Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

on 4/30/2015 5:35:00 PM

This was one of the worst lipsticks ive ever purchased. It was drying, incredibly patchy and not opaque at all. I returned this soon after I bought it.

on 4/12/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

For reference I'm light-medium brown skinned depending on the time of yr...As far as light pinks, I've re-purchased L'oreal's "Fairest Nude" twice but came to realize it's a bit too light on me (could only wear it when my skin's beigey in the dead of winter). So, this wknd Shoppers Drug Mart's having a sale of only $5.65 incl tax on Rimmel lipsticks. I ended up buying the very LAST "Airy Fairy" available. I heard so many great things about this color, youtube, internet, people of all skin tones looking nice in it. As for Rimmel, my 2 staples are "Heather Shimmer" & Kate Moss 14 as I need a brown undertone, so I wanted to branch out & extremely GLAD I did! This lipstick's amazing! Perhaps the only light-ish pink that I can wear. It blends in so well, you can see it but it won't stick out as an "off" color. The texture is nice & smooth. I can either leave it at one swipe for a natural look or build it up to cover my natural lip color completely. Either way it covers lip imperfections & is hydrating at the same time. I think "Airy Fairy" would suit almost every skin color which may explain why they were near sold out as there were tons of the other colors left. Great steal for the low low price, "Fairest Nude" goes for about $14 where I live.

This color was too light for my fair skin

on 2/2/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been searching for this color for months. Whenever I found it, it had been opened and tested. I recently found a brand-new, never been tested Airy Fairy at Target. I was so excited because this seemed like the perfect color for me. It is a cool-based pinky-nude that looks natural and is flattering on my skin tone. With that said, the formula is too drying and accentuates the lines/dryness of my lips. I thought I could solve the problem by applying balm first, but then the color comes out uneven and disappears quickly. It also has a sheen, like a light metallic/frost, that doesn't suit me at all. Love the color, but not the formula.

on 1/26/2015 10:45:00 PM

It feels so nice and buttery, plus I love the scent.

on 1/26/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used this color years ago and loved it. For some reason I'd forgotten about it and spent ages, and rather a lot of money, looking for a nude lipstick that didn't make me look like a washed out corpse. I came across an old tube of it when moving recently and voila! That perfect pinky nude that I'd been scouring cosmetics counters for. I've got light, cool-toned skin and this is a gorgeous color. Thank goodness they're still making Airy Fairy after all these years - for good reason obviously.

on 11/13/2014 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

MLBB, great pinky nude, a real go-to lippie. Lasts fairly well too.

on 10/17/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently got into the whole lipstick scene, and I've found that I'm only comfortable with pinks and nudes. I watched a few YouTube videos, and many people have recommended Airy Fairy as a fool-proof lipstick so I picked it up at my local Target.

It is a nice nude with some pink tones. It shows up nice against my NC30 complexion :). I've only used it for about a day, so we shall see how I feel about it later in the week.

It does have an odd smell; and I thought L'Oreal Fairest Nude was tolerable... this is exactly how someone else here described it: waxy cinnamon.

on 10/16/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a light rosy pink lipstick that leans more on the cool side. It is a very pretty natural, "my lips but better" pink color. Overall, it works well for everyday and i would def repurchase it. The con is the smell. It has a artificial candy smell, but I can get used to it .

on 9/1/2014 10:54:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I bought it because I don't wear very bright colours on a daily basis, so I was looking for a nude/muted colour. I'm quite fair, so on me it looks like a brownish pink, which I think it's perfect. Noticeable, but not bright. It has a nice, moisturizing formula and it's not sticky (I mean it, I find that every moisturizing product sticks to my hair and this one doesn't!). It has a good lasting power, 3-4 hours without eating or drinking (though I find it just fades a little when I drink, so not too bad). The packaging looks nice and expensive and I find it quite sturdy. It doesn't bleed out of my lips, but for more longevity than 3-4 hours I use a lip pencil underneath. I give it 5 lippies because it works really well on me, but my friend that has a slightly darker skin tone can't pull this off. On her lips it looks like concealer, not a flattering look in our opinion... It also has a scent to it, which I quite like (it smells like bubblegum to me), but if you're sensitive to that you may not like it.

Popular Lipsticks