August 30, 2014 | 993 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aubrey Organics - Sea Buckthorn with Ester-C Nourishing Hand & Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is a good lotion. I developed extremely dry/itchy skin this winter and I needed something to soothe and moisturize but also had clean ingredients. I ordered this online and never smelled seabuckthorn before.

It is very heavily scented, but it's not offensive to me. Just smells like vitamin C or maybe even rosehips. Some have said it smells citrusy, but I don't find that true in my experience.

Does a great job at moisturizing and relieveing my itchy/dry skin. Does not feel sticky, greasy or uncomfortable when applied to the skin, but it does take a bit longer to rub in and absorb than other creams/lotions I've used.

A good 'natural' product but not sure I'd go with this scent again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Aubrey Organics is a brand that I usually like, but this product just smells so bad I just can't get past it. To me the palmarosa really stands out (which I can't stand), along with the citronella, geranium & what seems like rancid patchouli (normally I like patchouli). Not a good scent combo to me. Aubrey makes other products with various oils mixed together and I have liked those (like the calendula deodorant), but this one is is awful. I read reviewers on the website say that this smells like sandalwood, but I don't smell the sandalwood at all. This lotion would be much better if it smelled like the Sea Buckthorn soap, which contains sandalwood oil & sea buckthorn and is one of my favorite soaps, but unfortunately this does not smell anything like it. This lotion about $10-$13 for 8 ounces depending on where you get it, but I would definitely test it before buying.

Ingredients: Aqua, myristyl alcohol (coconut fatty alcohol), alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta¨) seed oil*, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil*, glycerin, hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn) oil, sorbitol, glyceryl linolenate, glyceryl linoleate, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, calcium ascorbate, tanacetum annuum (Moroccan blue camomile) oil*, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, litsea cubeba fruit oil, cymbopogon nardus (citronella) oil, cymbopogon martinii (palmarosa) oil, citrus limonum (lemon) peel oil, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, cananga odorata (ylang) oil, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) oil, juniperus virginiana (cedarwood) oil, amyris balsamifera oil, epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene.
*Organic

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by rogernewman

I really wanted to love this lotion. I currently use the Collagen Almond lotion, but I wanted to use something with shea butter in it. I ordered this online, and when I received it I immediately opened the box, washed my hands, slathered my hands with this lotion. Then the smell hit me. Words can't describe how horrible this stuff smells. It reminded if really cheap smell cologne. There was a strong musky odor. The smell is not light by any means, and it did not dissipate. After an hour, my hands still smelled horrible, and I had to wash the lotion off. I gave it 2 lippies because it really softened and moisturized my hands. I just could not get past the unpleasant scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2005 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kylala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion. It helped clear up the long-standing eczema I've had on my hand. I also feel the stretch marks on my stomach are much improved and I love the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2003 7:05:00 PM More reviews by dbor77

This lotion doesn't seem to last very long. You'll have to reapply it several times through out the day. Also the smell: My husband doesn't like it at all. It just stinks. It didn't help my dry skin at all.