Cover Girl Eyelash Curler

2.1

on 1/17/2013 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this curler for as long as I remember. However, now that they no longer provide refills, I'm going to have to move on. I bought some Maybelline refills (which are silicone, not the old-school rubber) and they don't fit quite right, and end up bending some of my eyelashes down, instead of up. The silicone pads are curved on top, and the original pads were flat, so the metal doesn't hit it right. I'm going to get a Maybelline curler (to fit the pads I bought); hopefully that will work, and I have pads to last me a while!

Cover Girl: if you're going to discontinue the refills, you might as well discontinue the curler itself.

btw, it seems from comments on Cover Girl's website that they changed this curler, and it's smaller now. Those of us who bought them a long time ago are probably more satisfied than more recent purchasers.

on 12/30/2012 8:43:00 PM

PROS: Well, it's an eyelash curler. That's about it for me.

CONS: Pinches easily. Doesn't curl well. I prefer almost any alternative out there.

ALTERNATES: Shiseido has one that has less curve and whose curl lasts a lot longer than this one. You can also buy Shiseido replacement pads without having to buy a curler. If you don't want to spend that much, I thought Revlon's Extra Curl Curler was much better than this Covergirl one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like this a lot. What negative complaints am I missing? It curls great but my only con is it takes a few uses to get curled lashes & it punches sometimes. It was 6 bucks at Target and has lasted me almost a year. I'd repurchase.

on 9/21/2011 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have used a few drugstore brand eyelash curlers. I've never tried an expensive one. This CG one works well for me, and is not expensive.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

My first eyelash curler and I don't have any complaints or anything to compare it to, but it curls my lashes, and its pink and cute. If you want to try it out, BUY IT. I mean it was $3 and it came with an eyelash and brow brush. Thumbs up :) But next time I would try a new one.

on 2/26/2011 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I really wanted to like this one, but I guess it was stupid to expect miracles from a cheap eyelash curler. The first problem I had was its shape as the curler just wouldn't catch all of my lashes. And no matter for how long I kept holding it, this thing just wouldn't curl my lashes at all.

on 2/15/2011 3:43:00 PM

This eyelash curler is the worst doesn't curl my lashes and it pulled a few of my eyelashes out and the rubber part is poorly made

on 8/22/2010 3:46:00 PM

Takes a few tries before this eyelash curler actually works due to the stiffness of the silicone pad it comes with. However, it's a decent eyelash curler. Probably wouldn't repurchase due to the fact that this costs $5 when there are other ones out there that cost $1 - $2 and give the same results.

on 7/25/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When i look at tutorials on using other eyelash curlers, it seems like they curl a lot better than this! I only thought that it worked for like 3 days since it was my first one! URG! it is not very good!

on 7/3/2010 7:15:00 PM

I bought this because I've heard some great things about it, but to my surprise, this eyelash curler sucks ass. Do NOT buy it. I've held it on my eyelashes for even over 20 seconds, and it still doesn't curl them at all!!! If you want an eyelash curler that actually works, don't buy this one. You'd be smarter to invest in a more expensive one then to buy this cheap shit and never have curly lashes again!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools