to color anything touching my face. i hate cleaning cell phone if i have to make it touch to my face. and this foundation transfers really well. that also means that it can easiliy begin flooding on my oily face in seveal hours. Taking all these into account EE doublewear wins me one more time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I got this in soft beige. BIG mistake. The color was good but it made me breakout, it lasted on my face for 1 hour,it looks like a mask and it changes color in a weird pinky-orange. For the price I expected a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by rsm1309

Really lovely creamy foundation that never shows up pores or flaky patches and actually seems to treat and hydrate your skin whilst you are wearing it. I've never had breakouts using this and it had become a really Holy Grail product for me. The fact it was available in a pen form was the real clincher as I like portable products, and the concealer in the lid was a great bonus. Also, the price for a full size pot was astronomical, so this was a great way to try it out. It actually worked out to be quite cost-effective as I'd use it on areas such as the chin and around the nose, leaving problem-free areas bare, or using a tinted mosturiser like Prescriptives Traceless all over, with this on top just where extra help was needed. One pen (it comes with a refill) lasted me a whole year. So you'll perhaps understand why I'm absolutely outraged that La Prairie have discontinued this. I'm desperately hoping the positive reviews on here will make them reconsider. On the odd occasion a pen comes up on Ebay, there are literally dozens of bids so there is quite clearly still a market for this great product. All in all - Lovely foundation 5/5 - but 0/5 for LP sales and marketing morons who decided to discontinue it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ballerinagrl22

I LOVE this product. For anyone who has the money to spare I can not recommend it highly enough. I have in the past tried hundreds of foundations from Loreal, Max Factor, Lancome, Chanel, Dior, YSL, and Estee Lauder. I had issues with all of them. Then I tried this one - first a sample, then I went back to the store and let the BC try different shades on my face. It looked entirely natural and actually incredibly unexpenctedly matched my skin colour (no other foundation had done this) I was sold! PROS - It's the best match by a zillion miles I ever found to my skin (I have pale olive skin), the colour I use is Soie Naturale (Silk Natural). A little of this foundation goes an unbelievably long way! It lasts and lasts and lasts! You can buy a pot or a pen (with refill), as some people prefer one method of application over another. For regular travellers the pen is best, and I use mine for this purpose. I keep my pot at home. In the top of both pen and pot is a creamy undereye concealer, which is a bonus, and very convenient. The concealer works great under my eyes, so if I'm travelling I don't have to carry the pot of foundation + concealer pen; instead I just take the foundation pen with concealer in the cap. Saves heaps room in my skincare bag!!! One further advantage is that while this foundation is on your skin it is working to repair damage and to keep it plumped and hydrated. CONS - it is VERY expensive - but the pot has lasted me over 6 months and counting, as you need use so little. I will definitely buy again when I run out!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2006 4:16:00 AM More reviews by spexya

After I red some very good rewiews here I went out and got a sample.
Soooo glad I did that insted went out and bought a whole packaging!
Anyway, it is nicely textured, but after just an hour I was completely shiny. I have combo skin with slightly oily T-zone and this foundation is just not right for that type of skin. It is probably very good for sensitive or dry skin, but in my case it just doesn't work.
My favourite is still Sisley oil-free foundation which also gives nice natural coveridge but is much more suitable for oily skin.