Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash

3.5

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Lauric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Stearic Acid, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (or), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Silica, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Tallow Acid (or), Palmitic Acid, Synthetic Wax, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lauryl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etridronic Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Pentaerithrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, BHT, Blue 1 Lake

on 12/20/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i'm not a fan of the dove body washes but i decided to give this a try. this product claims to be gentle exfoliating but it's really not. the beads don't do anything at all but just get all over your shower. if anything it's creamy and thick but it dried out my skin and the smell is decent. i've tried the equate version of this and in my opinion i like the equate version better. the equate version isn't really exfoliating either but it's much cheaper and it's comparable to dove, though the equate version didn't dry out my skin like dove did.

on 9/4/2014 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Update: This started making my skin itch all over but especially THERE. I couldn't sleep! Have to stop using this crap.

I was hoping this would smell like the bar version of Dove soap but alas it does not. It smells like every Dove liquid body soap I've tried, fruity and artificial. I have KP so was interested in the exfoliating beads but they don't seem to be able to stick onto the skin to work well enough so I will be going back to a scrub then soaping. This is not cutting it for me.

on 3/26/2013 11:03:00 AM

The exfolating beads in this stuff just glogs up my razor, drain and get everywhere. It smells okay but I like heavy duty exfoliation so I will go back to St. Ives which will probably be too roungh for most people. Pros: smells ok, lathers well cons: beads do nothing but irritate me.

Love this body wash! It has a light, creamy scent. The exfoliating beads are a little too rough for everyday use though. I use it once a week and my skin feel amazingly smooth and soft!

HG body wash! I use this in the summer and in the winter, and it does a phenomenal job of exfoliating my skin and leaving it moisturized in the extremes of both seasons.

It does a great job of cleaning my skin. I struggle with a little bit of body acne (I'm a runner...I sweat A LOT!) and since using this, it's virtually disappeared completely. It exfoliates gently but effectively & gets all the dead skin and dirt out of my skin and pores. It smells awesome - gentle and clean. My skin also gets very dry, and it does a great job of sloughing off all the dead skin and moisturizing.

On top of all of that, it's a great value - I use this in the shower every single day, and the bottle lasts me for months. It's really a perfect product!

on 4/29/2012 2:05:00 PM

Another HG! This is pretty cheap- about $5 for a HUGE bottle that lasts me for 2 months. I use this everyday as a body wash. You only need a pea-sized amount on a loofah for your whole body because it lathers so well. It smells nice, fresh, and clean, and the scent doesn't linger on your skin. It has exfoliating beads, which feel so nice, but it's also moisturizing. Love this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

GReat scent, moisturizing. One BIG problem, the beads, i wiill never again use this, they are plastic beads that dont exfoliate, and get stuck to you, and shower. washing DOwn there, is dangerous with this soap, the bar soap is better.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This, I love! It feels amazing on the skin and smells lovely. It really feels like it is really deep cleaning your skin, hence the "exfoliating". It leaves a really pleasant lingering scent in your bathroom and on your skin. It moisturizes very well and leaves your skin smooth. The only cons are it may leave some blue bead residue in your shower and I think it's very overpriced. I find myself only purchasing it when it's on sale even though I love it so much, because the cheapest it can be found is normally at Target or Walmart at nearly $6 which is absolutely too much for a body wash, and the most I have seen is atleast $10 in other stores, which is beyond outrageous. If it was atleast $3.50 that would be alright with me.

on 11/11/2011 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The main problem I have with this stuff is that it doesn't exfoliate. The beads are too tiny and too sparse to do anything other than poison marine life, something I didn't consider carefully enough when I made my purchase. Other than that, this a pretty good moisturising body wash that softens skin and rinses off without leaving behind a sticky feeling. The smell is that of scented talcum powder, not too unpleasant but kind of grandmotherly. Mercifully, the scent doesn't linger after my shower.

on 12/13/2010 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, I'm so surprised by how everyone else thought this product smelled good! I've purchased it a couple times because I do like the results but I decided to stop buying it because I think the smell is putrid! It's sulfuric! The bottle is a nice size and you get a lot of lather out of just a little squeeze but the cap tends to break off.