October 21, 2014 | 975 users online

Eye Shadow - Chantecaille - Lasting Eye Shade- Peony

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of all the Chantecaille shadows I own, Peony is one of the most versatile (the other is Perle). I wear Peony most often as a full eyelid base color, and unlike other eyeshadows meant to be used a base (e.g., Bobbi Brown's Bone, etc.), the finish of the Chantecaille's Lasting Eye Shade eyeshadows is never dry or dusty, so my eyelids don't look chalky or krinkly-crepy. The soft pink color neutralizes the brown in freckles (sun damage) and tones down purple shadows around eyes. Because ti doesn't translate as PINK on the skin, I occasionally set undereye highlighter/concealer with a light dusting of Peony, using a blending/diffusing brush like Laura Mercier's Finishing Eye Brush.

Peony, a satiny pale pink, is in my top 5 by Chantecaille, along with Agate (disc), Lilac Rose, Perle, and Granite. In fact, I use it nearly every day. I also occasionally wear it as a muted highlighter to tone down a too-heavy blush application (though Perle works best as a cheekbone highlighter). Peony is just a very basic, indispensable shadow for fair and cool to neutral skin tones. Nothing wow but nothing objectionable about it, either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by northender

Someone sent me this shimmery icy pink eye shadow pan as a swap extra once and I didnít touch it, figuring it would be enticing swap bait for some pale Nordic maiden some day, (and hideous on my GGG/DDD NC45 eyelids) but last week I developed an unexplainable need for pink eyeshadow. Still I didnít touch the Peony, figuring it would ďchalk outĒ on me and reduce its swap value by no longer being BN. Well after a superemely overindulgent and fabulous 2007, Iím on a very low buy (a ďVLBĒ) so I just canít spend money on MU right now. So, I started playing with the icy pinks in some Lancome GWPs, then I spent $6 on a HIP pigment. Emboldened by the not-catastrophic glowy results, I finally swiped this shadow and dusted it on my lids. Whatever, itíd been on my list nearly a year and no one had bit. To my amazement, my lids just glowed! The stuff is powder but it glides on like cream. No creasing! Silky texture and a little goes a long way. No chalkiness or obvious glitter - just an icy sheer pinky ethereal & subtle glow that lasts all day over primer. Yesterday, I paired it with blue shadow in the crease and blue liner for an edgy nighttime look; today I toned it down with some matte brown liner and matte brown shadow in the crease. Pretty pretty pretty. I got this for free, but a pan costs $21. I canít say Iíd pay $21 for this pan (or the outrageous $26 for a pot), but for free, itís an awesome basic. Oh, the joys of shopping in your stash . .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

Chantecaille's Peony eyeshadow is a pretty matte pale pink. Although Peony looks matte, it has a creamy glow. A Chantecaille MA said these e/s are made with crushed pearls. Whatever they use, I prefer their glowy effect to chunky glitter! Although this eyeshadow does not fade or crease, I'm giving it four lippies because it's not unique enough to justify the price. (There are other shades from Chantecaille that are totally unique and worth the price- see my other reviews!)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by aroulston

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes I would probably buy this one again - depending on if I had the cash $$$ - the color is very light and pretty. Good for everyday - very nice texture and slight shimmer. I just feel like I could get this somewhere else for cheaper as the price is outrageous. Also - I am very fair so sometimes I like colors to show up more on my skin. Overall is a great base shade and looks nice over plumage as liner and in the corner of my eye as a high lighter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Peony is a lasting eye shade in a shimmery light pink. A little deeper than Perle. Chantecaille is a huge waste of money IMO. Retailing for a crazy $26 these shadows look pretty but arent very pigmented and fade through the day even with a good base. I prefer more pigment. Too many better quality shadows out there. Comes in a single silver compact with white translucent lid. This is also available in the olivia Palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2003 11:00:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a gazillion pink e/s's, but this one is my favorite (I've made a huge dip in it, which is something I rarely do!) Peony is a simple pale pure pink color with a bit, but not a lot of shimmer to it. The reason I like it so much is because the powder is so fine and silky. A long time ago, a Chantecaille MA showed me that I didn't need a brush to apply these because they're so silky...just dabbing it onto my lids with my fingers works. Because these shadows are so finely milled, they blend incredibly easy even without a brush. This color really brightens and opens up my eye area and that's another reason why I love it so much. I'm a golden olive NC30 with brown eyes and hair.