November 21, 2014 | 1000 users online

Sunscreen - Peter Thomas Roth - Ultra Lite Oil-Free Sunblock SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's not bad overall and bought it because it was recommended on Lisa Eldridge's site, however, l have an oily T zone and sadly this tends to make me quite oily. It's probably much better on a drier skin, but I'll be using it on my neck for now but leaving it off my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this sunscreen a lot. It feels very hydrating and contains the added benefits of antioxidants and aloe. Even though this product is oil free, it may feel and look too greasy for oily skin types. This blends easily and absorbs quickly into my dry/combination skin. It doesn't cause irritation, clog my pores, or melt the make-up off my face. During hot and humid weather, I can skip my daytime moisturizer and use this product as a stand alone moisturizer/sunscreen. I give this 4 stars, rather than 5 because I prefer chemical free sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It goes on so light that you can't feel it. It takes very little. I generally don't like bottles that pump, like this one. And I am not totally sure I used it all to the finish, which is why I gave the Packaging Quality a 3.

It applies so soft, and it's like, not wearing anything. It has 30 spf. I buy it at Sephora's. I have combination skin, and this doesn't make it any drier, as some non oily cream does. Just remember, it takes very little to cover the face. My first bottle lasted months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by iamchristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this sunscreen! It's perfect for everyday, it's very light and doesn't make my skin feel oily at all! It absorbs pretty quickly as well. I also only use very little to cover my entire face. I bought this after my esthetician recommended it to me and I'm absolutely happy I tried it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by 7954

OML LOOOOOVE THIS!! doesn't make me oily, doesn't make me break out, you forget you're wearing it, and my makeup goes on SO smoothly over this!! LOVE this product, it DOES have that classic sunscreen smell, and the price is a little intimidating, but for me it's a primer AND my skins protection from the sun SO; I love it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even though it's Oil-FREE, it defenitely does not feel like it! It makes my face so shiny as if instead of sunscreen I applied lots of Emu Oil on my face. I go back to my Cellex-C sunblock for acne-prone skin. Still nothing can beat it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this everydayunder my makeup. It does not irritate my sensitive skin (but does irritate my lips). It has SPF 30, which I love, and never causes breakouts. The only thing I don't like, and the reason I gave this a 4, is that it is a bit shiny. I have to dust powder over it after I apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by egoldbau

It was disappointing. Ultra lite just simply does not apply here. I have an oily T-zone with dry patches and I don't know if it ever really "sank" into my skin - it did make my cheeks very soft - but the rest of my face, the lotion just kind of sat there and made me feel greasy. I used it for about 2 weeks and every time I couldn't wait to wash it off later. I'm still looking for a great broad-spectrum sunscreen for the face.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by maysong

YUCK. I wear sunscreen every single day on my face, and when I ran out of my bliss sunban (love), I decided to try this. I have acne prone, oily skin, so I liked that it claimed to be ultra lite and oil-free.

However, after trying this, I broke out horribly. I gave my skin some time to calm back down, then I tried it again to be sure...yep, a miniature pimple mountain range all down my face...blech. It was greasy (anything but lite), and it smelled bad to me (not a "rotten" smell, just a chemical smell). Bummer, since I really wanted to like it :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by windupdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though it has "lite" and even "ultra lite" in its name, this sunscreen took a good ten minutes to really sink into my skin. It did go on smooth but it left me shiny for a bit. Once it dried, my face felt like I wasn't wearing any sunscreen at all and didn't dry out my skin or leave a white cast. Definitely "lite" after your skin absorbs it completely. I would like to see a higher SPF.