August 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Cleansers - Giorgio Armani - Gentle Cleansing Milk for Face and Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by lucia18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, aside of being quite pricey, it delivered what I expected. I also use Cetaphil cleanser which is O.K. but truly very basic cleanser, and sometimes I have to use twice to really get rid off my make up. GA cleansing milk removed it at the first time. Yes, it's true I have to use a generous amount of it (not too much though!) in order to get a good cleaning. I didn't find that it would leave any residue on my face. My face is quite dry and I like that this product didn't leave my face raw or dry, but my face felt very nice, almost pampered. I also have a corneal transplant on my both eyes and therefore I have to be super careful about using any product around my eyes. This product didn't irritate my eyes at all when I removed a mascara and water-proof eyeliner as well. If it wouldn't be so pricey - I would buy it again. I'd recommend it with no hesitation - except its price, unfortunately. I like it a little bit better than Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by gisal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product after returning the Chanel version of the same product. The Chanel product irritated my sensitive skin because it is very heavily perfumed. The only down side of the Armani product is its price but it is very kind to the skin and it works. I didn't have difficulty getting make-up off with a small amount of this product and a cotton pad. So the 5 ounce bottle is expensive but will last a long time. I say this product is great if used solely as a make-up remover. I have found that gentle cleansers are often ineffective in removing make-up. This cleanser removes make-up well and causes no irritation to the skin in the process. I don't have a problem with following this step with my regular gentle cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The price for a cleanser is insane, no cleanser should cost this much. $65 for something that will be used up in 3 monthes? No thanks. Yes I am aware these non-rise wipe off make up remover is weak in power and is almost impossible to get all foundation off your face. I use this type of cleanser when I get home to get most of stuff off me, but use full cleanser before sleep. This one functions well but the price is a real no. I would stick to other brands, even drugstore ones instead of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Asphodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably like the name suggests, a very gentle cleansing milk, maybe too gentle in a way. It takes at least 2-3 rounds of wipping plus an extra cleanser to take off light makeup. Beautiful packaging and the pump works really well, that's all I like about this product. Didn't irrate my sensitive skin so I still give this 3 lippies. Won't buy this again tho.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2004 3:37:00 AM More reviews by littlebabyneko

Beautiful packaging but you know the cleanser is no good when the GA SAs have to cleanse 4-5 times before they can get your makeup off. Also leaves a film on your skin. Not good :( I gave price a 5 since you'd go through half a bottle in a week to get your face truly clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2003 10:29:00 AM More reviews by erikatang

A very average cleanser, cleansing power is way too gentle, it takes 3 rounds to take off my light makeup (A bit of foundation/concealer and blush). It does leave my skin soft but there's really nothing special about the GA skincare line, it's just not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 1:46:00 PM More reviews by grenadine_00

Unremarkable. Did not take off light make-up. Left my skin soft yes, without irritation, but cheaper alternatives e.g. Cetaphil, are comparable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2003 9:13:00 AM More reviews by PradaPrincess

Exactly as the name says, a gentle cleansing milk. Very similar formula to Cetaphil (except Cetaphil is much cheaper). Wouldnt rely on this to remove makeup. Would be good for someone with normal-dry skin however one distinct negative point to this is that it leaves a sort of a filmy residue on skin which I had to use another cleanser to wash off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2003 8:49:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having never tried a high-end cleanser before, I was pleasantly surprised with a generous sample of this. The SA said I could rinse it off or tissue it off and I tried both ways but found it hard to remove light makeup (eg tinted sunscreen). It had almost the same consistency, runny and I found that I had to use quite a lot to cleanse my face. Even after using this product, I found quite a lot of makeup left on my face and had to end up using Ponds cleansing wipes to get everything off. However, it certainly left my skin feeling very soft (when used on bare skin in the mornings). Con: pricey at AU$60.