March 1, 2015 | 2007 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2015 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been searching for this color for months. Whenever I found it, it had been opened and tested. I recently found a brand-new, never been tested Airy Fairy at Target. I was so excited because this seemed like the perfect color for me. It is a cool-based pinky-nude that looks natural and is flattering on my skin tone. With that said, the formula is too drying and accentuates the lines/dryness of my lips. I thought I could solve the problem by applying balm first, but then the color comes out uneven and disappears quickly. It also has a sheen, like a light metallic/frost, that doesn't suit me at all. Love the color, but not the formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 10:45:00 PM More reviews by choux

It feels so nice and buttery, plus I love the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 10:04:00 PM More reviews by domshug

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this color years ago and loved it. For some reason I'd forgotten about it and spent ages, and rather a lot of money, looking for a nude lipstick that didn't make me look like a washed out corpse. I came across an old tube of it when moving recently and voila! That perfect pinky nude that I'd been scouring cosmetics counters for. I've got light, cool-toned skin and this is a gorgeous color. Thank goodness they're still making Airy Fairy after all these years - for good reason obviously.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Sunegulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

MLBB, great pinky nude, a real go-to lippie. Lasts fairly well too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by terricheng

I recently got into the whole lipstick scene, and I've found that I'm only comfortable with pinks and nudes. I watched a few YouTube videos, and many people have recommended Airy Fairy as a fool-proof lipstick so I picked it up at my local Target.

It is a nice nude with some pink tones. It shows up nice against my NC30 complexion :). I've only used it for about a day, so we shall see how I feel about it later in the week.

It does have an odd smell; and I thought L'Oreal Fairest Nude was tolerable... this is exactly how someone else here described it: waxy cinnamon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Penguin789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a light rosy pink lipstick that leans more on the cool side. It is a very pretty natural, "my lips but better" pink color. Overall, it works well for everyday and i would def repurchase it. The con is the smell. It has a artificial candy smell, but I can get used to it .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by BabyJ1393

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! I bought it because I don't wear very bright colours on a daily basis, so I was looking for a nude/muted colour. I'm quite fair, so on me it looks like a brownish pink, which I think it's perfect. Noticeable, but not bright. It has a nice, moisturizing formula and it's not sticky (I mean it, I find that every moisturizing product sticks to my hair and this one doesn't!). It has a good lasting power, 3-4 hours without eating or drinking (though I find it just fades a little when I drink, so not too bad). The packaging looks nice and expensive and I find it quite sturdy. It doesn't bleed out of my lips, but for more longevity than 3-4 hours I use a lip pencil underneath. I give it 5 lippies because it works really well on me, but my friend that has a slightly darker skin tone can't pull this off. On her lips it looks like concealer, not a flattering look in our opinion... It also has a scent to it, which I quite like (it smells like bubblegum to me), but if you're sensitive to that you may not like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

I bought this lippie on sale a while back, so i dont remember the exact price, but it was somewhere around ~$3-4; it was a great deal! Unfortunately I cant say i love it, like so many others do.

I found the texture and finish quite nice: smooth, creamy, and dewy. I'm just not a fan of the colour on me. It came out as an odd dark bubblegum pink with too much blue undertones; not flattering on my more yellow toned skin! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but fair - medium skinned ladies with cool undertones.

I much prefer revlon's mauve it over! It's not quite so dark, and more warm/peachy toned.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

im an NC45 at the moment, quite quite tan :) but sadly this does not work for me. I am obsessed with nude lipsticks and have been watching tons of favorite drugstore nude lipstick videos on youtube and I saw this was very loved and eventhough i hate frosty lipsticks, I got it for seven dollars at Ulta. I tried it on and it looked exactly like my lips which isnt really what I go for. I go for more of a brownish my lips but better. It dries my lips waaay too much & is not flattering at all of my skintone. Im very golden yellow so maybe thats why this coll pink doesnt work. im sad i wasted my
money on this when i could have used something else :( Dont recommend for anyone darker than NC25 if you are yellow undertoned.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by dany06

Im about an nc45. Im a perfect match to revlon colorstay rich ginger. My lower lip is pink and my top lip is pink rimmed in mauve and purple. This color covers my entire lip and makes both top and bottom the same. The texture is pretty good. The problem is the resulting color. It is pale ashy lavender with a hint of pink.

I dont understand how anyone warm toned and darker than jlo can wear this. I've heard so many good things about this color from other woc. I just dont like it. It is more wearable than the kate moss version 14. That one has no pink tones on me and comes across nude grey. .